You can never despise a country once you enjoy its literature

>You can never despise a country once you enjoy its literature.

Do you think there is any truth to this statement?

No. In fact it's the opposite when the only good literature is from a previous age. Countries that have gone through revolutions and 'cleansed' themselves of authors, are worth despising.

I don't think so, it just lead you to despising it better

All books by Russian authors I have read have been good, but I don't like Russia one bit. So for my part, the statement isn't true.

I am anarcheSt despise all countries fuck dead cops

> Countries that have gone through revolutions and 'cleansed' themselves of authors, are worth despising.

So basically like America

That's a good one, I think I'll go with: What is France? Or wait, shit: What is Germany?

Why the hell would you despise a country? The fuck is wrong with you

What the fuck is up with this image?

Aren't both of those countries, especially Germany, leading countries in contemporary lit?

I hate ancient Greece but I like their literature. Disproved.

What? That chart is clearly not a writer.

I agree. I wonder if it even can write.

I enjoy American literature, yet despise America. So, no.

I still despise modern day Russia. Though I suppose that there is such a large difference between the state as we know it today and that state in which the canon was first penned. If only I could have been alive during the days of the great empires.

I despise Armenia. Armenia = mendacious cockroach. Turkey great ally

Do not slander Turkish Nation. Great alley. I am american patriot.

>using adjectives
plebbiest of plebs

TIDF pls go

I don't "hate" or "despise" much of anything, but there are huge portions of the population, and entire countries that could simply cease to exist and nothing of value to me would be lost. I prefer to live and let live, because I benefit from stability and the rule of law, but I don't need people to cooperate with me for me to be happy, I simply need them to not interfere.