Corinthians
Deuteronomy
Numbers
Leviticus
Song of Solomon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JamX2CqUFWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't get why everyone creams their pants over Revelations. It's just a bunch of shitty obscure symbolism.

Surprisingly accurate. Although personally I would place Exodus below Job, and Acts between Matthew and John.

>Matthew above John
>Song of Solomon last
Wew lad.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MARK

WHAT ABOUT THE MARKAN SECRET

what is it with this board's fixation on the Book of Job?
I was raised Christian and we never focused much on Job, but I've noticed many non-Christians who've studied the Bible rank it highly among the other books and speak often of it

Have you read it lately?

Thinking of finally reading the KJV soon and thought I'd ask in this thread instead of making a new one: what is the right order to read it in?

>raised Christian
>didn't focus one of the three most literary books of the Bible
typical retarded Christfags

Left to right isn't a bad way to do it. It's a little bit out of order from the way they were written, but the first five books provide the foundation for the rest of it.

not since I was a kid desu.
I'll read it again with my new and improved adult mind.

>focusing on the literary aspects of the Bible
I don't think you understand the concept of religion friendo

Read it from start to finish, but do yourself a huge favor and skip Leviticus.

I'd recommend the new king James over the king James, unless you're into reading old-english

Just read it front to back the first time to familiarize with the books. It's not like a sequential story with an arching plot or anything

If you think the Bible is the word of God you should appreciate every aspect of it.

DON'T do that. The laws God prescribes for Israel are important to the overarching narrative.

If you're just reading it to read it, you should read the Message translation. It's the most reader friendly translation.
If youre actually studying it I'd recommend NKJ or NIV translations, but the Message is best for sitting down and reading the thing

>the Message translation
Not even once. And you don't study with NIV. You study with NASB.

Growing up Catholic I didn't read much of Job either, but now (still Catholic) that I have read it, it's very powerful. What's nearly unique about it is that it rams head-first into the problem of why bad things happen to good people. It calls God's justice into question. The answer you get is also one that's bound to disappoint people, at least until they think about it a little.

Beyond the major thrust of the book, the poetry and singing of Job and his friends is really beautiful, very striking.

It's about as "necessary" to the overarching narrative as the Cetology chapter in Moby-Dick.

Its very beautifully written and very interesting.

The book is mostly Job and 3 other men debating about why job is suffering and it kinda touches on allot of philosophically interesting things.

Some people say Job didn't really remain faithful because he did some kinda edgey things but he never renounced his faith in god.

At the end god speaks to him and its really impressively written. Even if you don't believe in god or anything like that you can still appreciate Job its probably the most philosophically interesting and well written book in the bible.

Ecclesiasties and Jona (thats probably spelled wrong but you know who i mean, the guy who gets eaten by the big fish) are also pretty interesting OT books even for a non religious person I think.

My copy of the Bible doesn't have Jonah in it for some reason.

Genesis
Revelations
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Job
Gospel
Joshua

Weird. Its a good story. Not so much for the fish part, for the ending.

>Revelation at #2

>The answer you get is also one that's bound to disappoint people, at least until they think about it a little

Please elaborate

This means war.

Why hold on to a pagan-corrupted text when you can have the direct word of God? The hadiths of the apostles and of the prophets before them cannot be said to be Divine. They were written by Man, not recited by God.

God is singular. There can be no trilateral God, and there should be no praising of anyone other than God (not Jesus, not Mary, not the Saints, not the Apostles, not the Pope.)

God basically tells him who are you to question me?

There's more too it than that and its very beautifully written but he pretty much puts job in his place. He's nicer than the other men with job at least, they at times insist that job is suffering cause he must have done something wrong, god doesn't tell him he's a bad person or anything like that but he pretty much does tell him that he doesn't owe job any explanations and job has no right to demand anything from him.

I think no matter what you believe in we all eventually come face to face with the apparent indifference of the universe but it really doesn't owe you anything. In a way I think that's kind of what the book is about.

This was allot more interesting than the fedora infested thread about Jesus and the fig tree

This thread and the christfags in here need to take that dumbass constantine and go back to Veeky Forums where they belong.

It's somewhat absurd, and funny. It's about dealing with loss and is about hope.

I'm really into history and politics, especially with that ancient mythical flare added in. Which books of the Bible are would fit this?

Douay-Rheims the best

Joshua-Esther

I like the parts of the Quran where Mohammad sees the Sun go under the Earth in a mud pit or something

Why?

>not ranking the prophets at the top

pleb

Book of John

youtube.com/watch?v=JamX2CqUFWg

spooky, triggers the imagination, literally the end of history, peddled by american evangelicals etc etc

no meaning in suffering, shit just happens

Absolute worst part of the Bible:
>Anything that Paul wrote

why? curious