ITT: post your stack and other anons rate it

How'd I do Veeky Forums?

>stack of books
>The Doors
The CD booklet doesn't count, m8

17 year old, why can't you plebs have some originality, fuck. You might as well be buying YA cause you'll never go beyond what you have.

What defines a 'stack'?

i remember my first year of college

Sword And The Stone is amazing, make sure to read the whole Once And Future King

>not reading all that shit in HS
pleb for life

i was too busy playing video games and getting friend zoned by girls i had a crush on

what, you want a fuckin medal?

Yes pls

This is my summer list.
Be very pleased to give V and Paradise Lost another go, the rest are totally new to me.

Could anyone who's read The Savage Detectives let me know what I'm in for? I was just looking for something decent set in South America.

is there some extra content with that copy of Dune? it looks huge.

Yeah, it has an appendix at the end of it.

Primitive.

Going places.

Why do you guys have so many books in your stacks? I just shelve everything I buy immediately and then choose what to read next when the time comes.

I don't have enough room for all that shelving. At this point I just pile 'em up beside my bed and put the ones I've read and the valuable ones in my bookshelves.

do you consume le drugs

yes

No.

No stack.

Just this.

I remember thinking of Wolfe as a kind of doorway into psychedelic and beat culture and being wholly underwhelmed and bored out of my skull by his writing. Seriously, it's like that idiot abroad series without the humour or self-awareness. Joan Didion is infinitely more self-aware and in-tune with, if apart, from the counter-culture movement. Read Wolfe, if you must, but consult Didion.

>Seriously, it's like that idiot abroad series without the humour or self-awareness

As funny of a stereotype as this image is, I still love the Doors and Kerouac

TSD is one of the best books I've ever read.
Go for it.

I'm never buying fiction again after getting a Paperwhite.

>those tiny stacks

laughinggirls.jpg

so desperate

hoping to read all these by the time school starts back up. The second one from the bottom is Camus

The Master and Margarita is fun as fuck. Read that one first, user.

Rate

I've got two stacks, one is just my next few books I plan on reading, the other is all my unread books.

Stack 1

Stack 2

Yevgeny Zamyatin - Wuz

why do almost all you fags suck at taking pictures

You seem pretty into Rome

"Starting with the greeks" took over my life last year and I still haven't been able to get off that wild ride.

The Savage Detectives is easily the greatest work to come out of Latin America in the past twenty five years.

dont worry friendo. ur gonna have a great time :)))

I enjoyed Wolfe because of how interesting the story of Ken Kesey was to me

I mean there is a fucking part where he runs away from the mexican police catching a train getting shot at

His writing did kind of diminish what happened at some parts though

I'm sorta there too, I'm becoming kinda fascinated with just how much Greek and Roman culture has shaped the modern world, and just how advanced they were as a people. They did plenty of stupid stuff, but it's way easier to identify that as someone living thousands of years after.

Yeah exactly. Their histories and cultures are surprisingly relatable and humbling; it's hard to feel superior to the past when you discover that you think and feel exactly as people did 2000+ years ago.

And as someone who hated history and accordingly had no experience with it until Veeky Forums memed me into the Greeks, I think they're great for practicing how to read nonfiction. If you're in a similar boat, check out Polybius for a cool narrative on the Punic wars, and a lot of instruction on reading/writing history.

PS what are you reading now/which time period are you in?

Currently, I've just got the Iliad and Odyssey lined up in terms of reading. But I've been studying art history and world history, and I'm just going over the Greeks /Romans. Stuff like their architecture and election system are just really amazing considering how damn long ago it was.

I would recommend you Summerson's The Classical Language of Architecture if you've not read it yet. It's astonishing to see how much their architecture influenced so many different styles. from the medieval to this day.

Blew through los savages memes, loved every moment

omg

László Krasznahorkai - Kangz

i have a bookshelf

you just dont ~get~ stacks bro

thanks for showing us your unread books

Bookshelves are for finished books. If you put unread books on your bookshelf, you are a liar.

>Only having a small stack of books

>Not a bookshelf filled with hundreds of titles

Fuck me, did you just start reading last month?

Stack =/= shelf

They are different things.

it's part of the stacks A E S T H E T I C

Semantics aside he's still clearly right about you being new to reading. Lurk more and make fewer posts about your "stack".

I'm not OP, and I'll post about whatever I want.

The sixties are over OP. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

My mainstay.

Only if to you, a bookshelf's number one purpose is to make a statement to people who look at it. But that's not what they actually do. They're meant to hold all kinds of books, including the ones you're planning on reading next, or soon.

And a recent one. Already through the Adorno Lectures and just about to hit the Transcendental Dialectic.

>Not reading your books more than once.

You fuckers make me sick.

>not grasping everything in a single reading

Nigga I aint got time for that shit. How the hell am I gonna finish the entire western canon if I'm re-reading Gatsby once a month?

Superhuman claim, there.

Why not just throw the book away then? Why keep it?

Autists often claim to be superhuman.

Because I blindly hope that one day some girl will see my bookshelf and it will get me laid

>He thinks the average woman is concerned with anything other than Vampire masturbatory aid love fanfiction.

there is no book you can read that will convince girls to fuck you

at least, not that alone.

This. Women are purely base creatures. They give zero shits outside of wealth and physical appearance.

You guys know some pretty boring women, also what did they do to you that made you so upset?

>Butthurt vamp lit loving landwhale detected.

There is absolutely no way it will take you that long.

Do you read very slowly?

i think there's some read books on there, they're just at the bottom of the shelf

Rate positively anons

Nothing there worth spending time on, user.

there's maybe 3 books on there i havent read. at least half of them i've read more than once.

I buy my books used, because of their rarity or for the low price, and use my shelves to stock them, because some are meant to other people than me. I often exchange or loan books too. Did you ever go to a small used book store ? I want that, but private.

Why? What about it did you enjoy?

What should I read next? already read Lolita and The Body Artist

>Rate positively
I positively wouldn't read any of that

Maybe.

Books/10

Agreed.

>Intrigued by this exchange so I look up the synopsis

>Literally le atheists r evil: the book

I'm disappointed.

i don't know

You going to grow up to write some great tv series on fx.

anyone here liked the tin drum?

infidel/10

>How'd I do Veeky Forums?
Insecure/10.

Prepare to be soo disappointed by Neuromancer. That is the biggest joke ever played on readers ever. I am not convinced that anyone likes that book as much as the internet suggests people do.

dr. carter is this you? do you post on Veeky Forums? lol

So what's a stack? The immediate to-read books? A bunch of books you're leafing through all at once? Mixture of the two?

For god's sake take the sticker off before it ruins the book.

Nice. Enjoy it. Most enjoyable books I've read.

Also, to the thread, if you just buy hardcovers, nobody can falsely accuse you of not reading the books even after bending rather than cracking.

>the doors
>hemingway
>kerouac
>electric kool-aid acid test
>HST
literally me 15 years ago

Don't worry, it says it has nine lives.

at least you were friends with real girls. normie.

Jeez, your chat must be great.
Rate.

Kek