I know this is a weird request, but I need someone who is the smart version of Russell Brand...

I know this is a weird request, but I need someone who is the smart version of Russell Brand, while also being the Russell Brand of literature.

Basically, what I want is someone who can keep that engaged, passionate, funny, lighthearted tone (like youtube.com/watch?v=3YR4CseY9pk) but on the written word, and who is also not a retard.

It can be about politics, but it doesn't have to. I'd actually prefer fiction.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/ElectricUnicycleCrew
youtube.com/watch?v=hsIpQ7YguGE
youtube.com/channel/UCGwVAD9f7_yt6paR10giKEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slavoj ʒiʒɛk maybe.

I'm writer. Ask anything.

No offense, but I don't think you're intelligent enough for literature.

I'd stick to youtube, if I were you.

I guess Karl Marx

Fuck no you retard

Nietzsche.

well err Russell Brand has written two books
one of my friends who is a university lecturer actually likes them. i guess like the proverb says there's no accounting for taste

this

I don't know of any authors who are as "funny" and "passionate" as Brand but less retarded. Honestly if you think he's funny you probably think everything is funny. If you're more interested in the people that Russell misrepresented/stole from/"was influenced by", a good place to start would be Noam Chomsky, George Orwell and Karl Marx, because most of his political opinion falls squarely in line with those three people & I'm convinced that those are the only three names he can actually remember. Or just stop looking for "the smart version of Russell Brand" in general because you're not going to find that.

Considering his entire ideology is retarded, you're going to have a hard time.

this isn't butterfly's trip

youtube.com/user/ElectricUnicycleCrew

BEADY

youtube.com/watch?v=hsIpQ7YguGE

Milton could be pretty funny at times, but any retard who likes Brand won't like Friedman

You're probably looking for someone else who is or was a comedian and has become more of a commentator really. Stewart Lee or Robert Newman or someone like that maybe. In fact Newman's book "The fountain at the centre of the world" is probably what you are looking for.

I love how this board has to force the names of the few pop-thinker writers they have heard of into every thread. Zizek? op asked for someone who can keep readers engaged

Fuck off back to /pol/ you fucknut

It's always difficult to avoid the second-hand embarrassment when I watch his videos. Like, damn, does he behave like this in real life?

What, do you have any objections?

You're graph's upside down babe

youtube.com/channel/UCGwVAD9f7_yt6paR10giKEg

Not like Russell Brand at all but shares similar overarching ideologies. Also Bruce Andrews, but Andrews is extremely educated and Fordham emeritus, so, take that how you will.

>being a Valley Villager

It's a new one. Somebody bothered to crack the old one.

Why do you think? Not funny or lighthearted enough?

>Robert Newman or someone like that maybe. In fact Newman's book "The fountain at the centre of the world" is probably what you are looking for.

Perfect suggestion. OP - this is what you want.

Seconding Stewart Lee

He can be a bit rough to get into but oh so worth it. I caught an episode of Comedy Vehicle and it cut to Chris Morris I was hooked

>bell end
Anglo pls leave

Mencken would fit the bill, he's often puerile but you said you like Russell Brand so I'm sure you won't notice.

Bertrand Russell

They're basically the same.

Underrated

>op asked for someone who can keep readers engaged
Ah, so you don't find him engaging. That's nice. It was just a suggestion

>You're probably looking for ... Stewart Lee or Robert Newman
Never heard of them.

>Never heard of them.

well that's the miracle of Veeky Forums. now you have the chance to expand your narrow worldview.