Not owning the meme editions of the meme trilogy

>not owning the meme editions of the meme trilogy
stay pleb lit

>implying you've ever read a book in your entire life

What would the meme editions of the other two be?

Is there any reason to?

Ulysses - Oxford world classics
IJ - you can pretty much go with any because the very form of the novel is meme so its printing doesn't matter

>IJ - you can pretty much go with any
not true, only "3" works ()

Going by these posts, I have meme Ulysses and meme IJ. Blueprint GR though, so my task in these dreams isn't often to pens.

Also yes, I have actually read all three.

Why don't they release a box set with a matching cover scheme? Have they ever?

Everyman's Library already publishes Ulysses.

They were about to publish GR, but it fell through.

Infinite Jest... it's only a matter of time.

This is pure trilogy-kino

Why must the best Ulysses design have the worst version of the text? :(

I've never even seen any of the books in the meme trilogy and am too much of a pleb to read them

Please don't bully me

same w/ IJ, now that the corrected 20th anniversary is out :(

wrong edition

>2016
>not having a collection of wordsworth's exclusively

chuckle

>tfw my translated ulysses has the best cover

feels good man

Fuck everyman's, muh negro. Pics of the author only work when it's a self-insert book like Portrait of the Artiste. No, I don't care that it's a hardcover and that it has one of those silk bookmark things attached.

I really wish this was real. Someone with money go out and print it, I'll buy one, I swear.

>Fuck everyman's

stopped reading there

Jose Cuervo Gold is a hell of a tequila if you're poor, esse.

Post your bookshelf.

>tfw have meme and regular editions of GR and Ulysses

I'm not at home right now and my copy of IJ is currently lent out to a friend. Also I don't have a real camera and my phone's camera sucks.

I saw Inherent Vice.
Now i'm reading GR. Am i fucked?

Yes. The same thing happened to me(me) except I started with the V. Now I've read the entire trilogy, Behead All Satans, Yuruope, Yurope 2, The Magnificent Third Rail, Milkbottle H, Lanark, Finnegans Wake, The New York Triology, The Cannibal, The Recognitions, and The Tunnel.

You're basically fucked just like I am.

>regular

Wow you just strung together all the excuses you could think of huh

I was actually being totally honest. Here's a blurry shitty cellphone photo of my Penguin Classics The Recognitions to show you I'm not lying.

Getting away from the point here, you called everyman's cheap, so I wanted you to post your bookshelf full of folios or easton presses.

I said I was poor though so I don't think u can read, homeboy???

>meme editions

everyone on this site has lost their damn minds

>tfw 2007 people posted trollface unironically

So you were saying that everymans is too expensive?

I'm saying that they're so tacky I'd rather buy a paperback than those poorfag hardcovers.

They're modest and handsome, actually, and priced fine.

>the worst version of the text
What do you mean?

Just the font or? Because I doubt anyone would be allowed to change the formatting of Ulysses.

The first edition of ulysses was riddled with errors, it was revised by joyce in 1934, and then by hans walter gabler decades later. The gabler is the standard text used in academia.

>hans walter gabler
The Gabler edition is just an ‘ideal text reconstruction’ with many errors but Joyce revised all editions until 1932, so had he wanted those changes he would have introduced them.

The effort by Gabler and Joyce’s grandson is purely a money making effort, oriented to enlarge the copyright which is simply not acceptable because it wasn’t the authors intention to do an ‘ideal text reconstruction’. Its only recommended for gullible readers.

It’s not really Joyce’s text, it’s Gablers version.

>ideal text reconstruction
>joyce didnt want this

What do you mean by this?

i want that pig costume

Joyce wanted those "errors" to remain there.

Can you give me an example

So, what's the best edition for Gravity's Rainbow?

What should I avoid?

Theyre all the same except for some copies of the penguin classics deluxe edition, which are a missing a line.

banksy does it again...

>The effort by Gabler and Joyce’s grandson is purely a money making effort, oriented to enlarge the copyright which is simply not acceptable because it wasn’t the authors intention to do an ‘ideal text reconstruction’. Its only recommended for gullible readers.
>It’s not really Joyce’s text, it’s Gablers version.

literally the only people who say things like this are idiots who got tricked into paying money for the 1922, which is both incorrect, and free. gabler is the preferred text of joyce scholars across the world. anyone saying otherwise had better provide an actual argument other than fantasied "money making" conspiracies "to enlarge the copyright," invoking imaginary notions like the "authors intention [sic]" and putting scare quotes around made up phrases like "'ideal text reconstruction.'"

Edition anxiety is a subset of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

no, he can't. he's an idiot who read three paragraphs of the wikipedia article and doesn't know what he's talking about. the gabler is the only edition worth reading. it can be got for a song (I got mine for $7.00), unlike the 1922's texts that are in circulation, which typically run for $20+ for a freely available, uncorrected text.

What about the 1934/61?

Haha, I love DFW too, my friend! :D

gabler and his team accounted for the changes made therein, some of which were found to be incorrect, others of which were kept.

>i'm wrong, and a faggot, as well

How acceptable is the 1934/61 though? If I wanted to read the Everymans, say, which uses that version, would you recommend I don't strongly or lightly?

1934 is probably fine. I would lightly rec. against it, I suppose. I cannot heap enough vitriol upon the 1922, however.

Not him, but as far as I've heard it discussed any of them are fine if you're just reading it as you either won't notice or it won't effect your enjoyment.
I've heard many people argue about which is the best (mainly between the 1964 and the Gabler). From what I understand, purists prefer the 1964, while many academics prefer the Gabler's because it takes into account certain other notes Joyce had made and thus they can study his development more easily.

shit i meant 34/61

Who's 'they'?

You need to get out more. They're at every bookstore.

>muh thriftiness
>muh academia
I'm not usually one to say this, but sure is Jewish up in here.

>not owning the worst cover of GR
>no neon orange paperback spine on your bookshelf

memetic dissolution is hard to watch