What does Veeky Forums think of the banana cream pie me and my sister made?

What does Veeky Forums think of the banana cream pie me and my sister made?

>creampie with your sister
>thisIsMyFetish.jpg

I like to bake a chocolate chip cookie crust for my banana cream pie. Really turns it up a notch.

>whipped cream from a can
2/10

How do you know it's not one of those ISI whipped cream dealies where you can put whatever you want in it, and a nitrous oxide cartridge?

Are you under the impression that the only way to get that piped cream look is to get some fake wisconsin fake dairy products?

Or are you just saying that whipped cream has to be whipped with a fork, using wrist power only, and spooned onto the pie, and any other method is inauthentic?

It isn't the piping that gives it away. It's the sheen. The shiny texture and specular lighting effect is indicative of carageenan and/or cellulose gum being used to stabalize the mixture. If this was a home made whipped cream there is virtually 0% chance that op would have added any of these ingredients.

You'd know this if you had ever even had real whipped cream, but i'll clue you in. Real whipped cream has a flatter more matte texture. The shine is more diffuse.

I dunno what country you live in but suparmarket heavy whipping cream, the kind in a carton, almost always has carageenan here in the US. The only way around this is to buy from some little hipster boutique dairy.

It has fuck all to do with whether it came pre-canned, and everything to do with USA #1 (if you disagree with me you are a member of ISIS and have literally never even set foot here)

Id eat you, your sister, and that pie.

>ignores comments about cellulose gum

By your reading comprehension, you must be one of those flyover americans...

Looks good my man

I currently live in the northeast, but I've lived in every part of the US except the south, and everything I said is true

You were wrong from the first post, just move on

>cellulose gum is in all heavy cream in the US

That's wrong though.

Just admit it flyover, you've never had real whipped cream and you thought all whipped cream was shiny like that.

>heCantTellTheDifference.png

Canned whipped cream/10.
Real cream is not bright white.

Again, I would ask what is "real whipped cream"

What makes it "real"?

You've already proven your ignorance about the existence of ISI chargers. What other quixotic notions of whipped cream do you have?

I may be mistaken, but I think there may be about a 15% chance that the topping is actually boxed mashed potatoes.

Just awful looking.

Nitrous whipped cream is not naturally bright white and shiny like the other guy said.
t. apprentice baker

I never said anything about chargers. I said that Ops whipped cream clearly came out of a can and has cellulose gum included - due to sheen.

You are the one that got upset and started talking about chargers.

Even whipped cream that comes out of a proper charger - with no cellulose gum added - has a more flat shine like "real" whipped cream.

The shit that comes out of the can isn't as thick and creamy as whipped cream beat by hand from heavy cream.

When you finally encounter "real" whipped cream for the first time its gonna fuckin blow your mind.

You can let it sit out on the counter for hours and it doesn't melt and break like cum juices.

>What makes it "real"?

wow.. you this upset that you lost the argument? You're going to devolve into asking stupid questions? That's sad bro.

Listen carefully, because I am about to go to bed, and I want you to be able to sleep tonight too... There is no need to be upset. No tears, only dreams now.

>boxed mashed potatoes

Nah, it would be more grainy looking. That's can cream.

It needs to be made by a bearded barista that wears a beanie half drooping off his head with vegan cream and it has to be whipped with a cat-o-nine tails

>Again, I would ask what is "real whipped cream"

#rekt

Fucking nazi pie

Sure it is. t. Guy who worked as a barista in high school
Of course you didn't, because you didn't know they existed. I don't own a charger at home, but I've used them a lot. The texture in op pic comes from shaking it too much. It has nothing to do with carageenan.
>When you finally encounter "real"
Again, I don't know what you mean by "real", it seems like some kind of voodoo thing that exists only in your head. I usually whip cream at home using a wire wisk. Is that "real" enough or do I need to use a KitchenAid™ Stand™Mixer™ in YouTube™ Approved™ colors, or else it's not "real"?
Well, I used to be that bearded barista, and it pretty much looked like op pic when we shook the bottle too much

Did you wear a beanie that drooped off the back of your head?

>flyover
>NY, NY
#REKT
Anyway, Wegmans store brand heavy cream doesn't list any additives.

I honestly don't remember. I owned a beanie, so it's not out of the question, but I don't think I would have worn it to work.

>whipped cream from a can
>too much whipped cream
>banana cream too yellow
>crust 1/8th of an inch too thin
>plate is poorly garnished
>you have a sister
-2/10.
Remove yourself from the timeline.

Ok man.. calm it down. You've convinced everyone. Flyover op, and his redneck sister, OBVIOUSLY used an expensive nitrous charger and therefore it qualifies by your definition (which is the only one that matters) as real™ whipped cream.

There is no way that this redneck, janky ass looking pie, would have ever been topped with walmart sourced reddiwhip. I mean.. its not even in the realm of possibility - obviously.

Yeah I never said it is impossible to obtain heavy cream without carageenan or similar additives, but by and large, your average store-bought heavy cream has it

The trick to getting a good texture with ISI charger whipped cream is just not to overshake it

But it doesn't look like "real authentic ho-made" whipped cream, so if that's a big deal I guess make it in a bowl and create quenelles by hand for extra "realness"

>expensive
They're like 30 bucks, what are you on about? Shops use them because if you use a lot of whipped cream it's pointless to fuck around with quenelles and shit when you can just invert the bottle and press a lever

>mfw I knew you wouldn't be able to let this go

OP, your whipped cream should look like pic rel.

If it looks shiny like that, it's because it came out of a can and will be a fucking disgusting let down.

Didn't you say you were going to bed? Go to bed. It's almost 3.

