So I want to sell mini donuts using one of those donut making machines I want them to be pretty basic just cinnamon and...

So I want to sell mini donuts using one of those donut making machines I want them to be pretty basic just cinnamon and sugar or powdered sugar or plain, I also want to sell basic coffee and do all of this out of a mobile food trailer. Is this a good idea? Also what makes a good donut? I've heard frying in Crisco is one thing. Should I go with potato flour or regular flour?

Mini donuts are my favourite beach snack after corn
I have never seen them anywhere else

I agree they are pretty good. I had a dream that I was selling mini donuts at a fair and it seemed like the perfect idea.

>is this a good idea
Depends on your location. It's definitely a good idea, but it may or may not be profitable for you. Your best bet is finding a good corner in a big city, or knowing a good route. Also. Diversify your menu.

You should sell them by the bucket full
the minimum would be about 12 donuts

yeah I was thinking about selling them by the sack full.

I got your sack-full right here

I can't vouch as to how successful they were, but in Chicago I once patronized a truck that offered a service very similar to what you're proposing, and they were the best donuts I've ever had.

yeah I need to come up with a good recipe.

Make it a drive-thru

Yeah if I could find a good location that would probably be ideal although I think I should start out at fairs and see if they sell.

>What makes a good donut?

Fresh. If you can serve them right out of the frier while they are still hot on the inside and crispy on the outside, you will make a damn fine product.

>drive-thru mini-donut food truck
Do it on the highway while you're at it, in the slow lane

Try it at a farmers market or local festival first.
Start off simple. Just donuts and coffee. If it's successful, then you can branch out to more flavors or different products.
Think about your profits. I'd say the average person would be willing to buy a sack of mini donuts for $5-6. You can charge more at farmers markets and food truck events.
Look up simple recipes online. Maybe try two different recipes and see which one people like more.
Free samples are your friend.

Good luck user.

Thanks

donuts are disgusting. sell yogurt in big Styrofoam cups. And have all sorts of flavorings, including sugar free flavorings (using artificial sweeteners). A nice big cool cup of yogurt is just what everyone needs.

> Is this a good idea?
Do the research and find out. You need to see if you can create a market (of if there's a market already) for such a thing wherever you want to put your business.
For example, I owned a food cart years ago when I was at university. I noticed that the local farmer's market had a want for places selling prepared food that could be eaten then and there rather than like pies and shit to be eaten at home. There were a few, but unsurprisingly. they were mostly white girls selling vegan cupcakes and shit like that. Nothing substantial, really. So I started a sandwich cart and made a pretty penny doing it.

See if your area needs mini donuts or see if you can create a need for them, then fill that need. Or, if in your research you stumble across another untapped niche, do that instead. A friend started a roast chicken shop in the Bronx, even though he wanted to do something else. It's been so long ago now that I've forgotten what his original plan was, but he makes a good living on roast chicken.

>Also what makes a good donut?
IMO, not being mini donuts. Mini donuts, particularly those made with those machines you're talking about, are just toroidally shaped cakes. You could open a box of Duncan Hines mix, follow the instructions and wham: """"""""""""donuts."""""""""""

A proper donut is yeast risen.

> Should I go with potato flour or regular flour?
>potato flour donuts
... where are you from? Where I'm from originally, potato donuts are the dominant type but when I tell people about them, they look at me as though I've sprouted an extra head.
As for potato flour or regular, you need regular flour to make donuts. Potato flour can't replace that. Secondly, don't buy potato flour at all. Rather, get potato flakes from literally any supermarket in the Western world and blitz them into powder in the blender yourself. It's the same thing. The difference is that potato flour costs $5/lb. Potato flakes cost $1.61/lb.

Hope this helps.

hi i would like one 'nut-sack please

Don't try doing this in Toronto you will be compared harshly to Tiny Tom Donuts

Although, see what they do to emulate a good product. They sell a dozen in a 20x20cm bag for 6$

I saw em at the farmer's market here in delaware.

>Menu based entirely around sexual euphemisms.

mite b cool

At renningers market in FL that have a guy and woman that sells the donuts at the fleamarket.

They sell a novelty bucket at a higher price but once you own it you can come back and get a refill for cheap.

They sell a dozen for about 3$ and they seem to do really well - their mix isn't the best but when you get them piping hot and fresh it doesn't really matter.

The smell alone will get people interested - so they also roast candies nuts on location which are GOAT. That usually draws people in as well.

Gl OP. Customer service will also get you a reputation quick. Be happy and jolly