I don't hate Nano but why would it be prefered over lightning network ?

I don't hate Nano but why would it be prefered over lightning network ?

Lightning network seems to be even faster than nano and can handle 100,000 tps.

Just saying once BTC gets lightning and LTC, what would Nano's niche become?

>no fees
Lightning network fees are going to be like 1 satoshi, i dont think this is a big deal

>too much electricity for PoW

This is the one and only solid/selling argument that Nano has over BTC.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c4TjfaLgzj4
youtu.be/48uSd4eQfZs
youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2672512
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lightning will be less secure than on chain transactions.

to use lightning network both sides must be online, you have to lock your coins in a channel so opening channels with different people will require you to keep multiple bitcoins locked, also it's not secure, you can literally lose your coins by using it

Can you explain?

Are you guys seriously using bcash propaganda?

Just watch this video for fuck sakes

youtu.be/c4TjfaLgzj4

using a side chain is pretty much covering a leak with a patch. it doesn't fix the fundamental problems of btc. it is highly unstable and unsecure if it uses lightning network, where as nano's infrastructure allows it to scale to at least 7,000 tps without any problems. nano works much better and it's better to improve on a coin that has better tech than try to revive outdated technology... if people stop supporting LN bye bye scalability. nano's design is inherently much more efficient

next moon mission

i bought btc when it was $100 in 2013. fees were under 10 cents and it confirmed in less than a minute. i dont know how to say this but LN will never ever be able to reach those numbers again even with LN. you are being fed hopes and dreams... Until we actually see it in action, you can't say its better. Nano is working RIGHT now and ready to be used by the masses

are you serious right now?
you make yourself look like it posting this in a nano thread, the most unsecure currency there is.

>i dont know how to say this but LN will never ever be able to reach those numbers again
it will be faster

>i bought btc when it was $100 in 2013. fees were under 10 cents and it confirmed in less than a minute
knew you were just larping, in 2013 it usually took you at least around 20-25min to get at least 6 confirmations, fees were also around 2$

>ready to be used by the masses
this is not true, its very likely that nano wont be able to handle a glimps of what bitcoin does.

Lightning network already works, theyre just setting it up for mass adoption.
youtu.be/48uSd4eQfZs

lol your an idiot. i bet you didn't read the whitepaper of nano. you sound like a retard who actually listened to the FUD about the double spending, none of which is even true stay salty

>knew you were just larping, in 2013 it usually took you at least around 20-25min to get at least 6 confirmations, fees were also around 2$

dude your an idiot miner's fees were not $2 for $100 btc. thats a 2% fee lmao.. by your standards to transfer btc today would cost $220 per transaction. stop embarassing yourself

and yes if you want 6 confirms it took at least 20 min, but im talking about 1 confirmation. 1 confirmation took about 1-2 mins which is all that was needed while buying/selling in person

>your an idiot

still doesnt address how this pretty much means bitcoin will become centralized with LN... its not even coming out until EOY, so you can go ahead and hold your btc til then and watch nano explode to triple digits.. your choice

>send 1 btc to friend
> friend receives 0.9999999 btc

>send 1 nano
>friend receives 1 nano

Also, look at segwit, still not used by majority. Guess how long LN will take to get adopted

MichaelJacksonpopcorn.jpg

I just think Nano is too bare bones to survive long term, as it' niche will be done better by the number one coin in the world with the most liquidity as well.

You can fud LN all you want just like Roger was fudding Segwit and it turned out to be normal.

First mover is always hard to topple, just look at TCP/IP.

I wouldn't care if NANO hitting 3 digits, I'm a lot more bullish on smart contract protocols rather than currency coins and they have a lot more potential value than nano.
And how is lightning network centralized exactly ? Please id like to hear your thoughts

nearly every retailer has dropped bitcoin.
LN is still in "development" and they say it will still take years to get it working properly. (i doubt it will ever work well at all)
Bitcoin has lost its advantage because they're taking forever.
Twitch is already accepting nano and it's only been popular for a month

LN is only centralized solution for unsolvable blockchain scaling problem.
youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g

Losers can talk all they want but really BTC and ETH only ones doing real numbers. Until your shit coin can handle REAL traffic like that then lets talk. Mean time hold this L while I hold BTC & ETH. Go and watch the Andreas Antonopoulos misconceptions about lightning network video on youtube you stupid fucks.

