Tfw too dumb for complex, difficult books

>tfw too dumb for complex, difficult books

Self-pitying, self-loathing Veeky Forums thread. Also, what are you reading or about to read?

>tfw get sweaty and nervous everytime i look at poetry

I want to like poetry, i think i do like poetry, i have multiple poetry books, but god is it hard, I'm going to buy some more entry level poets like kipling so i can work my way up.

I'd love to write poetry one day but without a doubt if you aren't trying to mirror the greats you'll end up looking like shit.

I came here to ask anons what order I should read the works of the Cthulhu Mythos.

It will be my very first supernatual kind of reading so I dont want to miss the good ones.

Train your self to be able to handle gradually more deep and complex ideas

I have no idea how to get into the Romantics honestly. Outside of Keats I don't like any of them, and their descriptions with lush imagery and Greek gods don't impact me at all.

>too dumb for serious complex lit
>too snobby to enjoy pleb lit

This. Basically reading is just like anal sex.

>difficult books
example?

Literally start with the lowest of the low YA fiction to eventually finnegans wake, and after every book write an essay afterwards about it.

Just do slam poetry.

I am a powerful reader and I can read really hard books I have an IQ measured at 240 and I can throw a fastball at 637m/ph. Reading fancy books is a very difficult skill and only I can do it in my class at school because everyone is dumb but me. People think science and maths is smart or hard but it's bullshit. Ever heard of social commentary or self-improvement? Postulating opinions about very deep topics like the meaning of life or parapsychology? That is what being smart is. You need to memorise the biggest words. I am always the best at things and everyone makes fun of me out of shear jealousy and not because they have anything over me.

What?

they are not complex, their authors are just fucking overcompensating retards

there is no such thing as a difficult book they're all easy I'm smarter than you

Slam "poetry" is not poetry.

Start with something easy, like Poe?

the keys to good fiction and good satire are plausibility.

the key to good posting is readability.

your post contains none of these things.

Same here. I learnt everything there is by reading the shitposts. Now I'm doing my doctoral studies in philosophy and I have never attended a single lecture and I'm considered the best student.

>want to read the classics
>can't focus on the book at all and am hardly interested in it

This user hit 99% of Veeky Forums

Ficciones/most books in general.

I'm too stupid to follow what the fuck is happening or what the subtext is saying in Ficciones. Was Tlön just a thought experiment? What the fuck does the Lottery of Babylon even mean?

I could pretty much only understand The Circular Ruins because it was the simplest/most straightforward

Like god damn I'm dumb