Do you guys use money as a bookmark?

do you guys use money as a bookmark?

i don't have any money

I spend all my money on Sodiepops and cigarettes at the gas station

Yes. Nice thread by the way

No need for a bookmark.
If you can't remember exactly where you stopped, then reread it from the beginning and give it your attention this time.

Ada as in Nabokov?

>a fucking leaf

explains a lot

No, I lose all my bookmarks. I did find a $10 bill in one of my library's Wizard of Oz books though.

>meme trilogy in the background

so HE'S the cunt making all those meme trilogy threads

I always have the meme trilogy in sight. so when my friends come over they say "hey are those any good?" and I try and keep a straight face a say "yeah you wanna borrow one?"

and lolet *

nice cat

Bookmarks are for the plebest of plebes. The superior way to read is naturally: either read where you open to and literally get lost in the text, unafraid to take the wrong turn or get off on some strange exit, journeying into the strangest and most interesting worlds of literature as they would be to anyone new to them, or else to read in one sitting and absorb the story as if it were your life.

are you the same fag that took that swell photo of the god delusion with rainbow dash sitting on top of it?

found a $5 bill in a library book once. highlight of my life, it's been downhill since

Where did you buy Ulysses, mine has the same pen mark on the bottom

also the canadian dollar...

>Gaddis

good man. also, nice trilogy there in the background. except that one in the middle.

This tbqh. If you can't remember the page number or the general part of the book you were reading, then you weren't paying close enough attention. I rarely use bookmarks.

kek @ background
im proud OP

hell no man. I'm to old for that stuff.

Bookmarks are for book fetishists. People for whom it's far more important to be seen as a reader than it is to actually read.

People who couldn't analyze a text a minute after finishing it.

>projecting

lmao

he's right though.

I personally even find that having bookmarks around me only distracts me from actually reading the damn work.
While I'm reading, the bookmark is sitting around somewhere near me, and it's like it's literally staring at me and waiting for me to hurry up and god damn finish with my annoying pretending that I'm doing something useful already so that it can be tucked away again in the warmth and cozyness of the book.

I don't really use bookmarks since I often just remember the page but when I do it's usually old receipts or cards or something like that.

gay

if you get distracted from a bookmark you have ADD

>bookmark waiting for you to finish
wtf dude

the most patrician bookmark is a leaf or a feather or a twig, something you pick up near the tree you're reading under

almost forgot insect wings

lmao I'll get a twig

>twiggy recommending a twig

self-promoting shill. reported.

I saw a hispter guy doing that in the subway yesterday

Is it some kind of new trend?

was it me? and was I reading the recognitions?

Shit like that just screams "I'm a bougie wanker".

no. money is dirty.

cool idea, op!
I'm gonna bookmark my copy of J R with money!

This whole thread stinks of "hey, everyone I'M READING GADDIS AND I HAVE THE MEME TRILOGY!!!!!!"

I guess not enough people IRL give a shit.

Don't show us the books you bought—show us how you benefitted from reading them.

I don't remember... In argentina light brown bear and hear, glasses with a 5 pesos bill

If was you, I like you your jacket

i use foreign money that i cba to get exchanged, like 1 dollar bills

I always use money as a bookmark. Moreover, I pocket it back only if I finish reading the book, otherwise it stays in, even if borrowed.

fucking this Jesus Christ

Sounds like a good way to discipline yourself. I'll keep that in mind, thanks user.

lol nigga goes broke. has money in books not yet finished. leaves money in books. sheeeit

Apparently most banknotes have trace amounts of cocaine on them. Fun fact for ya.

>uses $100 bill
>loses book

sheeeeit

The kind of user who would post pictures of themselves reading 'The Recognitions' on this board for Veeky Forums points are exactly the kind of user that Gaddis was lampooning in the work and they don't even see it.

Just shrug it off and keep it moving.

Not me but

I once found 10 000 vietnam moneys in a book.

I lost a 20 dollar bill doing this with library books

omg OP what page are u on

ill-fitting clothes

lol im viet. that's like 50 cents usd

>peeps
you fucking child

Is peeps a good book? I heard you need to know like the entire Western canon before you read it because of the blizzard of literary allusions

yes

i use a ripped dollar bill that i couldn't use at a liquor store

It was in an easter basket gift from my mom :(

Wouldn't recommend peeps to anyone who wasn't deliberately seeking out peeps, honestly. It's pretty monotonal, so once you get through a tenth of it, you know exactly what the rest of peeps is going to be like, you get pretty sick of it.

i love peeps

Are American bills still made from paper? Why do you goons stick with the exact same banknotes for decades on end? Polymer is much more durable and allows for tighter security features. Silly Yanks.

fuck you red coat trollyhopping bastard!

we literally invented the concept of money so YOU could use it you dumb YUROPOOR show some respect

The Mormon Church has shittons of bookmarks

>we literally invented the concept of money

lol is this kid for real

post moar of the puss

You need medication senpai

why would I use a $5 bookmark when I could use a $0.05 bookmark

so desperate to show books and five dollar bills, like you think either means anything about you

i hope you're young or, like, mentally deficient somehow

Thanks. Nice kitty. Needs a softer blanket though.

nah I'm just desperate to show some thing about something or something.

You're reading a book wrong if you're paying attention and memorizing each individual word or phrase. You merely read it roughly as a whole, and whatever essence you extracted from it, that's all you have. This also means, NEVER read the same book twice, it is a most unholy sacrilege.

You almost had me fooled, user.

I guess you don't have any formal study of literature. Thanks for trying to contribute, anyway.

where u at my canadafriend? kebekwa? the 6?

>he thinks a single reading is enough
>he hasn't read his favourite books more than 30 times
>he can't quote entire pages

oh user

Studying literature has eliminate all my love for reading, word by word analyzation is one of the most painful thing in the world.

I guess you never liked literature to begin with, then.

I guess so, but my knees are too deep to back out now.

the autism is unparalelled

sssssssssssssssssssss

I had a friend in the Peace Corps who went back to US for a week to visit some family and while she was there bought a book in a used bookstore that ended up having $100 in it. There was a pretty good all you can eat and drink sushi restaurant in Skopje so she used the money to feed us all.

Absolutely.

There is simply too much wrong with this image.

Is it satire?

>running shoes

Use an old bracelet someone made for me that was accidentally cut at one point. It's kinda nice I think.

that's literally the gayest thing in this entire thread.

>He's open to it not being satire.

There really is one born every minute.

What did you mean by this?

it looks like a dildo with a caterpillar design

it's super gay dude

wearing anything around your wrist is gay.

He meant you suffer from dick breath.

also, you have man hands, so you're probably not a woman which is why ur an ultra gay faglord

What's up with the homophobia? Reported.

>not eating each page after you're done with it

Concerned third party here. I think the hand is cute. But I'm afraid I'll be reporting both you and myself for announcing reports.

What's up with the homophobe-phobia? Not reported because not faggot pussy here.