>those lumps
It's fucking whipped cream not butter, STOP already

People like you are why ISI cartridges are preferred when making whipped cream on a large scale

>Shops use them

And that makes sense because op works in a pie shop.. with his sister.

>All this whipped creme autism ITT
KYS fags, just use cool whip.

I just kind of assumed it was a euphemism for incest

I mean who doesn't make cream pies with his sister? It's perfectly natural and nice

>>those lumps

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BALLS

You've literally never seen whipped cream before?

What a fucking loser.

>35 posts
>10 posters
hmmmmmmmm

>muh real whipped cream
That's butter

Pay more attention in the future so you don't ruin your food

>quenelles
>quenelles

This is what you should strive for BTW

Nobody wants butter on their pie, that's gross

I suppose you also think this is scrambled eggs?

>I have never made whipped cream correctly before

See
Live and learn

>soft peak meringue.jpg

MYSIDES

What a fucking idiot.

It's very clearly not meringue

Have you ever beaten egg whites? Evidently not

Go back to your tendies thread

Jesus.. I didn't even realize you could make butter from egg whites.

This could be a great healthy alternative.

>but by and large, your average store-bought heavy cream has it

No store bought creams have cellulose gum or cellulose gel added. It is specifically added by canned whip companies to stabilize the whipped cream so it doesn't break as quickly as it would otherwise, and to make the product shinier - which appeals to fly over americans that think whipped cream is supposed to be shiny because they've never had actual mechanically whipped whip cream which has a matte texture when done correctly.

The nitrous charge on an ISI charger is inferior and doesn't produce the same creamy texture and it also won't hold up as long at room temp and will break.. which is why it has to be stabilized with shiny products. In restaurants they do this by adding agar agar or gelatine to their chargers. You can't just put in heavy cream and get out a stable product.

Anyone suggesting otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

The moron barista in this thread might have done this to top some drinks, but i guarantee that whip dissolved into the drink in about 3 minutes and was never "stable" to begin with. If you mechanically whip cream, you can ice a cake with it.

Whole discussion is retarded anyway because Op obviously used bengay hemroid cream.

Wait.. there's a tendies thread?!

>No store bought creams have cellulose gum or cellulose gel added. It is specifically added by canned whip companies to stabilize the whipped cream so it doesn't break as quickly as it would otherwise
Do you have a different idea of what "canned" means or are you just wrong again about everything, as usual?

You're really not doing very well here.

Oh look, wrong again

>He doesn't know the difference between carrageenan and cellulose gum

The depths of your mental handicap continue to astonish me. I stopped talking about carrageenan about 400 posts ago. Try to keep up.

One more to kick you while you're down, and I'm going to bed

Enjoy being wrong, must be so comforting and familiar to you

Is that crest pro whitening?

>he literally thinks cellulose gum is the same as carrageenan
>all milk has cellulose gum, check out these labels
>none of them have cellulose gum

You need to get some rest brotatochip

>. The shiny texture and specular lighting effect is indicative of carageenan and/or cellulose gum being used to stabalize the mixture.
This is a quote from you, by the way.
>All milk has carrageenan in it in America though
>LOL IT'S ACTUALLY ONLY CELLULOSE GUM THAT DOES IT

Its not my fault you don't understand English.

Carrageenan is used widely in the dairy industry to keep milk products from separating. Its the reason you don't have to shake white milks. Without it the fat would rise to the top.

Cellulose gum is used in canned whip to stabilize the whipped product. Because carrageenan was in the cream before it was canned, whip is stabilized by both products.

I'm just telling you why canned whip is shiny man. Its not my fault you didn't get it. I haven't changed a word I said. Its not a moving target. You just aren't good at being smart. Dont worry about it.

When I say canned whip has cellulose gum and you post cartons with carrageenan... Exactly what did you think you were proving?

I mean... Look... You're gonna come out of this looking retarded no matter what. You can't tell the difference between aerosol whip and butter and meringue for fuck sake.

You might as well claim you were trolling the whole time so we can all have a good laugh.

I like your passion bro and you're probably right but you're wasting your time.

>No store bought creams have cellulose gum or cellulose gel added.

This is literally the text that was quoted by you while you were posting carrageenan pics.

>Its not my fault you don't understand English.
>He doesn't understand what and/or means
Holy fuck you really are pants on head retarded.

I like how you changed your argument and went on that long rant. Stupidity like yours is the engine that keeps this place humming.

Jesus this cooking board is intense

Do any of you actually work in a kitchen? The one I work in uses a whipped cream stabilizer. Eventually the air deflates and you get this weird semi fluffed cream. Y'all need to shut the fuck up tho. This argument is pointless.

I'd like to thank whip cream man for his efforts. This thread has been a wild descent into the depths of autism and with he at the helm.

Thanks bud

Do you make banana pie filling like any other fruit pie filling?

Join us tomorrow for a thread on which chicken nugget shape is superior.

Nah it was basically some homemade vanilla pudding on top of some bananas and then baked for a little bit. Also OP here the whip cream came out of a can. Pie was pretty good, though i didn't use any whip cream on it.

Boot is best shape

It's not really a "real" chicken nugget if it's not in one of these four shapes.

This

I'll creampie ur banana

naw senpai

i prefer my whipped cream to be very firm

Of course not... If it wasn't in one of those shapes youd just have fried chicken or a tendy or boneless wing or some such nonsense.

What does chick fil a call their fried chicken bits? I'm afraid its nuggets... But that shit is a lie. Those aren't real nuggets, they are fried pieces of chicken.

A "real nugget" should be pink slime, breaded and fried. CFA is way too high quality to qualify.

hey guys i just googled a picture for you so you can stop arguing ok?

>he doesn't have a co2 cream whipper

fucking plebzilla over here

Whipped bump.