Bookshelves general

Post 'em, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

maebrussell.com/Articles and Notes/How To Mark A Book.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rate me

eric, simply eric.

0/10 because Ben Stiller

Just finishing freshman year, so I'll finally get to read Invisible Man. I can't wait!

is that redwall my negro

Are you attempting to finish writing the pale king?

>accounting
How do you even have the will to live?

>accounting
Alright, where's the rope? Or are you going to fashion one out of all the books you've read?

>using bookshelves

Check out these hotshot billionaires.

This is my childhood bookcase. Anything worth reading?

Unfortunately, David Foster Wallace has a much better handle on writing interesting things than I do, so it would be poor fan fiction if I tried to finish his work for him.

I like accounting, guys! My dad was an accountant. Every day when he got home, he would tell me about his work. All of these things about how companies work, and stories from places he audited. I found it fascinating, and now I'm going for an accounting degree. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?
Besides, someone has to do it, right?

Another idea; Think of Camus' "The Myth of Sisyphus". Pushing a boulder up a hill for it to roll back down forever may be monotonous, painful, and pointless, but as human beings, we can decide how we choose to feel about things. You need not despair. We can feel joy if we WANT to!
"One must imagine Sisyphus happy."

Pic related is my school! NY is fun.

Everything that you would expect is worth reading.
The Scarlet Letter
Brave New World
Sherlock Holmes
Tortilla Flat
The Pearl
The Great Escape
Anything by Heinlein (I prefer Strangers in a Strange Land)
Silmarillion
In Cold Blood
Forget "The Third Man" book; watch the film instead, it's a really good film noir.

Dude, besides the manga, the books you have are all pretty well known for being great reads. Don't let Veeky Forums discourage you from reading because your books aren't obscure enough for them. You have good taste, even if it's mainstream. As long as you're reading, I'm happy.

What do you use to hold your books, may I ask? Do you pile them in a stack on the floor? I thought about doing that, because it looks cool, but then my books would get all dusty!

YEAH MAN IT'S A BOOOOOOOOOKSHELF THREAD WANNA SEE WHAT Veeky Forums IS COOKING IN THEIR BRAINSSSSSSSS

I'm a bit worried that you may buy books more for their looks than an interest in reading them. You should read more!

What's wrong? I don't get it. Did he do something bad?

I'm getting into accounting myself. I've been working at a small firm for the past 4 months. I really like it, and it's interesting work imo.

I went into it with no intentions, but now I might go for my CPA designation since I already have an undergrad. I even bought a used accounting textbook I've been working through.

I always had the misconception that it is boring work, and while it can be tedious if you can see the bigger picture it's really neat.

I know, it's a joke. Thanks for the reassurance though.

I've seen this shelf in three threads in the past two days. Nobody cares about your doorstop collection. Go read them.

Do you have the 150 hours? If not, I wholeheartedly recommend taking difficult accounting or taxation graduate courses, and not underwater basketweaving courses just to get the hours. You'll learn a lot more about the profession, and work towards a CPA! Two birds and one stone.

none of those books have been read

>Marijuana Botany
DUDE

Mostly entry level books, only started reading this year. Left side has been read, right side unread/recent purchases.

Nice pace, what's been your favorite book so far?

Kokoro and No Longer Human.

garbage

high school-tier

small but respectable. this is what everyone else in this thread's bookshelves would look like if they threw out or gave away all the titles that need to be thrown out or given away.

wow look at this patrician here

>don dellilo
>dfw
>pynchon

garbage AND high school-tier

Shelf 1/3

Be gentle Veeky Forums it's my first bookcase

Shelf 2/3

Shelf 3/3

>physical
Why is Veeky Forums populated by so many ludites?

nice meme shelf. two infinite jests and a tao lin.

pic related is my only book, i sleep on a friend's couch.

>using my own adjectives against me
you literally could not make it more clear that you're more interested in retaliating against what I said about others than my actual books.
I've always hated DFW but I keep him in there anyway. Pyncho and Delill are godlike, we both know this. There are far better points of criticism you could bring up (see who hit the nail right on the head here), but as soon as you wheel out those memes, you show your bluff.

