Accidentally leave carton of eggs out on counter overnight

>accidentally leave carton of eggs out on counter overnight
>8-9 hours at best
>mom and dad panic
>go to get eggs in morning
>where is the egg carton
>oh you left them on the counter overnight so we threw them out

Do people really think the eggs are refrigerated as soon as they come out of a chickens asshole? You can leave eggs out for fucking days.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11176561
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you don't keep them cold they will hatch into chickens. you still live with your parents op, you're not ready for that amount of responsibility yet.

>you still live with your parents op

The college is only 30 minutes away faggot

>his 'go 'ckens don't have refrigerated assholes

wtf you talking about, the hen has to be fucked by a rooster for a chicken to be born. those eggs would never hatch a chicken no matter what

thats still kind of far OP.

American eggs are washed so they lose their film protection so they have to be refrigerated, eggs from other countries are left like that and don't need to be refrigerated.

OP, have you never cooked before? See .

If you get have a chicken, great. Let those eggs sit. But store-bought eggs in North America are washed, losing the protective film, and a chemical film is added (which needs to be kept at a constant cool).

It might be "just a few hours", but that can seriously fuck them up. Maybe don't be such a retard next time and put them back where you got them so your parents don't have to waste more of their money on your fuck ups.

They weren't washed white eggs you nigger. I would've posted a picture of white washed eggs if they were. The carton literally said natural or some other organic hippie bullshit.

Okay, clean out the shit from your eyes and pay attention.

ALL EGGS IN NORTH AMERICA NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED.

"Organic" is a meme, and it changes literally nothing about your food, especially not eggs. Brown eggs and white eggs are THE EXACT SAME EGGS. White eggs haven't had the brown washed off of them, you fucking mongoloid.

Unless you're literally getting the eggs straight from a chicken, or buying them from the amish, they're going to be done up the same way, every time, regardless of how "free range", "organic", or "additive free" they are. That's just how it is.

Not that I'd expect you to know, since you still live with mommy and daddy and they do all the grocery shopping for you, you worthless manchild.

You're seriously retarded.

Fucking retard. Literally nobody likes you.

>white eggs are washed
>brown eggs aren't

Nigger what?

>A 30 minute drive is far
Holy fuck

I mean, it is if you never leave your parent's house.

>An hour commute by car isn't far
America

>I'm fucking poor: the post

>what is rush hour?

its more than a movie kiddo.

>I live with my parents:the thread

Do you even know how to drive?

do you know how to sign a lease without a cosigner?

If you can't budget for 2-3 gallons of gas every day maybe you should just consider suicide dude.

Yes. Now answer my question.

i don't think you do cause you still have mommy and daddy taking care of you so that means two things: you are under 18 and need to be banned or you are a pathetic excuse for an 'adult'

>Choosing the cheaper option is bad for some reason
OK
Just so you know user, I'm not OP, I don't live with my parents, and you have autism.

Haha ja precies dat ja lol

>white washed eggs.

I live in the bunnie in maine and I live 30 minutes away from our biggest city. You're not close to your school at all.

I like you

>35 miles at most is a long way
Holy fuck you're so fucking retarded.

I used to drive 26 miles to work and back everyday. It was bullshit and you're bullshit for advocating that kind of bullshit.

It's not a fucking road trip, but it's a shitty commute for school, work, or anything else that needs to be done daily.

You're just a dumbass hick dude. I drive 35 minutes to work every day. Do you have ADD or something? Can't actually occupy yourself with an activity for a bit?

The guy with a hour plus commute is calling other people hicks....

I live in the suburbs and I work on the other side of town. I know you're clinically retarded but even someone of your calibre should understand this.

35 miles from my house issbthe difference between the city and the mountains. You must be the hick in this situation. No respectable city-person would tolerate a commute like that.

You should ask them to transfer you to a Wal-Mart in your area.

>No respectable city-person would tolerate a commute like that

t. someone who has never been to Houston

>Not that I'd expect you to know, since you still live with mommy and daddy and they do all the grocery shopping for you, you worthless manchild

You can stop projecting now

Why is Veeky Forums one of the most hate filled boards around? I don't understand it. Every one always tries so hard to prove themselves to themselves by treating people like crap an trying to feel better about one thing or another. Does cooking cause violence?

>No respectable city-person would tolerate a commute like that.
Most people on this earth have the patience for a 35 mile drive. Only spoiled manchildren like yourself would complain about it. I'm sure it's nice living so close to mountains though.

>Why is Veeky Forums one of the most hate filled boards around
>anonymous internet bantz = hate

Did you just come from Facebook?

Because everyone here is autistic.

You say that like it's an insult.

>knives
>hot oil
>crispy flesh
>boiling lobsters alive
>omelettes are essentially mutilated pigs wrapped in the fetus of another animal

Welcome to the kitchen, bitch.

>cooked chicken thighs in the oven
>put them on the stove to cool a bit
>forgot
>walk downstairs in the morn
>smells gud man
>oh shezzy i forgot the chicken
>put back in oven for a bit
>chicken is heated though
>put into fridge

think its gone bad after a night on the stove?
not sure..

