Wisdom teeth surgery. Hurts a bit, what should I eat ? Mashed potatoes ? Can I eat oatmeal or it's too dangerous...

Wisdom teeth surgery. Hurts a bit, what should I eat ? Mashed potatoes ? Can I eat oatmeal or it's too dangerous? Milkshakes ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2sqkbM4Yu7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mashed potatoes and yogurt is what I did. All 4 at once?

>classic image.jpg being 14 years old and getting her wisdom teeth out

Things like; mashed potatoes, pudding, applesauce, and plenty of water. I would stay away from oatmeal since the oats could get caught in your sockets. Also, avoid straws the suction could dislodge your clots.

Juice veg and fruit with some protein powder

I survived on cottage cheese and pureed carrots/sweet potatoes.

Milkshakes are fine, just for the love of god do not use a straw.

melted mccafe drinks have enough calories to sustain you and a rich sweet taste that satisfies

overcooked mac and cheese is also able to be tongued to a mush

youtube.com/watch?v=2sqkbM4Yu7I

>be me
>knew I was gonna get wisdom teeth out
>go to BK and get 3 large frosties, put them in freezer
>get wisdom teeth out
>put frosties against face and slowly eat with spoon
>soothing
>start eating chicken noodle soup
>so bland
>put lots of ground black pepper in
>days pass eating soup like this
>time to flush out sockets where wisdom teeth used to be
>wtf
>stream of black pepper erupts from my mouth

looking back on my experience, I suggest a curry lentil soup without course ground black pepper

Your doctor didn't go over a list of foods you could eat?

If you can afford it: baby food. It's pretty good.

If you're on a budget borrow a hand held blender and blend whatever you want, potatoes, carrots, chicken, ...

You will need a high pot and a little technique or you will redecorate your kitchen in the process. Add a little fluid. Cream does not work after surgery, use broth or stock.

Enjoy the meds.

You have much hatred and vengeance in your heart. You may pass.

If you do have milkshakes or smoothies make sure to not use a straw

Just got mine out two weeks ago. On the first day, eat cold, soft foods like cold mashed potatoes or ice cream/milkshakes. The next day should be warm, soft foods (though I ate shrimp tacos the day after my surgery). Just take it easy.

>tfw I smoked my first day out of wisdom teeth surgery
I was such a stupid fuck back then

>fat cunt who cant handle a few days without eating

What is it with you amerilards?

What? You want me to starve or something? baka...

I never had to experience this, thankfully. Guy who took out my teeth said I could have a burger the same day if I wanted. So I did.

>tfw all of my teeth grew correctly

just get some nutrients in an intravenous type thing.
absolutely no risk of infecting or irritating wisdom area.

well aren't we special?

>europoors can't afford to eat every day.

whatever you do dont use a straw, it could pull your stitches right out. i recommend mashed potatoes and smoothies for a couple days

Be new breed homo sanctus without wisdom teeth.

How old are you? Wisdom teeth can still fuck you after coming out right.

My scars still hurt like the dickens whenever I smoke too much.

>27 years old
>Mine haven't grown out at all
>Not even sure if I have any

Go get an x-ray.

Cold liquid and semisolid foods
No soup unless you can deal with it cold

Mashed potatos, red beans from popeyes, soup, etc. Be prepared for your mouth to taste like rotting food in the morning if you dont directly clean the sockets at night. But wait for a few days before you start cleaning them so that you dont get dry socket

You might want to get them looked at. One day you'll wake up with all of your teeth loose and cracked. It's a shitty two weeks but it can be a lot worse

Mac and cheese is my recommendation. Just make sure the noodles are really soft, and you'll be fine. Also pudding. They make taking the pain meds not suck so hard.

Don't do this. Overcooked pasta is gross as fuck. Just make some pureed soup.

If its one side, just tilt your head and eat whatever you want. I was eating doritos when I had one taken out, just made sure I was chewing with one side only. I guess it also helped that my dentist didn't leave me with a bloody gum hole and stitched things up.