Yahoo and Google.
Myspace and Facebook.

NANO is just better, faster and feeless version of Bitcoin.

i just watched the video, it doesn't do anything to address any of the major concerns.
and he's really long winded and not organized so it's boring to watch.
rick's video was a lot better

>numbers
It was already stress tested at over 300 transactions per second.
That is literally way more than BTC and ETH handle today COMBINED.

You didnt watch shit you stupid fuck i literslly posted the msg 1 min ago n u response is less than a minute go kys

i skipped through the boring parts. i'm not sitting for 20 minutes for a long winded explanation.
didn't see anything in there i didn't already know

Lightning network is total vaporware shit. There's so many other coins that work perfectly right now.

If you guys had half a brain you would know the block lattice is heavily flawed just DYOR

When the bitgrail hack happened there isnt even a timestamp on nanos stupid currency to even know when it happened u guys are so delusional holy shit lol

so a summary says "You don't have to be "always online" for it to work."
even if you fix the online problem, there's two major issues, one is liquidity, the other is opening channels.

You can only open channels at 7 tps, which is too slow if you want millions of users.
It would take years for everyone to open their channels, and the fees would be horrendous to start.

By the time "channel factories" come out a year or two from now, (and who knows how channel closing trolls will affect that)

Then there's the major problem that you'll be limited to spending 1/15th of what you put in your channels.
WTF are you supposed to do for bigger purchases? On Chain? wasn't that the entire thing we were avoiding?

timestamps can be spoofed and are non-falsifiable, so it's retarded to waste bandwidth by putting it in the protocol. you can create timestamps client side if you want them.

Do any of you cucks even know how this hack happened on bitgrail? Is there a way to track what happened like you know how u would with bitcoin?

any exchange worth their salt will have levels of security, including daily audits of crypto levels in their balances.
bomber was arrogant and retarded and tried to do everything on his own. or he's probably doing it on purpose since his tagline is "live long enough to be a scammer"
bomber had no audits, and his logic he coded was stupid.
"If don't see the tx in the chain, retry the transaction".
So the tx would be broadcast, he'd check for it, it wouldn't show up yet, then he'd send the money again. this was a problem in his database.

This was amplified as the API didn't have a default idempotent request until V10.

but that wasn't the only problem on bitgrail as ETH & BTC deposits were double credited also.

Bitcoin is the most decentralized thing on the planet. Nothing is more important in a cryptocurrency than decentralization. If you have truly done your research you know nano and their official representatives is what's keeping it going. This is not decentralized. If you guys wanna come at the king prove that your shit coin is truly decentralized.

those who hold the most stake in the xrb have the most incentive to game the transactions. XRB is not the first DPOS network there's also bitshares that's been around forever. no double spends yet.

LN has no liquidity and will force centralization to have the ability to send anything.

Everyone missing the point of crypto these days. Even ether when they announced proof of stake. What a fucking shame.

are you a bot? i keep calling out your bullshit and you ignore it.

Seeming faster is different than being faster. I;d also like to bring up Stellar. What's the main thing that attracts people more to Nano over Stellar? Well the same reason that people prefer Nano over LN. Too much centralization for LN nodes, also any fee, as minimal as it is, is till a fee. Besides, Nano is already functioning, unlike LN. This i why Nano takes care of this.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2672512

So go doublespend yourself to becoming a multi millionaire user.

Nano has a marketcap of 2 billion dollars. If you think there is a double spend, go ahead and get your 2 billion dollars and convert it into monero. But there isnt and you cannot so just shut the fuck up you faggot.