Is a fast casual based around mozzarella sticks a good idea?

Is a fast casual based around mozzarella sticks a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queijo_coalho
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Would there be other cheeses or just mozzarella? Maybe an entire restaurant based around finger foods.

>Americans fry tiny mozzarella sticks
"Disgusting, no wonder you're all so fat"

>Greeks fry enormous wedges of Halloumi
"Ah, healthy frats and protein, truly the pinnacle of the healthy Mediterranean diet!"

protip: Americans aren't eating Mozzarella.

mama mia!

Shut the fuck up.
Sounds like an awful idea, OP

>italianman2.jpg
>Pic is clearly of a Pakistani.
Utter retard.

>Kahlid Sheik Mohammed is Italian.

Looks like an average Italian to me, just after enjoying some pizza Margaretha authentico! *kisses fingers*

t. upset amerilard

What are some good cheeses to fry up on a skillet?

looks amazing.

Now deepfry the halloumi and you have the American version.

Fatass.

In a fast casual place you're looking for a crowd that wants to think they're eating something a step up from fast food. How could you convince anyone your mozzarella sticks are any better than what comes out of the deep fryer at the sports bar down the street? Then they're the fact they're more of an appetizer or a side dish than something people make a meal out of. So why you make them the focus of a fast casual restaurant? Doesn't make any sense.

Actually, we consume more mozzarella than any other cheese in this country.

yeah but it isn't MOHTS-AY-RAAAAAY-LUH

Is there a good way to make those classic zarell sticks at home?

Those statistics are based on what the product is sold as, not what it actually is. Protip: if you can grate it, it's not mozzarella. Another protip: if it's orange, it's not cheddar.

All cheese produced in the USA is objectively fucking shit.
No exceptions.

That's because you're a non passport owning, inbred, flyover fuck.

Americans thinking they are eating mozzarella. I haven't laughed this hard in years. Thank you, thank you so much.

t. Dirt-Eating Algerian living in France

Oh look, another thread where people outside of America try to tell us how bad our food is.

Worst food I have ever had was in England. I can guess it's just as bad everywhere else.

>"It's a dry variant of Mozzarella, so it's not REAL mozzarella!"
Autism.

>"It's not cheddar if it's orange!"
Except it is if a spice such as annatto is added. Cheddar is either off-white or orange.
Seriously, can you check on the autism? Like we get it you're trying to appear smart, but you're actually not by pretending you know things about cheese.

Oh, come on. America doesn't give a fuck about naming conventions. We call low moisture mozzarella "mozzarella" just like we call California wines "Burgundy" and "Chablis" and sell American Kobe beef. It's the food equivalent of Chinese knock off toys, because we have as much respect for food naming conventions as Chinese manufacturers have for intellectual property.

tl;dr Most of the mozzarella we eat would not be recognizable as mozzarella in other parts of the world.

You realise dry mozzarella isn't actually mozzarella right? Outside of america there's no such thing as "dry mozzarella". Same with orange cheddar, I've never seen it outside of America.

>Outside of america there's no such thing as "dry mozzarella".
This isn't true. American style pizza exists outside of America, even if they low moisture cheese topping it isn't explicitly referred to as mozzarella. The difference is that in America we play so fast and loose with food names that we just call it mozzarella.

You should see the dish half the country calls goulash.

Which is exactly my point. Mozzarella is listed as the most eaten cheese in America because of "dry mozzarella" being used so much on pizza. If you looked at how popular real mozzarella was in America, you'd find it was much, much lower in the list.

Fresh mozz is still incredibly popular here.

this desu you can find it at most even slightly higher end grocery stores

You are correct. It's like saying Burgundy wine is popular in America.
Fresh mozzarella is only popular in more upscale restaurants/shops usually located in a region where Italian immigrants landed during the 20th Century. That leaves a pretty large chunk of the country that doesn't know there's a distinction between Italian and Italian American food, and the closest they've come to either is the Olive Garden or Papa John's. In places like that you aren't going to find "fresh" mozzarella.

>if it's orange, it's not cheddar.

Read a book.

To be fair there's a lot of orange quasi-cheddar sold as American cheese.

I'm not those anons, but dude.. Do you seriously think that:
>a pretty large chunk of the country that doesn't know there's a distinction between Italian and Italian American food
That's just silly.

'Dumb Amerifat' is such a fucking meme, and extremely played out at that. Literally everyone in the US knows that shitty Olive Garden isn't real Italian, the only people who actually think that are fucking autistic, and every country has autists. For example, people who think you can't get fresh mozzarella in the US. Literally any half way decent grocery or deli, mate.

Butthurt that Italians have always been borderline beaners. Just replace fucking spaghetti sauce with salsa and OH LOOK same fucking people.

I found it shocking as well, but I really think it's true. Any reasonably wealthy American who lives near a major city knows the difference between Italian and Italian American. But even in port cities where Italian immigrants arrived the distinction has traditionally been blurred. Until the later half of the 20th Century even in NYC "Italian" meant an American take on Southern Italian and Sicilian cooking.

But think about most of the country. Geographically it's not places where Ital;ian immigrants landed. And most of the population is middle class. When the middle class goes out to eat it's most often at chain restaurants. Because in many of these places there aren't many other options unless you're pretty wealthy. The only Italian chains we have are Italian American, and pretty loosely that at best.

So for a middle class American who lives in a place without anyone of Italian heritage where would they encounter anything to suggest the Italian restaurant they go it isn't actually serving Italian food? If they didn't spend a lot of time watching the Food Network (which shies away from internationally focused material these days) they'd have no reason to suspect there's a difference. It wouldn't even occur to them.

I have met these people. I've seen them post on this board, ffs.

And it's funny that this even comes up when talking about the fresh mozzarella you can find in an American supermarket, which is nearly always of the Italian American cow's milk variety.

It's ok, OP, I'll take your bait instead of engaging in another "americans pretend to be euros to upset dumbshits" thread.

A fast casual restaurant wouldn't really work. If malls still existed, you'd want to set up shop there. Now that we live in Trump's america, your best bet would be a food truck that frequents festivals and fairs. In any case, you will eventually fail or completely change products, because when reality sets in and you start cutting corners, your cheese sticks will quickly be reduced to hollow bullshit, as they have at every eaterie that came before you.

>nu-males come rushing to the aid of old world mexico

Shouldn't you be nursing your wife's son? Those hormone shots weren't cheap.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queijo_coalho

AUTENTICO