What do to with a 1lb of ground beef...

What do to with a 1lb of ground beef? I usually make cheeseburger hamburger helper and add red kidney beans or black beans. Or I make creamy cheese rice-a-roni and add the ground beef.

Any ideas on a new dish? The Velveeta skillets kind of suck

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/hi-li-min-477678
youtube.com/watch?v=03FNBCi4zbI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ax73Qi2zE9k
simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_shepherds_pie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make juicy lucys with jalapeƱos and cheese. I've always wanted to try them.

I'm making chili today

make hi-li-min!
food.com/recipe/hi-li-min-477678

or a minestrone with mince!

What kind of beans are you using?

>making chili with ground beef
>not cheaper cuts of steak

Tacos.

beef and noodles with mashed potato

Beef isnt cheap these days. If I splurge on some ground beef it will be to make something on the higher end of a price per serving. For other cheap foods like tacos, chili, etc. I'll use ground turkey.

>If I splurge on some ground beef
Found the poorfag that didn't value education in high school.

Nachos

why is she holding that glove like that? What is she suggesting?

Burgers or """tacos"""

Well you look like you're going to hurl, might as well not dirty the carpet.

I don't like beans in my chili.

2 lbs. of beef, 8 oz. tomato sauce, half a chopped white onion, clove of minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.

>not buying cheap cuts of steak and grinding them yourself
Ground beef is a better texture than stringy meat. I like to patty them out and sear them on a cast iron skillet before breaking them up. More surface area means more browning.

Well I'm central American and when I was young my parents used to make peasant food occasionally. Now days as an adult I get a hankering for it occasionally.

1lb ground beef half an onion diced 1 tomato cut into small chunks. Brown the ground beef with salt pepper midway add the onions when fully browned add the tomato. Add a 16 Oz can of tomato sauce fill it halfway with water and add. Add 2 diced medium potato cover and simmer when the potatoes are done the meal is complete. Eat it with a side of rice plantains or yuca better known as tapioca or cassava.

Inspired. I don't know if I want to use the crock pot or be lazy and make it on the stove though.
Any suggestions or recipies? Chili is one of my favorites so I'm always open to try something New.

Fat fuck.

Recipe here: I prefer the stove.

Pretty much tacos when I buy ground beef.

make frikadellen

youtube.com/watch?v=03FNBCi4zbI

Beef for a dollar is this even real life?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ax73Qi2zE9k

It's been too long since I've had a good plantain.

I spot a theme here OP. One pot skillet meal.
Try folding in an egg, slice of bread, chopped onions, mushrooms, celery, and forming into burgers, or a meatloaf, and glazing with favorite glaze (chili sauce is my go to, but kicked up a notch). Try ground turkey, pork, chicken, and going asian with your topping, like hoisin or chili sauce. Or dump in a can of condensed tomato soup or consomme, and making a bit of a salisbury steak. This is your comfort food thing.

I like swedish meatballs from time to time, and I just simmer them in sour cream, stock granules and lots of paprika and mushrooms and onions. Serve over egg noodles, w/ steamed peas.

I freeze ground beef, for a quick chili con carne out of the pantry. You can brown it frozen from the freezer, really. You just need onion, garlic, canned tomatoes, canned kidney beans, cumin and your chili powder or dried chilies. Frozen ground beef also makes a quick taco filling you can serve on bagged tostadas with your favorite usual toppings.

This reminds me of another pantry dinner I like to make with frozen ground beef.
Cuban picadillo.
Brown the beef, draining all fat. In olive oil saute onion, garlic, tomato paste, splash of wine (optional), golden raisins, drained pimento-stuffed olives or capers or both, bay leaves. Pinch of cumin, salt, pepper. I love to serve with basic white rice (or diana brand short grain cooked with onion and olive oil in the pot). Sweet plantains are a MUST, which btw, freeze very nicely once ripe.

Just made this tonight, family loves it. simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_shepherds_pie/

And yes, VELVEETA SKILLETS DO SUCK. The best thing to do with them is buy them cheap in bulk (DAMN cheap), throw away the spice packet, and don't add beef. Cook the pasta up by itself and use the cheese sauce packet on the pasta. Use the beef for something else like sliders. Add a veg and you've got a meal!

Chili
Burger
Taco
Enchilada
Quesedilla
Meatball
Nacho
Pasta with meat sauce
Lasagna with beef
Stuffed Shells
Stuffed peppers
Ghetto stroganoff
Meatloaf
Meat pie
Pretty much anything in a skillet or casserole
Cheap substitute for anything that uses steak like stir-fry, omelette, sandwiches