>I am so fat I must eat chips even if it might cause me physical discomfort or harm

mashed potatoes is what i survived on for like a week

oatmeal is OK just make sure you clean out the holes well

milkshakes are fine but don't drink them through straws. also depending on how recently you got them out or how bloody your mouth still is they will taste bloody, not exactly what you want a milkshake to taste like

i ate a burrito the second night

about to get mine removed, is the anesthetic worth it?

they knock you out hard and you come back feeling pretty normal... norco is meh too... its kinda fun being debilitated for a couple days

it's okay but if you've got a fear of dentists/cn't handle the sound/pressure of having a tooth yanked go for it

>they will taste bloody, not exactly what you want a milkshake to taste like

Says you.

Got mine removed about 3 weeks ago. Only ate soup for 3 days since I didn't want to move my mouth to much and just let it heal nicely. Also I got some sort of bandaid thing put on the wound that got removed at the check up a week later. At first I thought I tasted blood from the wound but it was that fucking thing that made me taste a mixture of death and medicine at all times. Was anoying as fuck because I always had that taste in your mouth, no matter what I did
Also:
>so many people list milk products
what the fuck? I was specifically told to not consume milk products for a few days since the bacteria can fuck with the wound in your mouth

>day before 18th birthday
>parents insurance runs out when I turn 18
>mom drags me all over town getting free doctor visits
>one of the stops is getting all of my wisdom teeth removed
>mom and dr make a huge fuss
>"omfg you'll be in so much pain, no solid food for weeks, blah blah"
>get put under, wake up with mouth full o' cotton
>no pain really, just hungry and want to get back to WoW (2004 it just released)
>mom cooks shitty mashed potato flakes, tell her I'll eat it later
>wait for her to leave, take cotton out, grill a burger
>expected pain, there was little (thanks opiates)
>ate normally every day that I was "healing" and got a free bottle of strong opiates
>WoW was mega chill for about 2 weeks

Everyone is different I know, but there's a 50/50 chance you won't have to suck food through a straw. Just chew carefully and take dem pills.

I swear by cream of wheat

i had some salt and vinegar miss vickies when i had my 4 done because pain don't hurt

When I had them taken out I just blended up soup and drank it being careful to avoid the removal sites. I was so fucked up on hydrocodone the whole time that I wasn't particularly picky about what I was eating.

I'm sure OP will thank you if he ends up with a dry socket or two. Which by that I mean he will curse you and your entire family.

You have them. The longer you wait the worse it will be when you do get them out. Unless you want to be like me and have to go to an oral surgeon and spend the next two weeks tasting snot every time you sneeze.

OP, your symptoms will vary. If they had to fight your jaw to get those suckers out, you could have more swelling than someone else, and longer recovery. You may or may not have stitches, and if you don't, there's like a hole that can collect food. If that's your situation, I'd stick to the actual liquid diet. If you can get one of those baby mL medicine syringes at the pharmacy, for giving cough syrup, you can make your own pressure washer to flush out the sockets while you have healing going on. I did when I ate a bunch of chopped peanuts, hahah. Stupid of me. I now know how dangerous a dry socket can be if it gets infection right into your bone. Serious danger.

Make some jello molds the day before. I like a lime jello with fine shredded carrot and pecans, or crushed pineapple. I love banana in strawberry jello. Thin sliced and chopped apple without peel can make a tropical jello yummy and sort of softens, as does the carrot. Think about adding some cottage cheese or vanilla ice cream to the mold, or marshmallows, like back in the 50s.
You can make a great pureed gazpacho (rather than a chunky one), and even soften bread in it to keep you fuller longer.

Make your mashed potato a casserole, with cheese on top, sour cream on top of that. Scrambled eggs on top of grits.

Frozen juice bars are soothing and good for inflammation. Quick to eat when you mosey into the kitchen. Think things like coconut milk, peach, mango being a bit more viscous and not as sweet or cloying. Mexican paletas. Sherbet can be a bit tart and kind of stingy when you first get home.

Having a selection of drink mixes might make you happy, as well as fizzy stuff like la croix water is nice and sterile for the first couple of days. Warm mexican atole drink mix is like warm pudding.

yes goy, you must pay to remove this problematic (((tooth))). that'll be $500 plus tip

>human biology is a le ebin jew internet maymay