So, how many classes do all engineering classes share in common?

So, how many classes do all engineering classes share in common?

So, following that logic, how many engineering majors can I get (the degree paper) in 10 years of study?

Also, what engineering major is best for making electronics, plastic crap, electric bulbs and so on.

A lot more than you think

>2 years of history, english, and lit classes
>gen ed bio, chem, and phys
>math through at least DiffEqs

Really just the last half of your junior year and senior year, or 36 or so credit hours are your engineering specialty.

This is true. I know a guy who switched from Chem E to Biomedical Systems E at the end of his junior year and is still graduating on time w/o too much effort.

Google is your friend mate, learn to use it.

Multiple degrees are overrated, specilzation is where it's at, you'd waste 10 years to be able to do a job that needs 3 people anyway, and you'd end up like a full blown retard next to the EE or MechE who used these 10 years to go beyond peasant level, further and further more into the depth of his fieldm specialzation is where it's at.

I would appreciate some user autism.

you need multiple shit if you want to innovate and not simply be the average PHD faggot who work at the company solving the idea guy ideas.

Keep telling yourself that, look at the market, the innovarters are people deep in their fields, using other people deep in their field respective field, your just too stupid or too young to realize the sheer knowledge difference between someone who specialized and someone who wasted his years spreading his knowldge, wide as an ocean deep as a puddle.

You're better off finding other people who specialized in their respective field and combining your knowledge than trying to be an all in one jackass. You don't seem to understand how insermountable your knowledge as an undergrad is compared to someone specialized for another 6 years (be it in the academy or the industry).

>be an ideas guy and hire PHD to make your designs
>vs be a simple PHD worker
>not wanting to be the idea guy

>So, how many classes do all engineering classes share in common?

Chem 1-2
Physics 1-3
Calculus 1-3
Linear Algebra
ODEs and PDEs
Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics*
Thermodynamics†*
Circuits and Electronic†
Mechanics of Materials and Material Science†*
Matlab/C/C++ Programming
Numerical Methods†
Probability and Statistics
Economics
English 101

*: EE/CpE might be excepted
†: might be individualized

>math through at least DiffEqs

so like 4 baby math classes

WEW

W
E
W

engs drop out of math right when it starts to get gud

no engineer takes 300-400 level math unless they do a math minor

no engineer does pdes

CompE here, we do get pde they just dont get a whole course, as we use it as a specific tools for specific problems, most engineering classes dedicate it's first few weeks for the math that is going to be used, which is usually more complex than the actual classes we took.

In my university we had to solve ODEs in mechanics a semester before we took the actual class, and calc related methods months before they were introduced in the math class.

Engineering classes are a mess, and the whole point is to min/max the number of courses needed to understand a concept or solve a problem, so if a pde class can be skipped and achieve a similiar results, it will be skipped and it should as it makes space for another course that is more useful for an engineer.

OP here.

It seems my best shot is double majoring in electric and electronic with some mecatronic courses with a bit of material engineering courses.

Do anyone with some experience on this or something similar?

Having the mental capability for this isn't a real problem, I'm smart enough for double engineering major.

I learnt PDE's in my second year of my Mech Eng degree...

Eng and Sci at my uni have to take applied stats which is a 400 level math class.

Do mathfags actually think they can do everything an engineer can do just because the strict math classes they take are more difficult? Great, you know some more difficult math than an engineer uses, doesn't mean you have an intuitive understanding of engineering concepts or how to apply them. Engineering is hard and rigorous in other areas.

Q: how many holes do all engineering students share?

A: all of them.

>This is what specialized fags believe

Mechatronics is where it's at.
I can do any job a CE, EE, or ME can do.

You're the goddamn moron.
Try running a business without learning about finance, accounting, etc and whatever field your company is focused on.

You're going to crash hard AND get gyped by your employees.

pls reply this (I'm OP):

get phd in finance
get phd in accounting
get phd in etc
get phd in company field

now business master?
who crashes hard, who is gypsy now?

specialization is for insects,
but knowing superficial bullshit about everything is a waste of your time and leads to business failure

Enjoy your meme degree.

>I can do any job a CE, EE or ME
Nope.jpg

I'm not saying to get a phd all those fields.
But if you don't spend the time to learn things outside of your specialization, the best you'll ever become is a project manager.

>no engineer takes 300-400 level math unless they do a math minor
Explain the "levels" in maths to a non-American please

Don't bother asking. Anyone who refers to these levels by numbers is a retard, since different (American) schools have different numbering systems.

For what purpose would you want to get so many masters? Impress the girls? Specialization is probably better. Get really good in depth knowledge of something practically useful and make sure you have ways to show practical useful applications of your knowledge.

There was one or two who double mastered when I studied, but it was usually one economic degree coupled with one technological degree, to broaden their competence for management-related jobs to both be able to talk to and work with business and engineering type of employees.

name one area in engineering that's more rigorous than mathematics or physics. i'll wait.

Pretty sure most have pretty similar since I know what he means.
I don't think I've seen a US school yet that doesn't have a similar numbering system.
Does yours not?
Generally it refers to the approximate year taken/difficulty, but you don't have to take them in any sort of order. It's more like a suggestion based on prereqs.
At my old school:
100 is intro classes for freshmen
200 are basic classes for sophmores
300 are for juniors
and 400 are for seniors.
Then grad school it gets weird
500s are early grad school
600s are late grad school and thesis
and iirc 700s are for online grad school.

Chemical enigneering at my university has pre-req chains starting from the first semester so you have to study for a minimum of 4 years.

>I think most are pretty similar since mine was the same system
My old school was 000 level for first two years, 100 level for second two years, and 200 level for graduate.

My current school is 100 level for outside majors, 200 level for first and second years, no 300 level (technically one segue class) 400 level for third and fourth years (and some masters), and 500 level for grads.

I've seen other very different systems as well.