Hey Veeky Forums. Friendly neighborhood pizza delivery driver here...

Hey Veeky Forums. Friendly neighborhood pizza delivery driver here, happily bringing you grease discs at any hour of the night.

Anyone else here that delivers pizza or other food in general? I want to ask you all something. Why don't black people tip? It's become glaringly obvious to me that they just don't fucking do it. I would say easily 90% of the Black customers I deliver to do not tip me, and the rest that do usually tip very little relative to the bill and distance from the store. Much lower than whites or Latinos.

Why is this? I wasn't racist starting this job, but the longer I do it the more I hate black people. I'm getting paid less money per hour to bring their lazy asses food and they can't throw me a few dollars? It can't be because I'm white, because there are black drivers that work for us that also get stiffed by black people. And it's not my demeanor, because I always deliver every pizza with a genuine smile and ask them how their day was.

Also ask me anything I guess.

(No we do not spit in or otherwise fuck with food of known non tippers.)

why don't you have a different job

Because inner city blacks, on the whole, are terrible people.

Carry a gun. Pizza delivery driver has a surprisingly high mortality rate.

for the same reason i don't tip. because i know that our country has laws that state you cannot make less than minimum wage, and if you do the math and you are making less than minimum wage with tips included into your check, then you can confront the company you work for and they are forced to reimburse you. educate yourself you fucking poor loser and get a real job

tldr if everyone in the world stopped tipping the entire system would be obsolete in a week.

does it help if I tip in cash vs credit card? I usually pay w/ card, write 0 on receipt, and tip cash.

Stupid. The myriad of factors of when societal change is applied has more repercussions than your simplified world-view. The fact that you haven't thought of them on both consumer and server side, let alone business, and the psychology of necessary sticker shock show how elementary your take on the concept is. This is without going into the moral implications either for or against tipping.

Your and idiot.

Depends on if they report it to the government for tax purposes, so in the majority of cases cash is tax-free.

I work two jobs. I'm a bank teller for 20 hours of the week and I deliver pizza for 30 hours of the week. Usually 3 nights a week I will pull a 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. shift between both jobs.

I actually don't live in the city. I live in a medium-sized Suburban town that is less than 100000 in population

You are just an asshole. The only thing you're doing is hurting the delivery driver, Corporate America will never change regardless of how many people do this, and if if people like me went and got real jobs like you expect then you have to get off your lazy ass and get your own damn pizza. It's a service buddy, you are too lazy to get the pizza yourself so someone else is doing it for you. Do your part.

I'm not sure what system every place uses but at the one where I work it doesn't matter. We get paid out in cash at the end of our shift for all credit card tips. Don't be afraid to ask your driver which they prefer, they will usually tell you

Like I said above I cannot comment on every single pizza place but where I work we are only required to claim enough tips that we hit minimum wage so the company doesn't have to pay us.

You're in the wrong place. I did chinese food for a few months and pizza for a few months in different states, and I didn't have that problem. Black people tipped the same as white people; varied. I did however have a big problem with college kids. Little to no tip, keep me waiting outside their place for ten fucking minutes, and/or other fuckery. REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh yeah, and people with kids. Chances are if you lack the care necessary to fucking cook for your own children, you also don't give a fuck about tipping the driver.

In my experience blacks feign ignorance at the fact that drivers do not make even minimum wage

Fuck you and your tip. Why is there a delivery charge?

Fucking this. I understand why tipping delivery drivers is a thing, but where do they get off slapping on that retarded delivery charge.

>Tipping
>Ever
Seems like the blacks you meet are well adjusted negro gentlemen by the sounds of it.

I don't want to be fucking asked how my day was by some cunt pizza driver. I am so glad I don't live in a country where tipping is customary (ie mandatory).

Why the fuck should I do my part in paying your wage when I'm not an employer? Every other employee in the world is doing a service for someone too, there is no good reason for your special status.

>delivery doesn't cost extra
Seriously? I get that tipping should be outright illegal, but fuel/the delivery guy's time isn't exactly free you know?

I was a driver for 2 years in a major city.
Stereotypically the worst tippers are women. Why is that? Well most women aren't paying for their food. They don't have to feel the stigma of not tipping because they are just answering the door. If not young, they are either a soccer mom who is so into couponing that they consider tipping as a loss, or they are hispanic and don't speak good English and don't (or pretend to) understand the idea of tipping

Black people were the same as college kids, most would tip the change, or a dollar or two. Rarely nothing, and every now and then a real tip. But pizza sucks, and eventually you realize everyone doesn't tip.

Is the driver employed by the customer? Is the Employer or the customer offering the service?

The point was you should have delivery fee or tip. Both is a piss-take

The delivery guy should be already compensated for the time spent on the job by his fucking employer. That's how it works in all other fields