How Wanky is your Bookshelf?

Go on, let buzzfeed judge you

buzzfeed.com/jamiejones/wallace-whitman-and-wolfe

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeed.com/jamiejones/wallace-whitman-and-wolfe
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

11/72

>You know exactly what kind of books you like and you don’t feel the need to read what others recommend in an effort to look smart. There’s more to life than reading a list of literature guided by the personal philosophy of some thirty-something-year-old white man named Brandon. Fuck Brandon and his basic taste.

Same.

>You know exactly what kind of books you like and you don’t feel the need to read what others recommend in an effort to look smart. There’s more to life than reading a list of literature guided by the personal philosophy of some thirty-something-year-old white man named Brandon. Fuck Brandon and his basic taste.

>Written by Jamie Jones

>buzzfeed
nope

>cuckfeed

wheres the pastebin you cocksucker

You checked 26 out of 72 on this list!
You can see the value in reading books that take you out of your comfort zone, but mostly you just read books that you enjoy. At the end of the day you read for pleasure, not because you’re trying to impress anyone. And besides, a lot of the books on the list, pretentious or not, are actually pretty damn good.

>tfw my name is Brandon and I'm 30

What the fuck did I do

>There’s more to life than reading a list of literature guided by the personal philosophy of some thirty-something-year-old white man

HAHA WHITE PEOPLE! AM I RIGHT?! XD

>If someone reads a lot of books it's not because they enjoy reading they're just trying to look smart and I jump to this conclusion not because I'm judgemental and insecure about my own intelligence but in reality I'm so intellectual that I'm actually anti-intellectual

17/72, same response as and . I have nothing against a 30-year-old guy named Brandon. The only Brandon I know is dyslexic.

I also feel like I've just participated in a forced survey that is a part of some quack sociology "study".

HAHA SMART PEOPLE SUCK AMIRITE XD

11/72

>there's no such thing as universal literary acclaim; it's all a cabal of straight cis white men amirite?
>objective literary merit is really just smoke and mirrors that keep whitey comfortable bruh
>so basic
>there's MORE TO LIFE
>it's alright to decide what """"kind"""" of books you like and refuse to broaden your horizons
>ignore all recommendations, it's just peer pressure anyway
>hell, you probably shouldn't even be reading in the first place

The study is about how successful a website can be without actually creating any meaningful content.

The results are in: "depressingly so"

>There’s more to life than reading a list of literature guided by the personal philosophy of some thirty-something-year-old white man named Brandon

and indeed there is more to life than doing shitty surveys created by a late-twenty-something self-loathing prematurely-receding-hairlined white man named Jamie

this is the kind of thing you have to produce to become a "senior writer"

fuck this world

>72 books
>4 female authors

>buzzfeed.com/jamiejones/wallace-whitman-and-wolfe

Disppointed that they've now changed the name of the article

31/72

Godamnit.

>You checked 35 out of 72 on this list!
>You can see the value in reading books that take you out of your comfort zone, but mostly you just read books that you enjoy. At the end of the day you read for pleasure, not because you’re trying to impress anyone. And besides, a lot of the books on the list, pretentious or not, are actually pretty damn good.

>You checked 72 out of 72 on this list!
>You like your books deft, purposeful, and difficult to understand. If you’re not challenged by what you’re reading then it has no place on your bookshelf, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But it’s probably best not to bring up your critiques of postmodernism on a first date, because honestly, it makes you look like a pretentious dick.