Popeyes Mighty Good Fried Chicken was first opened in Arabi, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans in St. Bernard Parish...

Popeyes Mighty Good Fried Chicken was first opened in Arabi, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans in St. Bernard Parish, on June 12, 1972 as "Chicken on the Run"
The restaurant was founded on quality and attention to detail and nothing has changed since the moment they opened their first store.

My friends let me tell you. The moment I took a bite of my first piece of dark meat my life changed. I knew I would never be the same again.

>that flavor
>that crunch
>those spices
>the table side service and clean floors.

Popeye's has changed the restaurant game forever. I encourage you to run, not walk, down to Popeye's today!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8pyW6w5B7Aw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when a popeyes opened down the road from me,I was hurt. I wanted kfc. Only upon eating it did I realize that kfc is trash in comparison to popeyes. i can never go back.

*10ยข has been deposited into your account*

I prefer my chicken Bonafide.

The only way to go.

does anybody else think their tendies have a weird texture?

Yep

Popeye's is super overrated, KFC chicken is at least as good and it has better sides and deals. Mashed potatoes are pretty great at Popeye's though.

>KFC chicken is at least as good
Maybe 30 years ago I can barely remember KFC back in the day, and it was NOWHERE near what it is today. The oil is different, the chicken is TINY, and the chicken is greasy.

If anything KFC chicken have gotten larger and with it the flavor of the meat has gotten worse.

>has better sides
I prefer red beans & rice

My friends let me tell you!

For me it is the Quarter Pounder with cheese, the best fastfood sandwich.

For me it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

popeyes is worst fast food chicken you fag

larger? no way.. At least with my limited experience with KFC lately as I do not eat there. Pigeon-sized pieces

>better sides
No.
Popeyes has dirty rice and best fries.
KFC has poop sides made of poop.
>and deals
Also no.
Popeyes offers a $5.99 8-piece every year every March/April (regular price is $12.99). It's only one day and they don't advertise it heavily, afaik
KFC has no such sale and their 8-piece costs $14.99 (and isn't nearly as good).

Both have shitty, shitty biscuits, though.

what don't you like about it?

>Popeyes has dirty rice and best fries.
don't forget the Jumbalaya

>coasties instantly triggered by any fast food which originated outside of their precious insanely expensive and overpopulated urban shitholes

every time

Church's chicken is just as good, if not better. And to back up my claim I would call your attention to all the NIGGERS who stand around the parking lot at Church's

youtube.com/watch?v=8pyW6w5B7Aw

Fuck. I hate black people even more now. Thanks.

Everytime I go to the local Popeye's, they are out of red beans and rice, it doesn't matter if it is 2 in the afternoon or 8 at night. I think they just refuse to make it.

>jambalaya
Since when?

I don't like their red beans and rice, but my mother goes nutsoid for them. The first time she came to visit me here in the US (foreigners love Popeyes, by the way), she and my dad spent two weeks at my place. I took them to Popeyes once and she went back at least another three times on her own to get red beans and rice. The large ones. Which she ate, all on her own.

Each time she's been back to visit, the first thing she does when I get her, my dad and their things into the car is ask to go to Popeyes.

I tried one of these a while ago since I wasn't aware they were even available in my country. I always just assumed it was US only, I guess.
What an utterly boring burger.

TRYNA FEED MAH KEEDZ

>Since when?
WTF?

pic related.

I like Popeyes, I think they're one of the better fried chicken chains. However, every time I have Popeyes it gives me loose stools the next day. I eat lots of spicy foods and have a varied diet so I think my guts are up to the challenge, but theres something else about Popeyes that makes my guts say "No need to form a log. This stuff is going to be sent out the butthole posthaste!"

I went to a Popeyes and got the two piece box thing with two sides. I looked up at the menu to see which two sides I should choose and I saw macaroni and cheese in a big photo advertising it. I asked for green beans and macaroni and cheese. They said they don't serve or have macaroni and cheese. I pointed to their menu and showed the cashier the macaroni and cheese picture which took up almost a whole display case on it's own to advertise it. I was then informed it was only a photo to show their food and they don't serve it. I replied, if it's a photo to show YOUR FOOD, wouldn't that mean you do have it? She obviously did not understand because she just kept staring and I kept staring back at her waiting for her to respond. Then I heard someone on the drive through speaker ask for macaroni and cheese. The drive through guy asked if that was it and gave him his total and told him to drive forward. I then asked her, if you don't have macaroni and cheese then how did that drive through customer just order it as a side without any issue? She said hold on and went to get her manager. The manager walks up and asks if she could help me. I said yes I would like one of my two sides to be macaroni and cheese. She said okay what is the problem? The manager looked at the cashier oddly and I just said forget it I will go to KFC and left. I've never actually gotten to try Popeyes chicken yet.

