Thoughts on Panda express Veeky Forums? I work very close to one and end up eating there at least 3 times a week...

Thoughts on Panda express Veeky Forums? I work very close to one and end up eating there at least 3 times a week. I come back because i fill out a quick survey for a free item on receipt. I hate how they ask for donation and if you chose to cashier spams the shit out of a ringer for crew to yell THANK YOU user, makes me never donate. The Guava tea is bretty gud

overpriced (theres a reasons the chinese are called the jews of asia) but still better than any shitty buffet.

9 dollars for the bigger plate tray isn't too bad

Eating a fuck load of Panda express used to be a ritual of mine every time I was in Denver International. I'd fly in and out of there for school, and before take off or upon landing, I'd locate the nearest panda express and get a gigantic platter of orange chicken and rice, then proceed to eat myself into a gluttony coma. It was wonderful. It may well have shaved several years off my life, but it was worth it. I haven't set foot in panda express since I graduated. Perhaps it's time to change that.

>orange chicken
how could you prefer that over the broccoli beef or string bean chicken..

Black pepper chicken is best

String bean chicken is goat

> I hate how they ask for donation and if you chose to cashier spams the shit out of a ringer for crew to yell THANK YOU user, makes me never donate.

What the FUCK is wrong with Americans

Microwaved tasting overpriced junk imo. Fried rice is always dry as fuck

I consider shitty Chinese food to be its own thing (much like how Taco Bell's shitty Mexican food is its own thing), and don't like to compare it to actual food. In that regard, it's actually pretty decent, especially for how cheap it is. I live in a small city in the Southwest now, and because apparently no one here knows what good Asian food tastes like, every Chinese place here is absolute garbage. Panda Express is pretty much better than all the local places, so it has that going for it.

Would I eat there if I still lived in a city with good Chinese? No, but if I have to eat shitty Chinese, it's not the worst I can do.

I get the white rice/steamed vegetables with teriyaki grilled chicken when I didn't prep or am too lazy to cook myself

As far as fast food goes, I rate it high tier. At least you can get veggies and the food is always hot. When I was single and didnt have a good kitchen, I ate there probably 3 times a week.

100% shit

Are you never in the mood for shitty chinese or mexican? Sometimes I really just want that awful shit, that 3AM taco bell or panda express.

never had it

It's just Americanized Chinese food. It's tasty but it's nothing new or special.

literally any shitty buffet is better than panda express. what the fuck. panda express is inedible. their egg rolls are frozen microwaved mush. their chicken is frozen dry trash. their sauce is hfcs and salt with red or brown coloring. there is no texture, only mush. at least at a buffet you can get some shitty soup and dim sum

im legitimately angry. you are all objectively wrong. what is wrong with you? just go to the shitty americanized chinese place where the parents cook and make their kids run the register. at least they dont microwave everything

what is microwaved at panda?

how can you compare Panda and Taco bell, Panda is way above taco bell in quality and freshness. You always see the employees making giants pots full of sides

Asian restaurants in my area just have Mexicans in them. They do alright.

wew lad

You can find an actual Chinese restaurant in any damn city run by actual Chinese people. Its usually 6 or 7 bucks for a lunch special thats an entree, rice, and soup or eggroll.

NEVER TRUST ORIENTAL FOOD MADE OR SERVER BY WHITE PEOPLE

Because neither have much to do with the kind of food they're trying to emulate. It wasn't a quality comparison, but a comparison about how both kinds of restaurants serve low-quality vaguely ethnic-inspired food aimed at American tastes. To me, it's a completely different thing than actual Mexican or Chinese food, and I like to point out the difference to people that like to get pretentious about how stuff like Taco Bell isn't authentic. Of course it isn't, no one thinks it is, and no one gives a shit. Trashy fast food has its own time and place.

Hell yeah, I do. But it's nice to have a choice. I can switch between good and shitty Mexican wherever I want, but my city's almost total lack of Asian people means that Panda Express is as good as Chinese gets here. It would be nice to be able to get something better when I want. it.

one opened up near me and I find it gross.

There was already a locally owned chinese place run by actual chinese people and they cook everything on the spot. They'll give you a fairly big lunch try for about 5 bucks so they're pretty well priced. They also have maybe the sweetest Crab Rangoon I've ever eaten, they're ridiculous.