We all are trying to be mean like Gordon Ramsay because it means we're real chefs.

It's not about patience. Like i said, I used to drive 26 miles there and back. 52 total a day, at least.

You know what I ended up doing?
Since this was a job I knew was long term, I moved just a few miles away.

>boil some eggs
>poach some others
>fry some others

>go to sleep
>wake up
>"oh shit my eggs"
>cooked eggs are still fine, because they're already cooked
>eggs on the counter are bad tho

Wow, it's almost as if cooking things before the raw ingredients go bad makes the finished thing last like something new.

Wow. You wasted a fuckton of money on moving just because you didn't have the patience for a 20 minute drive.
Kill yourself loser.

Hi! few things to start off with :)

Yes I replied to you because you're a female redditor, 'tis an awesome thing to see!

Don't be intimidated, because I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen :D

Pls respond

Hahaaaaa iks dee! Goede post mijn maat. Nee waarom doe je dit neger

It was half an hour because of the winding roads.

That's one hour a day total.
5 hours a week. I get paid 26 dollars an hour, which works out to about 125 dollars a week in unpaid travel time.

That's 500 dollars a month. That was definitely worth the price of moving.

You need to start looking at every aspect of your life in terms of money gained/ lost. I consider my time to be valuable, so I treat it as such.

Good post thanks

So let me see if I've got this straight:
Eggs are born with natural protective covering.
You wash it off with chemicals.
Then add more chemicals to create an inferior protective covering that is less effective and only works if kept cold. Hmmm.

>Veeky Forums
>hate

Either I visit too many boards or you haven't visited enough.

One night on the counter isn't going to ruin eggs you bunch of retards. A whole day outside in direct sunlight might, a couple hours inside at night is fine.

I haven't refrigerated eggs in 3 years (yes, even washed store bought eggs) I keep them in the cupboard and use them within the week. They've never made me sick.

My parents won't even let me make bread.
They insist that leaving the dough to rise at room temperature will 'cause the yeast to birth'. they think because 'yeast is alive' that it will give birth to larvae. I think one of them ate a sandwich with a maggot once or something. Whenever I point out that bakeries make bread like this they tell me that bakeries use special air conditioning devices that release maggot stillbirth inducing toxins. Never mind that humans have been baking bread for thousands of years - Apparently 'humans who baked bread hundreds of years ago didn't have maggots because the mammoths ate them all'

That only means they are more likely to be internally infected with salmonella, you can still use them you just have to cook them through.

Do runny eggs only with properly refrigerated ones.

Why does almost every single medium-to-fast-paced board have someone who asks this maybe once a week?

Been cheffing for a few years in chalets where I'd use hundreds of eggs a day. I'd have three food deliveries a week which meant at times I'd be holding on to eggs for three to five days at a time, maybe longer. At no point have I ever felt the need to refrigerate eggs, and at no point have I had any instance of food poisoning. However it is required by governing food safety organisations that they are kept refrigerated, so I assume it could be an issue on certain occasions, but from personal experience not a problem

I found a whole case of eggs under a bridge last week. Perfect condition. None of them missing, none of them cracked. I mean, who in their right mind throws away a perfectly good case of eggs in this day and age?

If you live in America, every egg is a fucking gamble. I still eat them all the fucking time, anyway I can get them. Even if it's a factory egg that sat on the counter for a week, just fucking gibs me dat. I understand the fear though. American egg factory farms need to fucking stop washing eggs, or stop existing at all.

Either mediocre troll(had a laugh) or your parents are the source of "vaccines cause autism"

>the Bunnie
Mainefag here - where the fuck is the Bunnie? Not Kennebunk, right? Because "The Bunk" is infinitely better than "The Bunnie"

very funny but can we return to being a serious board, the memes are getting a little out of hand.

>maggot stillbirth inducing toxins
Fucking kek.

It's to wash the poop off the eggs.

Auto correct of boonies.
And only kind of the boonie. Just on the Standish/Cornish line.

So let me get this straight:
eggs are shat out of a bird's anus onto a floor covered in shit, piss and bacteria
They are pluck off the ground
put into a box
and sold
you then rely on a flimsy layer of organic material to prevent disease
Then you leave the unwashed eggs around your house
yes, very sanitary.

it is tho

You eat shit every day. You're fine. Everything's fine.

>I consider my time to be valuable so I wasted 20 grand so I could spend more time doing nothing at home
OK user, you sure showed me

Ameriblobs were a mistake.

This is accurate.

I have chickens and don't wash my eggs.

They've been on the counter for over a month and been better than any egg that has been in 'the system' for 6+ months.

The people talking about american eggs being washed are forgetting that the end of the washing process. The farmers washing machines replace the layer by spraying the egg with a layer of oil. This recreates that protective layer. The only problem OP would have is if the eggs were to sweat from condensation, but he really would only have to wipe the condensation off and replace in the fridge.

t. Purdue Ag.

