What's wrong, Veeky Forums? You can't even do the FIRST assignment of a 2000 level Computer Science course?

What's wrong, Veeky Forums? You can't even do the FIRST assignment of a 2000 level Computer Science course?

Hopefully no one falls for the bait

Something tells me you'd flunk my favorite course.

Is this supposed to be difficult? You know that two functions have the same asymptotic complexity if the limit of f1(x)/f2(x) as x -> inf converges to some positive constant c.

In other words it's just "the fastest growing term". Pretty fucking trivial for these functions you listed.

This seems easy to me but I am a math graduate student. The only reason this would be artifically hard is because the terms are not defined and it's not intuitive that Big O means unless you see the definition.

hes a cpsc student in 1st/2nd year who needs help with hwk

I this supposed to be some reverse psychology scheme and you're just hoping some autist will solve the problems your can't?

Are you literally retarded?
>Computer Science
yep.

>1
n^.7
n^1.5
[ln n]^2
n^.2
ln n
ln n
n^.5
9^n
n ln n
n
n
n ln n
8^n
5^n
8^n
n
ln n
n^4
n^.5 ln n
6^n

>2
f1(n)=n^2.5 ln n
f2(n)=n^2 [ln n]^2
f3(n)=n^2 ln n ln ln n

>3
n^0.1 log* n

>4
limit n→∞ 7√[4n^6+6n^3+23] / c n^3
= 7√[4+6/n^3+23/n^6] / c = 7√4/c

Let c1 < 7√4 and c2 > 7√4

>5
Let f2=√n(log2(n))^3
Let g2=18√n log2(8n^3) * 3 log2(8n)=18√n log2(8n^3) * 3 log2(8n)
Let g3=18√n log2(n^4) * 3 log2(n^2)=18*3*4*2√n log2(n)^2
f2g2>g
for n>8

so the limit n→∞ f2/g3

lol sneaky homework thread

>dumbass actually gives the hw answers to show how smart he is

Yeah that's Veeky Forums for you

>Are you literally retarded?
>yep.

What did he mean by this?

CS majors are heavily in denial that any retard could pass their major with perfect marks

>[math] \Theta ( \log _ { \mu } (n) )[/math]
>>[math] \mu [/math]

Even CS professors are fucking retarded

that CS majors are dimwitted scum

I feel so bad and in regret that i know fuck all what these means.

Huh, how is this 2000 level?

I mean, if anything, we can just hope that OP will continue to learn nothing and eventually fail out of his major with no degree and a ton of debt.

its just because we haven't taken all these college calculus III and linear algebra courses. Soon, we'll be the ones calling OP a retard.

No, he's going to get the degree guaranteed

DELETE THIS

This is calc 1 material.

n^2
n^.5
nlogn
(logn)^2
n(logn)^.5
2^n
n^2logn
9^n
logn
n^-1logn
(logn)^2
n(logn)^.5
2^n
n^2logn
n^-1logn
(logn)^2
n(logn)^.5

n^3log(n)

log(n)^.1

Let the constant = 1000 and observe that for all n < N = 5 we get an upper bound. Then by choosing the constant equal to 1/1000, we get that same thing. QED. Thus by the definition got Big-O-Dash we have met the definition. This completes the proof.

Using repeated application of L'Hospital's rule we arrive at the innequality 2 < 4 for all n greater than infinity, thus through this application of L'Hospitals rule, the rule has been sufficient to show the limit goes to 0, which implies that the function cannot be bounded above, since if f(n) = U-Down of g(n) the f(n) must grow below g to infinity. Therefore, the limit exists and is 0, and we have the initial assumption met. QED.

I know the professor for this course. Should I let him know that someone in his class is going to a japanese cartoon image board for help and got the answers?

>he actually printed a fake homework paper to troll people with

Don't tell me americans actually have homework at bachelors level

I didnt even take math after grade 10

>Hey Veeky Forums do my homework
Nice try

You just made his homework, if he can manipulate you like that, you are the retarded