What are the books that depressed people read? for music the music you'd listen to would be have a nice life...

what are the books that depressed people read? for music the music you'd listen to would be have a nice life, red house painters, codiene, carissas wierd, low, joy division. what's the book equivalent of that? I just hate myself, I feel embarrassed all the time about the fact that I exist, I feel lonely and I feel sad that the world is so stupid, I'm sad that we're going to die, I like guys and I hate religion, I like kinky sex, I just want to drink whisky all day and not have to work, I hate that I can't pursue my passions and love, instead I have to be lonely because I can either chose to give that up, reading and music and just enjoying my life or else I'll have to get a job. I just want a book that pierces through my heart and kills me, not in a physical way, but in a figurative way. I want something to pierce the inside of my heart and just kill the me I know.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/T6NfJCJq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Man please just go back to /r9k/, I'm legitimately requesting you're just making shit worse for both us by being somewhere you don't belong

it's not going to happen, so go drown in semen. I hate r9k, I never use that toxic echo chamber board. What a better way to feel depressed than to surround yourself with people who agree with all your negative thoughts.

Sounds like Bukowski should be right up your alley.

Depressing Literature download

pastebin.com/T6NfJCJq

Celine, Louis-Ferdinand - Death on Installment Plan
Celine, Louis-Ferdinand - Journey to the End of the Night
Cioran, E.M. - On the Heights of Despair
Dazai, Osamu - No Longer Human
Dazai, Osamu - The Setting Sun
Fante, John - Ask the Dust
Goncharov, Ivan - Oblomov
Hardy, Thomas - Tess of the d'Urbervilles
Kane, Sarah - 4.48 Psychosis
Kawabata, Yasunari - Snow Country
Levi, Primo - If This is a Man
Lispector, Clarice - The Hour of the Star
McCarthy, Cormac - The Road
McCullough, Colleen - The Thorn Birds
Miller, Arthur - Death of a Salesman
Pessoa, Fernando - The Book of Disquiet
Rhys, Jean - Wide Sargasso Sea
Solzhenitsyn, Alexandr - One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
Tolstoy, Leo - The Death of Ivan Ilyich
Williams, John - Stoner

I don't drink whisky that much, I just drink like one shot every day at lunch. I just wish I didn't have to moderate as much, but hey at least I can drink a little whisky and that's a good thing.

as if this faggot is actually going to read any of that

thank you!!! one of these weeks, after I get a few more books on my wish list, I was planning on just buying a ton of cioran books. the heights of despair, the problem with being born, the temptation to exist. Thank you so much for these recommendations

It's usually not the least bit depressing but I like to read In Search of Lost Time when I'm depressed because when I'm depressed I'm typically more neurotic, and Proust was the ultimate neurotic.

Stop avatarfagging you homo cuckbitch.

it's not my avatar, I just reverse google image searched a picture from that fandom one time and found a google image search with a ton of yaoi. I've actually only posted two of the pictures from that yaoi fandom on this forum before. I used to have a hard drive filled with so many cute gay pics, but that hard drive has since crashed, so I am waiting for it to either uncrash and become accessible again, or for me to find the will to get it fixed just so I can save a bunch of cute pictures and stuff.

Yeah guess what, you are the toxic cancer mate, all you're doing is spreading it

I don't know which one makes you more despicable, posting yaoi images while asking for book recommendations or being the exact type of person that asks for a book recommendation so they can feel validated about themselves.

Depression is not real and there is no such thing as "brain chemical imbalance". You'd know that if you didn't just solely thrive on self-pity.

>I don't know which one makes you more despicable, posting yaoi images while asking for book recommendations
this has to be some sort of ironic self parody. I seriously could not imagine a real person who gets angry over something like this.

If depression isn't real, then how come you're on Veeky Forums bitching to someone who's sad about asking for book recommendations? zing. also, I never said anything about my mental health, you're just lashing out at some random stranger online. what would the people who care about you think of the things you say online? I know the things I say online would concern people I know, or make people I know (well I actually don't know anyone irl besides my family), but if I did then I know it would concern them.

