How do you compute an infinite series to prove it is equal to 0 ?

how do you compute an infinite series to prove it is equal to 0 ?

using clever trickery w/ manipulation of arabic symbols on a piece of paper

/thread

how did we manage to calculate trillions of riemann zeta function zeros with a piece of paper ?

bump

>trillions
That's not right

a shit ton

why don't you give us the series? it's going to depend on what you're doing
>arabic symbols on the operation that involves a very big greek symbol and probably mostly latin letters
are you manually infinitely adding numbers m8?

>using oriental black magic to arrive at forbidden knowledge

how did they compute the billions of non-trivial riemann zeta function series to find zeros ?

You can't.
You wanna show that the series of partial sums converges, possibly by one of the 10 convergence tests for series.

come on faggots

i want to know how mathematicians came to the conclusion that there are billions of nontrivial zeros verifying the riemann hypothesis

did they compute these infinite series by hand ?

maybe some clever programming language with focus on algebra and some algorythms, just like wolfram.

>by hand
Yes.

who did it ?

the methods are different for different series. i can tell you what are the 0s of the sum from k=0 to infinity of (-1)^k*x^(2k+1)/(2k+1)! but that argument isn't going to be any good for most other series

and you can be sure that what you're asking about involves some techniques that you aren't familiarized with

also, how come you didn't try to do any research on your own? it took me 3 minutes to use wikipedia to find a paper that describes the method. i'm not giving it to you because you're way too lazy

I did.

I did look up but only found a page mentioning an algorithm

still it doesn't explain how this algorithm works

Robert Paulson

BUDDY BOY

R/KETO

R/DEADLIFTING