What is the most important trait for you (i.e. what do you value the most)? Intelligence?

What is the most important trait for you (i.e. what do you value the most)? Intelligence?

Loyalty. Intelligence is third, after kindness too.

Why loyalty? Imo a person have to be loyal to his ideals (integrity) and no necessary to a person (because people are unpredictable and can do dumb shit).

I appreciate altruism, and authenticity more than anything these days. Too many people, in my experience, try to be smart because of this notion that intelligence is more important than anything else.

It is highly valuable, of course, but this pressure to be smart when you might not have the genetic capability to actually be smart probably causes a lot of grief to the average person.

EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE

agreed

You seem a little confused about this loyalty thing

Care to explain to me?

Because I don't believe there's a way to have things like trust, honesty, reliability, etc. in a relationship that doesn't have loyalty between both parties. Whether friendship or romantic. There's no way I could feel comfortable with that. So it's first for me.

Compassion

Kindness.

Virtue

Which virtue is the most important?

Integrity first and foremost, then empathy and intelligence. If you don't have integrity then you are simply a tool.

In myself I place the highest value on integrity, then kindness and thirdly intelligence. Humility is also important.

In other people I suppose the list is the same, except I would swap out intelligence for wit, since witty people are more fun to be with than simply intelligent ones. However, wit is a derivative of intelligence, so maybe not.

All of the moral qualities are important, but the striving for them is the most important. Mental virtue, I guess.
You know, how Aristotle says in the Nicomachean Ethics that it's not enough to commit virtuous actions, you have to actually want to be doing them. It doesn't matter if you don't cheat on your wife, if you think about it you are still a piece of shit and you will be until you purify yourself.

Same here brother. Intelligence is important, but it is not as important as the two above it.

altruism and authenticity don't mix well together

Arete : ^ )

which is retarded

Yeah, I agree with this post. Integrity, kindness, intelligence, then humility. Kindness and intelligence is sometimes interchangeable, because sometimes you need to be smart rather than kind.

spite, uppitiness, crooked teeth

aristocrat detected

Being clear and concise.

Abstract thinking. It's fun to talk about stuff like socialconstructivism and stuff, but many people have a hard time grasping it.

i.e. trying to talk to my grandmother about why I don't believe that the good/bad dichotomy even exists. I tried my best to explain it, but her response was always just "it's just wrong" when I mention murder as an example.

Self awareness

intelligent, nihilistic and a wicked sense of humour

utility, meaning the person's service towards me (and only me)

lol your grandma is fully spooked

This user got the right idea.

integrity

Voluntary egoist, my nigga