Interesting. I'm kind of into it.

This. Unless all you read is non-fiction there's not a single reason to not buy a Paperwhite and read all your books there. The experience is far superior: the minimal weight, storage, variety of dictionaries, option to read in the dark etc. But there are always retards with the:
>muh aesthetics
>muh smell of the book
>muh feeling
Suck a dick.

>no book smell

disgusting

All that Greek but no Mythology. It's a gyro without the tzatziki.

Just read Hesiod

You're supposed to write/draw in your books

maebrussell.com/Articles and Notes/How To Mark A Book.html

Respectable.

I like that compass bookend. Old compasses are nice things.

Here it is

Sorry for the flip

>doing away with tangible items

What a sad future. Why own physical media when you can just download it to your brain? Why own a car when you have digital mind displacement? Why have a human girlfriend when you can simply have one built?

ugly asf tbqhwy

weird tastes too, u a wizard or smth?

You can't be that dumb, just think about what you've said.

There's no point in knowledge once it becomes effortless to consume.

It takes effort to read an e-book. Stop trolling, please.

might as well read shitposts on Veeky Forums

I AM A DARK WIZARD

I already had a decent collection of books before e-readers became popular/cheap, so at this point I just prefer to grow my library. That's not to say I'm against e-readers though I do own a paperwhite and read a lot with it, I just happen to prefer real books.

Also digital content tempts me to pirate far too much and I find that lately pirated content seems to give me very little enjoyment.

What's that book of skulls?

>accounting

May as well quit Veeky Forums now because you're well on your way to getting a degree in being a boring pleb.

Are you trying to be ironic in criticizing others while having a dogshit shelf, or are you just retarded?

>kierkegaard anthology instead of individual works
>2 copies of infinite jest
>picture book dictionary

lol

>Re-Animator and Dead Man on DVD

would chill with tbqh my man

loads of manga and a big book about hitler
this is what i imagine the book collections of 90% of Veeky Forums users to be like

You are a joke to me.

Needs more LOOMIS

Are you studying nuclear physics or something?

What is this - Autism, the post?

>The Martian

just graduated actually
no, i just don't like to read pretentious trash in an effort to sound more intelligent to people i don't care about
havnt read it, just heard it was decent so i have it in case i want to

>Bernanos
That's pretty rarely seen there.
Really nice.

>he actually spent the 30+ minutes screenshotting this shit instead of just taking a picture of his bookshelf

>implying i keep everything together
>implying i have room for a bookshelf in my shitty uni apt.
i did snap a photo of some of my books tho

>Veeky Forums - literature
>posts a bunch of science textbooks from a meme major and The Martian

Dude I fucking love science

>Dude I fucking love science
dont lump me in with those faggots. i never really had time to read during uni. i got like 120 pages into blood meridian before i had to stop, same story with book of the new sun

also
>meme major

It gets better from the left to the right

Oh man, I first I thought you were some cool person who taught themself Nuclear Engineering.

too many paperbacks/10

These are most of my non-comic books that are on shelves.

>starting strength
ayy lmao

Who the fuck are you trying to fool with that shelf?

You seem like a jack of all trades kind of guy when it comes to hobbies and skills. That's cool.

>Who the fuck are you trying to fool with that shelf?
you

Does all that physics give you better insight into how the world works day to day? I remember when I finished my high school physics class I kept seeing fucking arrows and triangles and shit everywhere

idk, but i win a lot of arguments and bets because of it

too many untouched books/10

If you're careful you can remove the books without completely removing the protective plastic. I've read all four of those REH books.

Books aren't sacred, user.

>tfw you have 200 western classics bound in leather and sitting on your bookshelf

Come straight from Better Than Food, eh? Pathetic.

spoken like a true philistine

inb4 you need to get organiz-ized
inb4 fuck you library book thief
inb4 your modern political books are garbage

forgot photo shit

nice invisible books bro

>those stolen library books

Party van incoming

Nice man! I have the Conan volumes as well, but missing the Kane. It's damned hard to get a hold of, unless you want to pay through the nose, which I don't.

Lol.
Where do you shop for books? Memes R'Us?

Pt1