Haven't been to Pope Yes in about a year, but I've never seen jambalaya at the ones in my area. I'll go sometime this week or next and see if they have it. I always just get dirty rice because it's fucking delicious.

Your story is not true. It's not possible for a human to be that dumb

>My friends let me tell you. The moment I took a bite of my first piece of dark meat my life changed. I knew I would never be the same again.

Cuck.

Also chicken is white meat you fucking idiot.

It is true.

I also once ordered a double cheeseburger plain just meat and cheese at a Hardees. I got my order and it was a bun with absolutely nothing but a single slice of cheese on it. I took it back up and said it was missing the hamburger patties and she said I asked for it plain so she took the patties off on the computer for me. I got a bun and a single slice of cheese as my double cheeseburger. I had to talk to the manager to get it fixed and she asked the cashier why I would order a DOUBLE cheese burger if I only wanted a single slice of cheese on it. They fixed my order and I went on my way. People ARE that dumb.

>People ARE that dumb.

The are millions of them voting for Hillary

I've had similar expriences.

No chicken? Or dey juz outta chicken?

I have lived in Mandeville, Louisiana all my life. I have never tried or even seen a KFC.

I believe it's true. Here's my yelp review of my local popeyes

Every single time ordering through the drive thru is like pulling teeth. Here's how it went this time:

Me: 3 wing combo, spicy please
Popeyes: You want a 3 wing combo?
Me: Yes
Popeyes: Regular or spicy?
Me: Spicy
P: What you wanna drink?
Me: Unsweet iced tea
P: Sweet tea?
Me: No, unsweet tea
P: Unsweet tea?
Me: Yes, unsweet (they gave me sweet tea, after all of this)
P: Side?
Me: Mashed potatoes
P: Mashed potatoes?
P: 3 wing combo with mashed potatoes and uuuuhhhhhhhhh.....
Me: Unsweet tea please
P: (long silence)
Me: Hello?
P: $6.52 first window
Me: Can I order something else?
P: You wanna order something else?
P: What do you want?
Me: One order of fries
P: Order of fries?
P: Cajun fries?
Me: Yes (they only have one kind of french fries)
P: And you had the 3 wing combo too?
P: And what was the side on the combo?
Me: Mashed potatoes
P: Mashed potatoes?
P: (long silence)
Me: Hello?
P: $8.64
Me: I wasn't finished ordering
P: You wanna order more?
Me: Nevermind

I'm glad to see that this location no longer displays the "Popeyes Certified Training Location" sign because these are the LAST people you would want training other employees.

They are required to do that just in case they don't mess your order up and you freakout that your order was messed up.

I know they are supposed to repeat the order back to you, but there's a correct way to do that and this is not it. They should wait until the very end, then repeat the whole order back. And what's the point if they STILL fuck it up like with the sweet/unsweet tea? And why are you trying to defend or justify popeye's?

I am not trying to defend Popeyes, I meant maybe thats what they do at that Popeyes. I have had bad experiences and good experiences with Popeyes

1) I'm not sure I've ever seen a Popeyes with a drive-thru.
2) I don't ever use drive-thrus, anyway.
I dunno what it is. Maybe the opposite of autism, if there could be such a thing, or a sort of autism itself, but whatever it is, I might have it: I detest disembodied voices. Fucking hate them. I have difficulty understanding what the fuck they're saying. It's the weirdest thing. Maybe I'm hard of hearing and am subconsciously reading lips whenever I talk to people. I don't know. All I do know, however, is that I don't like talking on the phone and can't stand using the drive-thru.

Any time I eat fast food, I drive up, park the car, get out, go in, order food and /eat it there/. Occasionally, I take it to go, and when I do, I seldom eat in the car, typically waiting until I get home or wherever.

