ITT: Places you used to love but aren't around anymore

Pic related had the GOAT chicken and biscuits. Used to be all over my hometown and one by one they all closed.

>Places you used to love
Ur mums cunny, sorry.

When I was younger these tasted much better but those sweet tallow flavors aren't around anymore :(

Shonies

Shonies was fucking garbo, you don't remember it being good you just remember it.

Did you just move/the one near you close? There's still one in the town I was born.

I haven't been there since I was pretty young, but, I remember getting breakfast buffet there once every 3 months or so. I liked it then (elementary school), but I haven't had any breakfast buffet since.

The original Jack in the Box restaurants and the old time A&Ws.

I'm an old fucker. I'm talking about the 1970s.

Ever since I found out that "missus" or "miss'ris" was a corruption of a different word I can't help but read that as "Mistress Winner's."

here

>the old time A&Ws
This and Dog and Suds. One gallon of keg root beer to go, hit the liquor store on the way home, party!

I know technically Hardee's still exists back east, but it's not the same since they merged with Carls Jr. This place used to have the best fried chicken and 24 hour breakfast you could get from a fast food joint. These days it's just over priced burgers and curly fries.

Quizno's is superior to Subway in every way and yet they have all shut down near me in the last 10 years. Anyone still have them?

I remember when they served chicken sticks when I was a kid. Those were godly.

Two words.
Free.
Breadsticks.

This, in California.

Hah. We had a Po Folks in Virginia about 30+ years ago. It wasn't there very long. Only went there once when I was a kid

Yummy hush puppies and lemonade are all I remember as a kid from yeah, probably 30 years ago.
Fuck, I'm old.

Agreed. Old bastards

Flangan's
I loved their tendies

we still have these in the Piedmont

but not these

I also miss A&Ws

I know where this is

there is one that is legitimately a 5 minute drive from me but i've never been to it.

CAME HERE TO SAY DOG AND SUDS, MY DUDE

the only one anywhere near me shut down with no explanation a couple of years ago
literally that week they had a now hiring sign in the window,then that saturday the windows were boarded up and the place had been abandoned

We have a few Po Folks here in GA

South Carolina?

>Places you used to love but aren't around anymore

We used to eat at Sweden House every Sunday, as they had this huge roast beef that they'd carve slices off and my dad loved the place.

As a little kid, I liked the cafeteria style service, where I could pick what I wanted and load up on mashed potatoes and jello.

No more

>Bill Knapp's
>Burger Chef
>RAX burgers
>Duff's Smörgåsbord
>Friendly's

Why live?

Used to work at Hardee's when I was a teenager. Cleaning the chicken breading station at night was a fucking horror show. But the fried chicken I put out was equal to or better than any KFC. I put love into that goddamn chicken.

Your hard work has hopefully rewarded you in life.

>Friendly's
But user, Friendly's is garbage.

>live in apartment for 4 years
>moved in when I as really fucking depressed
>place literally 100 ft away called Pizza Grill
>ordered pizza and sandwiches from them because I never had the option to where I lived
>it's like a step above dominoes but really cheap and pretty good
>order from them close to a hundred times over the course of 4 years
>eat 85% of their menu including sandwiches, calzones, salads, Indian food and most of their appetizers
>can't stand them after a binge when I ran out of food
>left the apartment and miss them now :(

They weren't anything super special but they were cheap and fast and would always cheer me up when I felt like a piece of shit. they had like, 90 items too

There's an A&W where I'm moving to in myrtle point, Oregon. Small town though.

>A&W
Do not eat there, trust me.

You did god's work, user. I actually liked that chicken better than KFC. I can't say that modern Hardee's/Carls Jr. isn't pretty good for fastfood. But it's not the same at all.

Bit off topic but I'm gonna post it anyway. Theres this falafel place that has the best falafel, like miles ahead of anywhere else in the area. It's cheap and delicious as fuck so I go there pretty often but the staff are so useless.

For a start they only take cash (very rare where I live) and always seem to be running out of change which slows down service a lot. Could be avoided if they just got a fucking card reader but there's probably some sketchy financial practices going on which I think is why they don't.

At this point I've pretty much given up ordering extra stuff to add onto my wrap because they always forget every damn time. This is because the lady who runs the place is retarded as fuck, she writes the order down without the extras (thinks she'll remember when she makes it) but then ends up giving the ticket to the other worker anyway.

I've also seen her (the owner lady) drop someones wrap on the ground and then just straight up give it to the customer who just saw everything (It was wrapped up in paper and stuff by this point but still)

Something is pretty much guaranteed to fuck up every time I go there but I can't stop myself because it's sooo gooooooooodddd

I really miss Happy Eater

No play areas next to motorways any more. No badges for finishing your egg and chips.

Northern Los Angeles' Chi Chi's Italian chain still exists at least. Best pizza, pasta and anti pasto salad around.

Holy shit that looks like the one in my town

Morristown?

Atlanta