>The farmers washing machines replace the layer by spraying the egg with a layer of oil. This recreates that protective layer.

Yes, and this new layer needs to be refrigerated to work. Did you even read the thread?

No I stopped after it derailed into driving and driving distances.

>needs to be refrigerated to work.
This is false. They are refrigerated through the supply line in order to stop condensation which would harbor a bunch of nasties on the surface of the egg and remove the protective oil. Once you get them home it is fine if you don't leave them in a cesspool of water.

think about it, why would mineral oil stop having the properties of oil at room temperature?

>they don't need to be refrigerated
>they're just refrigerated so the protective oil doesn't degrade

Are you clinically retarded?

>protective oil degrades at room temp on the counter.

Uh no. I told you to fucking think. And you didn't.

>10 eggs
>metric egg boxes
REEEEEE

>not dozen/half dozen boxes
when will europoors ever learn?

>Do people really think the eggs are refrigerated as soon as they come out of a chickens asshole? You can leave eggs out for fucking days.
The butt slime/mucous membrane fluid rots on the outside of the eggs, and supports colonization because commercial eggs are sorta-washed a bit, which removes a kind of barrier to the shell.

Eggs are cheap. Calm down. The kind of food poisoning you get can require hospitalization. If you've never paid a fucking bill in your life, you don't understand that your $1.50/dz eggs can cost your $5k in a single afternoon.

All the cool chefs on TV scream at their underlings and act like massive squirting bellends to everyone else,so people roleplaying as chefs adopt that persona too.

>you don't understand that your $1.50/dz eggs can cost your $5k in a single afternoon

What kind of shitty 3rd world immune system do you have?

>City people
>respectable

lmao. Bunch of hypocrites and degenerates.

>What kind of shitty 3rd world immune system do you have?
>What kind of shitty 3rd world immune system do you have?
1st world frontal lobe maturity, actually, the kind that can calculate odds properly without youthful ignorance, low class understandings about money management or parents who took drugs in utero and damaged my impulsive nature to judge others as somehow less intelligent,while showing how stupid I am to the world with that giant chip on my shoulder. Grow up. Maybe you simply don't understand the point at which you should go to the hospital because a copay is too unthinkable for your income.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11176561

So you have the immune system of a small, young child. Gotcha.

>projecting his life story: the post

Washed eggs DO need to be refrigerated...but 9 hours isn't a problem. Bringing the entire carton to room temperature would alone require about 4 hours if not longer. Sitting at room temp for the remaining 5 won't hurt you. Ever eat eggs that are more than a week old? It's about the same. I eat month old eggs without problems..

Don't you guys bake? A lot of recipes call for room temp eggs.

Apparently NA is different, but where I live eggs are sold off regular shelves, I don't think they're ever refrigerated in their production chain until some chucklefuck takes them home and chucks them in there.

>projecting this hard
Do you not know how cost/benefit analysis works? As expected of community college retards.

>As expected of community college retards

t. Liberal Arts major

Haha you sure got me there user! 10/10 would bait again.

>Oh shit he's right, better just say it was le ebin bait only pretending to be retarded xD

Threads over guys. Time to pack it up and go home.

It's not about the money, it's about the time spent driving.

>projecting
OP literally says in the first paragraph he left eggs on the counter, his parents threw them out and scolded him. Obviously he lives with mommy and daddy and obviously they do the grocery shopping.
Since France is smaller than the state of Texas, yes, a 30 min drive isn't that far. My spouse drives 20+ minutes to work. We drove 1500 miles across the country when we moved. America is big, much bigger than Europe.
Not him, but you're fucking hilarious. Do you know how to drive? Do you have a car?
Mortgage and rent rates increase the closer you get to an urban area in any state. I live near Denver. My spouse works up the mountain in Conifer. You are wasting so much money just living closer compared to gas, especially since gas is cheap and going down an over 4% grade on the way home requires almost zero gas, especially in manual. When we first moved and had an apartment living in a town 25 mins from Denver is about $800 cheaper per month, for a larger place. Same with mortgage. Shitty old overpriced houses the closer you get to downtown.

Don't really think you're saving money at all.

>hourly but describes job as salary or commission.
Which is it?

Trips of truth!

False

The reason you have to put US Eggs in the fridge is that salmonella vaccination is not mandatory so only like 1/3 of hens have been vaccinated. So there is a pretty good chance the hen that layer your egg is vulnerable to infection so you refrigerate to prevent growth.

>complaining about 30 minute commute
you'll cowards don't even drive. I didn't have less than a 30 minute commute in my life until I moved away to college. one time high school ended at 4 and I didn't get home until almost 7.

You're a fucking idiot, son.

That's like the time my parents came over to my place and freaked out that I leave my hot sauce on the counter. They were like "You forgot to put it back in the fridge! Don't even act like you do this normally" but the truth is It has never been in the fridge.

my roommates once decided to clean up and threw away baking soda, some dried herbs and a bottle of vinegar because they "expired"