How are your other gains coming along, Veeky Forums?You do lift, right?

How are your other gains coming along, Veeky Forums?You do lift, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendocoin.wixsite.com/nintendo/ico
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not very often. Focusing more on academic gains. Increased my GPA from 2.2 to 3.5 over the past two years

school?! lmfao where is that gonna get you in life?
" i just did 4 years of college and know i get to work... for the rest of my life.... oh."
HAHAHAHAHAHA
oh and enjoy your debt
Anything you want to know is online.
You're literally just going into debt to become a wage slave.
Life is too fucking short for that bull shit.
It's a trap.

I do but am newfag, doing a modified version of sl 5x5, instead of squat/milpress/dead on one day and squat/bench/row the other I’m doing them all in one and only upping the weight every 2 weeks, is this a shit plan?

Yes, doing them on separate days isn't as exhausting and let's you push yourself harder and safer

I just put a gym together in my garage because I hate being around other people when I work out. I've never been happier. I can watch and listen to whatever I want while I lift and just relax.

Avoiding college is great advice for people with exceptional talent but for normies, getting a degree is by far the best thing to do. Statistically college grads make much more and have better careers than high school graduates. I'm not saying it's great but despite the indoctrination and the meming, going and getting a real degree, I.e., a STEM degree is the best way to set your life.

>Gym had lots of huge but awkward lifters who'd give me advice and discuss nerd shit with me
>3 years later, gym is super popular now, teenagers everywhere, everything is taken and it's all obnoxious as shit
I finally see why the homegym folks are so smug about it.

You're a newbie, do the regular plan, and put on more weight every week.
Those newbiegains ain't gonna last forever.

> lifting

I remember when I was unaware. Martial arts are the far superior physical pursuit. and I used to be all about lifting, until I got fucked up in my first bjj class by people way smaller than me, makes you realize how fucking dumb the lifter's mentality really is

Any other uh... crossfitters here?

It got me a dream job at university which required a master's degree. Fuck off.

Actually in the middle of a cut right now.
I'm so hungry...

Dude, nobody cares about being strong. You lift so you look buff. That's the only reason any sane man would ever want to lift weights.

I can respect the desire for aesthetics, I was that way once. But the veneer of vanity comes apart eventually, it did for me.

I don't lift anymore after a back injury that has caused severe nerve damage.

I think about it multiple times a day, every day how I will never deadlift again.

yep. got to a 415 deadlift, and I started to realize "holy shit this a lot of shear stress and weight on my spine". saw one of my buddies go to snap city, realized I wasn't a powerlifter, and stopped deadlifting. shit can mess you up, I was lucky enough to get out unscathed after lifting for years, but once i started messing around with really big weight, I could feel my body was not happy about it, things started to tweak and feel wierd.

Extra body weight is great for striking though, lifting strengthens the small muscles around the joints too. Anterior, posterior and lateral muscular balance are important for correct posture I guess none of this is important for wrestling huh sweetie

I was at 435 DL.

I felt my vertebrae crack like a knuckle on a 225 warmup rep. The doctor said that it's retrolisthesis. The L5 is now misaligned. For the first week my leg was numb and tingly, and ever since then the left calf has atrophied, constantly twitches and I get a charliehorse any time I flex it or move it too quickly

They're going okay. I can't add weight every session any more, but I'm squatting 120kg 5x5.

My career gains are coming along nicely as well, but that's a bit harder to quantify.

you don't need to lift weights for that, manipulating the bodyweight of another person is more than enough resistance training. all of the best guys at my gym just do bodyweight exercises, plyo, and cardio which is more than enough in conjunction with sparring and drilling. quit trying to defend lifting just cause you do it, I've been lifting for years as well so I don't need advice on it bud. and extra body weight doesn't need to be acquired through lifting.

holy shit. yeah my buddy just slipped a disc, he had good form too, said he had weird shooting pain down his leg. hopefully you get better man but from what I hear a lot of these spinal injuries are very hard to recover from

calisthenics all the way.
Why deadlift if you can front lever?
Why bench press if you can planche?
Mfw I don't need a parachute because of my lats
>Squats > everything though. Pistol squats just don't cut it

I don't lift to learn how to fight, I do it to feel healthy and look good. Most of all I actually enjoy lifting, it's a hobby to me.

Getting a subluxated shoulder was enough to put me off judo, and I can't justify sticking with BJJ when classes were costing me $33/week.

see a proper chiro (gonstead)

deadlift is a hip hinge
dips/weighted push-ups are great though

Chiropractic is dangerous, pseudoscientific quackery.
You'd be better off even doing homeopathy or aromatherapy, because at least they won't fuck you up any worse than you already are.

Already flipped 2 ETH of Nintendo Coins.

AMA

nintendocoin.wixsite.com/nintendo/ico