Do US libarts colleges give good financial aid?

Do US libarts colleges give good financial aid?

I just took a sample GRE and it was the easiest test ive ever done in my life and im considering applying to some of the meme places in the northeast, not American so it imagine it would be extremely expensive if I didnt have huge aid

Any particular places that would accept a high scoring poorfag as an international applicant? Would obviously have to not be undergrad exclusive

I get ~$2750 a semester at a NY community college.

I don't think financial aid is given to international students at any university in North America.

What country are you from?

The UK

If you're not American, how do you hope to get aid?

You are literally exempt from all aid.

Like someone else said, I think you're out of luck as an international. International kids are either rich or have scholarships from their home government.

If you were American the answer would be yes, the top colleges offer outstanding aid and I chuckle and stroke myself when I see salty state school cucks and foreigners talking about student debt.

There aren't any good liberal arts schools in England?

Thats pretty gay, oh well

We dont even have liberal arts schools in England, just all round universities

How can you get a good score on the GRE but you can't even realize that aid, as a policy, couldn't possibly extend the world over?

Is this a case where you can pass a test but you have so little "street smarts" that you can't even realize how stupid a policy that would be?

Smarts come in all kinds of bags, but I guess yours is small.

I think youre overestimating the GRE here

Post your GRE score. The full thing. Not just I'm awesome.

If you are paying for graduate school in America, you are not qualified to go. You are expected to do work study. This counts for international students as well. You won't get a Pell Grant, for example, but the school should fund you.

That's why your country doesn't suck.

I don't know for sure but I don't think the anons here are fully correct. There is no reason why private universities couldn't extend their aid packages to international students.

No school worth going to uses the GRE as anything more than a sanity check. Getting a perfect GRE doesn't get you into anything other than the "look at applications" pile

is 93rd percentile on the verbal any good? That's what I got, keep in mind I didn't even study or prepare for it at all.

I go to Davidson for free and know a lot of other people who do too. Finances there are really polarizing, a lot of rich southern/new englanders and then a lot of people on full rides. Not sure about Internationals, all my friends are loaded beyond belief who are international, plenty of scholarships in the UK if you care enough.

GRE is for Grad school. A lot of LACs don't offer graduate studies, and if so no financial aid. Hell, most US citizens won't receive aid for school after undergraduate. Funded PhD programs will be tuition free, but you'll have to sacrifice labor and you need more than a score to get into one.

Plenty of prestigious graduate programs use the GRE. Perhaps you're mistaking it with the God?

*GED rather

As an aside: what does lit think of Norm MacDonald?

This. For undergrad you take either the SAT or ACT. That's a bit more difficult than the GRE since it's solid memorization, GRE is much more intuitive.

They all require it because the universities themselves require it. The departments actually making admissions decisions generally don't care about it unless you did poorly.

Maybe you're thinking of the subject tests, which actually do matter. OP is referring to the GRE general, which is extremely easy -- part of the reason it doesn't matter.

I don't.

So its possible?

My transcript during UK undergrad is almost entirely A's thus far, I guess I might as well apply to a whole bunch and see if any of them offer a stipend

It might be too much of a hassle considering there are perfectly good unis in the UK, but I read 'The Secret History' and started looking at pictures of the Vermont countryside

You can visit Vermont. Living there long term sucks. Just endless trees, mountains and the occasional cow for miles on end. I think you should figure out what field you want to study first and foremost. Liberal arts is a broad term. Then figure out which programs you want to target. A lot of PhD programs are located in universities only, not the middle of nowhere LAC.

The SAT nowadays really isn't much memorization at all. Some math, sure, but the reading and writing are all intuition and the math is so easy there's not much to remember.

It's actually the opposite. Neither are hard, but the SAT has no memorization. The GRE has predictable vocabulary that people who care about the verbal section memorize.