Radio Head
Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys

I'd say IJ. A lot the depression stuff really hits home. I know a lot of people who have gotten over their infatuation with that text and still hold onto that part of it.

Personally the combo of clinical depression and weed dependency spoke exactly to what I was going through and really tore me up, so I might be biased.

Also IJ is juat a fun read. Regardless of how much I liked it, something novel always happened when I opened, which was great for 'well I'm to crushingly depressed to move from this couch but my bowl and IJ are within arm's reach so maybe I can survive the next few hours'

>Depression is not real and there is no such thing as "brain chemical imbalance".
Literal r-e-t-a-r-d

>zing
Why not use "Bazinga!" instead? Or you could just choke on a dick, both sounds have equivalent meaning.

>I'm not depressed, just a little sad :(
You're not Da Vinci's code. You're ebtiehr depressed or truly sad. You're stuck in self-pity and that's barely sadness. I've spent my entire childhood and adolescence dealing with this emotion. I could smell the mental decay on you mules away.

You're not looking to be Veeky Forums, you're looking for validation, for consolation and to be dead before you stop breathing. Stop wasting our time and go be with your kind on /b/ or /r9k/

W-i-l-l-f-u-l i-g-n-o-r-a-nc-e

You can't even tell me 5 studies that prove neuroleptics are more effective than active placebos

He's completely right, there is a descriptive word for a combinations of emotions and tendencies we group together and call a general condition "Depression" but thats all it is, it isn't some actual mental disease like its known as in popular culture since someone can be said to have depression while having completely different collection of sympthoms and causes as another person.
Its an imaginary construct that just simplifies the complex reality of human mental life for treatment purposes

>Depression is not real
Well, you're even more despicable than OP

>666

Nice try Satan, go read up on depression before parroting what you hear on tv about it

I have a major in psychology though.

You should write your own blog, not sure if it helps with depression, but it stops you from shitting up this board even further.

Well it says a lot about what thats worth then, you were thought to recite not to think.

bruh whatever is up with my brain isn't normal. Not OP (I made the ij post) but like it's literally been an inexplicable yet static and familiar misery that overwhelms everything for as long as I can remember. My mind feels like an autoclave only instead of no emotions its just set to misery. A tangibly negative emotion that I'm powerless in resisting, as I've learned, regardless of how well I do deal with it or how happy or otherwise my life situation is.

More than anything it's just frustrating by this point. Explicit suicidality is daily, I've gotten used to starting and ending every day with pretty much hours of suicidal thought not present for any apparent reason. Bawling in my room is daily. And I'm hoestly ashamed of it.

You may be somewhat right though, meds haven't helped at all.

you're not going to win my affection that way.

>What a better way to feel depressed than to surround yourself with people who agree with all your negative thoughts.
So you'll surround yourself with books that agree with all your negative thoughts?

Use whatever words you like. The bottom line is, if you regularly post on Veeky Forums, you are behaviorally dysfunctional and have lost at life.

>lost at life
>implying there's winning in life

When I had depression I couldn't read. Just be thankful you can.

Nice coping strategy, shut-in.

Hey I agree with you, I'm working on it, I have plans for getting out of this routine but they take time

>Wide Sargasso
Holy fuck, that book made me physically ill for an entire weekend

Well of course not. How can depression be real if our minds aren't real?

I just read Hunger, and it's far from depressing. Rather, it's thoroughly manic and exhilerating.

I have treatment resistant depression, I find it increasingly difficult to read in general. Often, the mental energy and concentration is just not there. It has also become increasingly difficult to extract pleasure from the things I read.

It's a bit of a shame, because it was once my primary past-time.

If you're interested in finding out about the psychiatry scam regarding the sales of neuroleptics aka psychopharmaceutical, I can recommend you a book. If you're not ready to face the music, just take your time.

P/s: I want to kill myself daily too, but only because I'm a coward who has yet to learn how to stand against the suffering of life.