Name a book that seriously affected the way you perceive things now, also mention what those things are

name a book that seriously affected the way you perceive things now, also mention what those things are

the Bell Curve
;)

really shit data collection and analysis when you dig into it

The International Jew - Henry Ford Sr.

Book title explains the thing

Every book I read affects the way I perceive things because I don't read books that don't speak to the human condition or contribute to a total philosophical anthropology because I'm not a woman

well dipshit could you name one then

it's still correct

The Hammer of Proof and the Glass of Atheism by Adnan Ebraheem
Made me an atheist
The Ego and Its Own by Max Stirner
Made me realize free will doesn't exist
Das Kapital by Karl Marx
Made embrace Marxism

Marcus Aurelius, Meditations.

The world.

>das kapital
kill yourself

lol

Nice

>yukio mishima's sun and steel
very edgy which attracted my teenage self, made me get into weight lifting and reading in general
>friedrich schiller's on the aesthetic education of man
shaped most of my ideas on aesthetics
>carl schmitt's the crisis of parliamentary democracy
got me into political theory
>georges sorel by larry portis and sorel's reflections on violence
made me think about what a generalised revolutionary consciousness is and how it can develop
>thorstein veblen's the theory of business enterprise
shaped most of my views on economics

i've been wanting to widen my horizons (kek) for a while now regarding anything and everything, but i am honestly pretty idiotic and tend to miss symbolism and poetic input easily

benedict anderson's books seem like a good start and relatively easy-to-read, how should i proceed from here

Reading The Catcher in the Rye in high school made me realize how shallow some people who I thought were a bit intuitive really were. They couldn't really look at Holden beyond "Wow he calls everyone phony and dropped out of prestigious school, what a spoiled asshole!", and the theme of alienation seemed to go over their heads and they must have just assumed that the book was some generic young adult teenager adventure novel

Any and every terence mckenna book. I started them thinking that mushrooms evolved alongside hominids beings to decondition the ape ego and teach us to make decisions with less self-emphasis.
I ended them thinking that hippies are mostly retarded and any legitimate science can be and very frequently is twisted in favor of any number of religious, philosophical, and metaphysical assumptions and there will be someone out there to gobble it up because people's wishfully thinking they have to the answers is so much more powerful than their desire to actually find said answers that we've long since distracted ourselves the more unsettling truth that nobody has any idea what's going on.

>doesnt exist
kill yourself

it would be an act of free will :^)

Kill my what?

why do you write İbrahim as Ebraheem? I am really curious why you needed to alter his name like that

kek

A canticle for Leibowitz
I look at physical media in a completely different way now.
And how they might be really important after a breakdown of civilization.

Crime and Punishment at around 23 or so. Before that I had only read epic fantasy stuff and some science-fiction. C&P was the first classical novel I read on my own since I had left school.
Showed me that there is way more in literature than just entertainment and adventures. The book pretty much sparked my serious interest in literature.