Hmm what's this 'reddit' site? seems pretty interesting

hmm what's this 'reddit' site? seems pretty interesting

Other urls found in this thread:

houyhnhnmpress.com/finnegans-wake-prospectus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the best possible example of the stifling and soul-crushing aspects of the Heideggerian term Das Man.

>"No Naked Lunch? The only book i've ever given up on in disgust. 2Gross4me."

Yeah! Down with Reddit! We must defend our territory!

use r/literature

>tfw Veeky Forums will never be that bad
feels good man

these people think they're screenwriters for Rick and Morty or something

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are absolutely infested with these obvious Reddtors. Disgusting.

What kind of notes are in the pic?

My notes never look this good. ;_;

should i kms reddit

and the seven books are
finnegans wake
nightwood by djuna barnes (never heard of this. i thought of looking it up, but then the blog post says it is about philosophy, and nobody needs that kind of shit)
the waste land
the critique of pure reazzzzzzzzzz
fucking atlas fucking shrugged
being and time
war and peace

fuck that

>he will never be able to find his way through this densely noted book
Jesus, this is an extremely unorganized and impractical way of notetaking. Notetaking should never be so dense that you don't even want to read what's on the page. Use page tabs, number them and use a separate notebook to record your notes. Organize the notebook with numbered entries according to your numbered page tabs, use only highlighter and pencil on your book.

Do you have any photos of this method in practice for reference?

Atlas Shrugged?
War and Peace?

Those aren't even tough. They're long, monolithic, and massive novels, but they're not tough. It seems that the author of the blog hasn't heard of Gass, Gaddis, or Hawkes. (I've only really read Hawkes but I've read some selections from Gass and Gaddis.)

Nightwood is a sort of mongrel of Joyce and Faulkner's style. It has a lot of streams-of-consciousness, but it also has perverse, quasi-Southern Gothic characters and some wordplay. It's a tough read, but it's no Finnegans Wake.

Djuna Barnes was an influence on Hawkes (pic related) so I'd say that one isn't that bad a choice. And The Wake is a very fun read if you don't have a stick shoved firmly up your arse. Never read The Wasteland, but the other three are kindof meme-tier though.

A T L A S
S H R U G G E D
>Tough
Oh boy.

Length = difficulty

>reddit is full of size queens
Who would have guessed?

Yes I do

Wheel of Time is the most difficult saga, then.

Wouldn't that be only useful for academic books? I'm not entirely sure why would you do notes of books, anyway, unless there's a specific paragraph that you really liked and want to remember where it is.

never say never, we are reaching leddit levels of faggotry.

Super Smash Bros. Fanfiction is.

Is it sinful I LOVE the way the book in the OP looks? God I wish I could pull off that "I'm a high-functioning schizophrenic"-look in my note-taking. So Veeky Forums

just take margin notes and circle page numbers and keep the salient notions of everything you read in your head. or is that too difficult

houyhnhnmpress.com/finnegans-wake-prospectus

It's from this site. An editor working on restoring Finnegan's Wake, I assume.

I love you.

I only do this to well-cited or well-written books. I margin-note and page-tab everything else.

This is a method for when you have to heavily note a book like in OP pic. If you do what OP pic did, you're wasting your time and the book.

The Joyce hate on there is unbelievable. Wah, I don't get it, too hard. Fucking man-children

Beautiful

If you took this pic- what pen is that? what paper?

>This is a method for when you have to heavily note a book like in OP pic

one should never have to take that many notes on a book. even at the highest levels of the academy, that many notes is just excessive, counter productive, and retarded. you don't learn by taking notes anyway

pig disgusting. faggot handwriting, faggot pen. faggot attention whoring.

That better be some 90 gram Clairefontaine paper, or you're misusing that fountain pen.

>using the feels meme
It already is

This thread consists of fresh Newfag imports from reddit proceeding to sandbag reddit in order to appear "in" with the cool-kid Veeky Forums crowd. I'm on to you, Newfaggots. Shameful display, desu.

Hello, Reddit!

Have an upvote!

Edit: thanks for the gold!

no u

how the fuck did you edit your post

Get a Veeky Forums pass, and you can edit your posts.

Edit: super easy.

Y'all are a gaggle of faggots.

>Youll never be the kind of person who would add another comment to a pun thread on Reddit

gaggle on my dick

what should i read before critique of pure reasoning?

There is a lot of intentional obfuscation going on in Finnegans wake, that's for sure!

The guy who wrote all that shit in the book is a fucking try-hard idiot.

hume, descartes

sex me user

>The Waste Land
>long
>anything more than moderately difficult

Get a Veeky Forums pass. You have to put your Credit card number in the name field.

Like this?

>atlas shrugged
>difficult

They're all saying "Finnigan's Wake."

What the fuck?

Fucking shit I mean "Finnegans."

nah man Veeky Forums has gone really downhill with more faggotry. its only a short while before it becomes cancer

You're right,us all pretending we've read all of these books and are totally not just going off wikipedia articles at best, or just off what they've read other people say.

At least reddit is honest about the fact most of them have never read it, and the people that have generally give about as good discussion of the topics on either site.

eww, that's why ebooks are by far better

>nigger
>666
'sup satan

But you've highlighted probably around or over half of those two pages, might as well read the entire thing at this point.
I try to only highlight thesis and topic sentences or sentences that can perceived as such and so grant an overview, instead of highlighting every key point or clever formulation, and I add extra subtitles aligned with the text so that it's relatively easy to find you way by just flipping through the book.

Is this meme-ing
The Waste Land takes half an hour to read
I read it off RapGenius whilst waiting at a bus stop

>using a highlighter
>taking physical notes
Literally the dumbest shit. Write notes and passages in a word document instead.

>Nigger faggot cocksucker.
Nice.

>Greeks
>Stirner
>Joyce
>David Meme Wallace
>Le Pinecone

All day every day.

Oh, we are great.

Yeah, no memes allowed on Veeky Forums.

Finnegans Wake is just arse though.

That fart sniffing faggot is laughing at you from heaven for thinking you're great fir reading his Guinness soaked ramblings.

That's just stupid.

I highlight, can open the book and just see what I need. Works especially well for an ebook as you can jump straight to them.

Why would you be such a faggy pompous Monsieur and make a whole separate document for notes?

Also, in my ebook reader I can highlight a passage and make a note on it as well.

>taking notes while reading

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

>I highlight

Then you're a fucking reprobate who should be caned.

>redditor damage control