I'm pretty sure that's just regular autism and not reverse-autism. I like to /eatinside/ also but only if it's clean and nice

>blacks
>people

I just had it for lunch for the first time ever. Got the $5 box with fries and Mac and cheese. I got a breast and wing with it and it was not good. The chicken was just a grease filled chicken. The chicken was alright but way too greasy compared to other places and their fries sucked. Their Mac and cheese wasn't bad though, I had all that with powerade and shit my brains later

Im eatign a 5 piece tender combo right now actually.

Theyre pretty good as far as fast food chicken goes. The fries are greasy af but taste good

I like to dip them in their blackened ranch

leave Popeyes to me

Who 3 piece spicy dark here? Tendies are great but I prefer bone in chicken

I don't find the spicy as flavourful as the mild so I don't get it. Instead, I dip my chicken in either pic related, mayonnaise or pic related mixed with mayonnaise.

Interesting. I can't remember if I've ever gotten mild, I don't know what it tastes like. Next time I'll try it though, might be better. I know I prefer original chick fil a over spicy. Not because I don't like spicy food, I just think the original has a better recipe and flavor.

The only good thing to come out of KFC is the buffet, and that's on the other side of town from me now. Popeyes all the way.

fried chicken and malt liquor, you're a nigger aren't you?

Jesus christ. Are those the leftover scraps or did you actually pay money for that shitty looking piece of "chicken".

I bet you've never seen indoor plumbing or a town with more than two intersections before, either.

Tried the three piece chicken tender combo at a mall in New Jersey just the other Friday (?). Thankfully I know better than to eat that garbage now. The chicken was dry, the biscuit straight up hella disgusting, and the breading was just mediocre.

Coleslaw & fries weren't bad though.

The KFC in my area are run by pajeet. I get sick every time I go there. Popeye's near me is run by black and spanish

the problem that i have with the tenders is not the breading
the chicken itself has this like..rubbery slippery texture
its weird and extremely hard to eat more than one for me

....you win, marketing intern. I actually drove to my nearest Popeyes location and got the 2pcs mixed $5 big box. Got the spicy breaded white meat with cajun rice and mashed potatoes. Tbh I'd rather have a drink than 2 sides but I guess then it'd be the same as kfc's $5 deal.

I've heard a lot of people saying that if you're white and go to a kfc or popeyes in a nigger hood area that they give you the worst pieces to keep you from coming back.

what's the point in a drink? I have dozens of drinks at home that are probably better. I like how you have the option of getting a drink at Popeyes for their meal boxes. Opting out of a drink saves over a dollar.

>malt liquor
Turbo bigger detected

I'd rather have a diet coke than shove a second processed side down my throat.

Do you know how stupid you sound right now? Just take some time and think.

Actually, Mandeville is a nice city. We have plumbing and multiple intersections

I know the entire family and am friends with the granddaughter

Mandeville is a shithole and is in a realestate surplus due to overeager investment in the market post Katrina.

T. I worked in credit analysis

I like Brother's better but maybe that's because I only eat fried chicken after midnight and they also sell liquor. When I'm broke, I can always get like a pound of fried livers for $2, makes up for their garbage fries.

Have you fucked her? If you know what I mean?

Actually she is trash. The whole family made a bunch of money, but they live in the suburbs of a historic city. They all are orange Italians and live gaudy lifestyles. Not even the cool gaudy where you have a gold wrapped Ferrari or some bullshit. She went to an average catholic school instead of the best one (they have money for it). The family oozes of too much money and too little class.

It is. My mom works at Mauti Marideth Scoggin and her boss Skip Scoggin is a millionaire off of it

Its nicer than NOLA though.

Uptown is infinitely nicer. It's why our property value is north of $500,000, while the northshore can hardly crack $200,000. Add a 1-2hour commute to the city of New Orleans for anything you need/enjoy.

How long until some MBA fuck heads come and turn Popeyes to shit like they did with KFC.

I still think the spice blend and skin of the chicken at KFC is way better than Popeyes, but the actual chicken is total shit and everything else at Popeyes is better except for maybe the biscuits

The one in my old white home town is awful.

You pull your car up and sit there for 5 to 10 minuets with no one talking to you.

I get that can happen sometimes but every time I go? That's ridiculous. They even pull that shit when you're the only one there. Half the time I think they are getting robbed or some shit.

Churches a best

the blackened tendies are the best. it's too bad they take for fucking ever to make.

>My friends let me tell you.

every time

Their chicken is much better than KFC. But KFC has the better sides.