What are the best ways to become biologically immortal?

What are the best ways to become biologically immortal?

By killing yourself

rude.

Be a tree.

find a way to create a digital copy of your brain

Gorillapost

>What are the best ways to become biologically immortal?

Step-by-step guide to amortality:
1. Grow a brain-dead clone of yourself
2. When your body starts failing,
surgically transplant your brain into your
clone's younger one and regain your youth.
3. Repeat.

DISCLAIMER:
- Won't fix brain damage, so you're still
screwed if you end up with alzheimer's or
dementia
- You can still be killed
- Clone body might reject your brain, but
hopefully not because it's a genetic copy of
your own
- I said hopefully up there because I'm not a
real scientist and came up with this in a
washroom
- Once again, NOT A REAL SCIENTIST

At the very least, you could use your brain-dead clone as a donor for any organ transplants you might need in the future.

Not dying.

Do you realize that the brain ages

Not biological.

First, we need total immunity to genetic mutation and thus neoplasia.

Then, we need greatly improved maintenance of neurological tissue, including more comprehensive neurogensis and mechanisms to conserve (via replication) developed synaptic associations, and brain epimorphosis if it must go that far.

Finally, we need the same of all somatic tissue.

Throw in electrobiogenesis for style points.

what's electrobiogensis?

drink a lot of red wine and green tea
follow medeterranian diet

If you were truly intelligent, you'd realize that death is a good thing.

There was a time where I would've posted the same thing. But then I relapsed into a crippling fear again. Took a couple of months to stop thinking about my mortality daily. Now, like everyone else, just pretend that I'll never die.

Lurk on diybio for the next 50 years?

I know, that's why I mentioned alzheimer's.

SOYLENT

>11g sugar
diabeetus

+ neurones
+ stem cells for regeneration of the brain
Sounds a little bit dumb but i dont care

>best ways
Shit I'm more interested in the worst ways

A teaspoon of monosodium gluten ate 3 times a day from birth. Tastes good too.

The brain is an immunologically privileged organ, the only one in the human body, which means you can transplant it without fear of rejection by the host's immune system.

I hope this becomes a craze, to see their consumers develop tits and cancer 10 years from now.

As sexual reproduction dumps us into the shitter past optimal breeding ages we are designed to die. The only way to solve this is to alter particular genes that deal with cellular and genetic maintenance as well as various other development chains involving puberty and maturing. Essentially to have a "perfect" Immortal form you'd want to convince your body that being biologically 25 or so forever is a good idea and force it to believe that you're that age.

See the beauty in life existing and experiencing, and then all pain ending.
Every rose has it's thorn.

Just like every cowboy sings his sad sad song

Reminds me a bit of the concept for that movie, "In Time" with them being stuck at 21 years old.

Smoke lots of weed.

Weed slows down perception of time (slows down aging process)
Stay high
Never age

Stayed high since age 18. About a quarter oz a day. 13 years later, I still look the same. Exactly the same. Act similar, feel the same, look the same. It works.

Do DMT and you'll get all the answers.
Gnight.

With the current technology and advancement immortality is not far fetched.The reason we grow old is due to the decaying of our regeneration rate.The current technology probably has the capability to overcome that factor but they would never release it to the public as it would cause a havoc(population explosion ,lack of food etc).
However overcoming regeneration is not the only way of gaining immortality.The other way we can be immortal(my idea), if we find a way to transfer our memory into a device and store it there continuously till we die or for however long we wamt and then when we choose brainwash the host and replace the hosts memory with your own memory hence you live again.(less humane but science requires sacrifice)
text me on fb-parikshith.pradeep (the nerdy guy with the glasses sipping cappacino)