Is this board proof that reading/having interest in reading only turns you into an insufferable cunt?

Is this board proof that reading/having interest in reading only turns you into an insufferable cunt?

On what board are people not insufferable cunts? I promise you that if you think there's a board that isn't full of assholes it's because you share the majority opinion on the hot meme topics there.

Are you saying it's better to be illiterate?

No, however this website is proof that insufferable cunts are just insufferable cunts despite their board of choice.

no1 can tell that you are "illiterate" irl you fucking idiot

no1 even reads book for pleasure anymore

I don't mean that they literally can't read, rather, they don't for the good reasons. Don't take everything you read literally.

For reasons, sorry.

kys

>reading for pleasure

this board is by far the worst in that it thinks it's good but it isn't. complete lack of self-awareness

hey, at least I admitted my mistake and corrected it, unlike you.

*Hey

This. It's very annoying because there are very few other places where you can just talk about 'books' in general. Dedicated book sites are too compartmentalized.

"no"

kys

probably

No one on here reads OP, they just shitpost about books.

A careful distinction needs to be made between those who actually like to read and those who want to appear as readers to appear smart.

This board comprises both kinds, and the latter are more vocal.

I want crossboarders to go and stay go.

people smarter than you tend to come off as cunts.

Just came from Veeky Forums and god fucking dammit please don't say that, I came here to escape to an actual intelligent board, not another Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums at least has verifiable degrees of knowledge. Literature is a free for all where the most intelligent asshole on the board propbably reads Tao Lin or John Green or some other fraud.

I suggest you go back to Veeky Forums. Here, it's too hard to tell the learned from the 14.

Have you literally been on any other Veeky Forums board?

Every board is regurgitated ideas written condescendingly and shit memes and assholery being repeated ad infinitum with small intermissions of insightful posts which is the second reason most people are here second to shitposting

Um...that describes Veeky Forums

/x/ isnt. The topics of nope and innawoods stories have more Veeky Forums than actual Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums doesn't take itself nearly as serious as Veeky Forums. no IQ or uni jerkoff threads.

It memes much, much harder, but it's not like Veeky Forums has good discussion anyway

Yeah, he said every board.

i never understood the ego that is painfully obvious around reading novels

like... almost everyone you know can read; it's just not that special