Did cyberpunk become obsolete because it, unlike biopunk...

Did cyberpunk become obsolete because it, unlike biopunk, failed to recognize that Cartesian dualism got proven false by analytical philosophy?

i likke memes

I bet this was really impressive in your head, OP.

that ass is fat

This, t b h.

I'd be embarrassed for myself if I posted something that pseudo intellectual.

cyberpunk became obsolete because tube televisions and magnetic tape based storage systems became obsolete sooner than predicted.

also the internet turned into a massive depository of shitposts instead of a virtual utopia governed by a.i. philosopher kings

How nigger can you be to call cartesian dualism pseudo intellectual

Dualism is true.

Are there any cyberpunk authors that anticipated shitposting? Or shitposting a presidential candidate into the White House?

Cyberpunk became obsolete because it came true. We're living in a cyberpunk world right now. No point writing about a cyberpunk future when you're living in a cyberpunk present.

where is all the cool shit and tech?

We're about to have VR, AI, and nuclear fusion. That's plenty of cool tech. The internet itself is hugely cyberpunk in nature.

>VR
is shit i tested it.
>AI
where?
>nuclear fusion
Cool.

The Cybergypsies by Indra Sinha features an early 90s shitposter named Jesus Slutfucker.

"where is all the cool shit and tech?", he posts on the internet, the single greatest achievement of mankind.

>where?

Sometimes I forget that the uneducated masses have no idea what AI is, or about how immeasurably difficult it is, or about how much progress we've made recently.

>Cartesian dualism got proven false by analytical philosophy?
>this is what analytics actually believe

I really loved "Blood Music".

What are some other great Biopunk books Veeky Forums?

Veeky Forums is the epitome of cyberpunk

internet is older than cyberpunk

cyberpunk is true if you buy into futurology kool aid

stick that usb up your dick

>*edits Sokal wikipedia entry*

Try Windup Girl and Joe Ledger saga for shits and giggles

what is a smart phone?

Even in 1984 when Neuromancer was released, the internet was just BARELY available for commercial use, and it was so incredibly primitive compared to what we have now that you can almost not even call it the same thing.

Only someone who has absolutely zero understanding of technology can say such idiotic things.

Youve become jaded due to video games and movies about robotic eyeballs and disk drives in your cock.

USENET at that time was basically Veeky Forums for smart people. Not much has changed, really.

>not much has changed

Are you fucking serious? You really think that the internet hasn't changed in 30 years? You really think that, living in a world where 1gbps internet is available, where every device you own somehow connects to the internet, where you can stream video at high definition flawlessly? The entire fucking architecture of the internet has changed so radically in those 30 years, how the fuck can you sit here and act like some kind of expert when all you are is a consumer of .00000000001% of the internet?

People still spend a good portion of time typing text to each other. It's not all that different.

I think he means the way it works not how you use it.

internet was the same from the start unless you're a fucking retard regarding internet 2.0 as a meaningful innovation

I wish I could end my life just to escape this horrible world of intentional ignorance and anti-intellectualism. It pains me to speak with lower life forms that think themselves human.

Youre also still pretty wrong.

ugh

Both have changed radically. One idiot who only knows how to use facebook and Veeky Forums doesn't change that.

The internet is more than what exists in your browser you fucking mouth breathing ape.

I like you, show them whos boss.

the technology is still the same, after all wireless itself is basically a 19th century tech.

Wrong. Next.

>living in a world where 1gbps internet is available
Your problem is thinking that anyone should give a shit when the US average is 12.6 mbs.

This autistic curmudgeon is amusing.

Are you going to cry, fedora tard?

It's basically the same thing it's always been.

john c wright really is a great example of what makes so many nerds insufferable

but the golden age trilogy is fucking perfect

heh........be careful.......what you wish for......kid *unsheathes katana*

fucking lol, like it would ever be achievable to explain the subjective complexity of the human existence with physical observation and empiricism, analytical philosophy is just as clueless as any other objective research into subjectivity.

analytical philosophy managed to prove something for the whole time of its existence?

Boyo, Cartesian Dualism got proven false by Spinoza.
If not Spinoza, Kant.

if not by kant, by apostle paul :3

Not familiar with Christianity to be honest, care to elaborate?

people shared text electronically in the 19th century

I mean, whats the difference between sending someone a message via an app on a smartphone and throwing a rock near someone to get their attention. It's basically the same tech.

Don't know. I suppose its a genre that's difficult to imagine the future in. Also, it had a 'coolness' to it that quickly became dated and uncool. Is it really dead though?

dunno a CPR game that's called Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out soon so maybe it will kick a Veeky Forums revival for the genre who knows