Just b urself

>just b urself
>as long as u don't use words
>...unlike me right now haha :P xD

Wittgenstein literally said this and people call him a great philosopher...

...how?

That's not what he said at all. He didn't say not to use words, but to use the carefully, and in accordance with what your truly believe, to not be deceptive.

You can talk about what your breakfast tasted like.
You can't talk about the afterlife.
That's as plain as I can put it for a retard like you.

'Gee, I wonder what the afterlife is like'

Did I just btfo philosophy?

>Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

But if you can't speak of it then you have to be silent anyway? What a shit philosopher how is this supposed to be profound.

no, Wittgenstein btfo'd himself 60 years ago with Philosophical Investigations. Also he never said you 'couldnt' speak about that which you couldn't know in the Tractatus, just that it isn't epistemologically helpful

Oh man, don't even get this guy started on the word "wonder".

I'm tired of people thinking they understand a philosopher because they know a meme about him. That's why nobody understood my bro Berkeley " Is this the guy who think nothing is real ? Lol what a nerd. "

Name one inaccurate thing in the post. 1.

We're all jus in Gad's mind man

who is that?

The OP displays a fundamental misunderstand. It's all wrong.

He's David Foster Wallace, my favourite writer. He's pretty appreciated here on Veeky Forums and makes a may-may, which makes me happy.

>a fundamental misunderstand

wew lad. is that a wittgensteinian term?!?!?!?!

He wrote a whole book, short but very laconic, about this. Then another one changing his stance Most scholars aknowledge that the Tractatus is a hard read. Most of the time, when you study philosophy, the first three years are just " learning to read the classics (in a broad sense) well ". You can't sum up his doctrine in a meme. It's philosophy, not Game Of Thrones.

wew u sure git me gud der m8.
1. i
1.1. n
1.2. g

>literally: just b urself the post

it's like that pseudo autist has come back to life

I know, I've read it, many times.

The fundamental message of it can be boiled down to the original post

It's like saying that Kant's moral is the categorical imperative, ignoring where it comes from.

1. s
1.1. m
1.2. h

think in pictures not words

Wittgenstein- The Origin of Modern Autism

It's as if in a work about the nature of tautology and contradiction as the limit cases of logic, by virtue of which propositions "about" things are possible, axioms reveal themselves for what they are--that is, tautological, i.e. as the boundary within which our statements can make sense.