I really love yolky eggs but im afraid of getting food poisoning again...

i really love yolky eggs but im afraid of getting food poisoning again. the last time i had it i was pretty sure i was going to die (sick for 3+ days).

is there a metric you can use to ensure the egg isn't going to fuck ur shit up or am i doomed to eating pretty much soft boiled eggs if i want to be sure i wont get sick?

additionally; what are your pro tips for making poached eggs?

let your body die

One in about 20,000 eggs contains salmonella and that's only really an issue if you have a fucked immune system or it was handled improperly. Have fun

To put this to perspective: if you ate 2 eggs every day, it would take 19 years before the cumulative odds of at least one of those eggs being contaminated with salmonella were above 50%. Even then, you would still not necessarily get sick from a contaminated egg.

per the CDC, there is a 22% chance of getting food poisoning from undercooked eggs. Just cook them all the way and your good to go OP.

>Not eating hardboiled egg with caviar

Niggaz, I have lupus and take immunosuppressants, which basically means I give myself AIDS so the lupus doesn't kill me.
AND I just went through chemofuckingtherapy recently to treat bladder cancer. My immune system is thoroughly fucked so if anyone should be avoiding undercooked eggs, it's me. And I fucking don't because I'm not a goddamn faggot.

In a first world country, the likelihood of dying from food poisoning, even when your immune system is as fucked as mine has become, is practically zero. You know how many people died of food poisoning in the US last year? 3000. That's it. That's 0.001% chance. So just eat the fucking egg and stop being an assfucked pansy about it.

I used to hate eggs but now I eat them occasionally when they're in potato salad or breakfast sandwiches. How can I start getting into eating them more often, are omelettes hard to start with?

Scrambled eggs, fried eggs, soft-boiled eggs are all super easy to make.

what manga is this?

>In a first world country, the likelihood of dying from food poisoning, even when your immune system is as fucked as mine has become, is practically zero.
Not really true. The issue is that you die from the complication of the food poisoning, and so that's what is reported on death reports, like septicemia. Your own death rate, as someone who is immuno-suppressed for contracting salmonella is something like 20-30%. Horrible odds. Death aside, there are long term health effects from living through some of the choices of food poisoning.

I'll believe what the CDC tells me over some fuckstick from Veeky Forums, thanks.

people have been eating food of questionable sterility for hundreds of centuries.

live a little.

Saturn Apartments

the mangaka also has a more recent series about dietician robots but it's not translated yet

How high and how long must the egg be exposed to heat? Isn't sunny side up enough?

I literally drink 3 raw eggs, toast one english muffin with chunky peanut butter and eat one fat apple every morning.

Op....youre a pussy

bullshit. With a 1 in 5 chance of food poisoning you would be very sick quickly.

Except that's bullshit and you're a hypochondriac faggot.

I exclusively have my yolks runny and have had raw eggs mixed into meals at the last second before and never gotten ill.

If you're not an idiot with food safety and you cook the whites through then you'll be fine.

Thanks user, this looks neat

Couldn't doing something like Hollandaise Sauce allow for a properly cooked but still deliciously runny egg yolk?

Like take a carton of eggs, separate them, then double boil the yolks while monitoring their temperature.

Where are you getting those absurd numbers from?

Hope You get better user

Also whoever eats hard boiled eggs is a confirmed cockmuncher

You can eat raw eggs, make sure none of the white is translucent when cooking to be safe

whoever eats soft boiled eggs is a confirmed cockmuncher

Buy your eggs free range and fresh and you'll be fine.

I've been buying free range all my life. The only time I've had problems with eggs is when I'm working with cage/farm/battery eggs.
Also, I typically use my eggs within a week of buying them.

Buy pasteurized eggs if you're scared.

>I have lupus

Yeah you need to watch what you eat man

This is what you should do

take it a step further
raise your own chickens
legit delicious eggs every morning

Buy pasteurized eggs.

>ready to die for his eggs
you must really like those little fuckers, I hope you survive

Death from complications is included in the mortality rate.

>Live in the city
>Friend's parents own a food warehouse, get hook-up on really cheap raw eggs
>Eat 8 dozen or so eggs between two people over 2 weeks (Which isn't even that much)
Still shocked eating a shit ton of unpasteurized eggs we got from some shady Chinese folks didn't make anyone sick

you dont get better from lupus

If you sous-vide your eggs at a lower temperature you can still have them be creamy without chalky innards. Same is true of any other food as well, provided it's not gigantic like a roast or something.