No joke. I work as a YA librarian but never read YA books...

No joke. I work as a YA librarian but never read YA books. Recommend me something that isn'y dystopia bullshit or shit geared towards teen girls. No manga shit either.
I'm a male.

PS shut the fuck up in the library
Help

Anne of Green Gables

>YA librarian
What the fuck

Get some short story collections by Paul Jennings, an Australian author. Very fun stories, I'd recommend Unreal to start with

YA librarian? What? Why wouldn't you just be a normal librarian without a specialization you pleb?

well
a normal librarian deals with some old hags and adult men
a ya librarian deals with a lot of cute girls...

That's just how we get hired here. They interview you, then just put you somewhere as either an adult, childrens, or ya librarian.
Money isn't too bad. But i never read ya...seems so dull. 99% is dystopia or some female relationship crap.

Thank you

>Cute girls.
>Reading.

I part-timed at the library, all you get are uggos, the occasional whales in a DnD session and poor-as-fuck older women renting Spongebob DVDs to keep their kids quiet.

Well we deal with everyone but im just in charge of the ya area and teen volunteers.

Teen cuties?

Meh. Not really. Mostly get tweens here. The volunteers here are older but i can't perv on girls who volunteer. It's weird. Plus i'm fug and they can care less.

But there is a little college age hottie about 20 who flirts with me. That's more my thing than some teen who can't wipe her ass right.

You ready to slip that 20 y/o a bit more than another shitty YA book?

Of course.

Them legs are nice and a 10/10 cutie pie.

Fuck my life that I can't have it tho..cause bitch would know where i worked. Lol

Taitor's Blade, which is the first of The Greatcoats. Damn good swordfighting scenes and a great story.

Thank you.

Will check it out.

if you rate somebody as 10/10 it almost always means either your standards are poor or that you are in love... usually the former

Yeah we had some moments. Had a whole few days when i kept thinking about her.

But...the next time i had to blow her off to help out someone. Need to do work first.

Game of Thrones.

Do you have a library sciences degree or anything like that?

The Catcher in the Rye? Or does that go under dystopia bullshit?

It's exactly the YA bullshit

Yup

Skulduggery was fun.

La rivière à l'envers 1
La rivière à l'envers 2

By Jean-Claude Mourlevat. Find a translation, this shit is excellent.

How was it getting the degree? Where did you go to school?

Librarians are useless.

The few times I bothered to consult a librarian, they had no clue about any of it and I had to look it up on-line, anyway.

Nobody expects you to have read any YA (nor anything else for that matter). You're just a high-paid book shelver.