LITERARY SELF PROMOTION

LITERARY SELF PROMOTION.
Just uploaded my first ebook to Amazon and optioned in for the KDP Select option that allows me to reach larger markets for 90 days but I have to remain exclusive for that period of time. After that I'll branch out to Smashwords to catch a number of other markets. I have a Twitter, Facebook author page, and Amazon must be linked to goodreads, because it gave me a notification despite not having uploaded there.

So help me out if you can.

What are some other methods of networking to achieve the greatest saturation and get the word out?

Specific YouTube bloggers or book bloggers, review sites with large audiences? I'm taking out a 1/6 page ad in Locus magazine

I posted my book Sunday and word of mouth has moved about 230 copies so far.

Helpful advice appreciated.

>inb4 self publishing, genre fiction

Thanx
:3

Just shitpost it here like that other memester. I'm sure he's rolling in NEETbux by now.

Hey now, John von Dorf is a mememaster, not just a memester.

Jon plz go

I'll have you know I made five dollars off of the internet last month

Aw you got some replies, good for you

No, not that loser. I'm talking about Robitussin Pincushion.

link me bruh

Ok fine. Fuck it. Game on. First user to post a pic of DFW AND a temp email, AND get dubs gets a picture of the full cover and they can share if they want.

Get to rollin

No one cares that much. Either post it or don't. The worst thing that'll happen is someone calls you a fag.

Nigga shut the fuck up, either link ur weakass trashnovel or dont, nobody gives a shit, so stop trying to pull the 'comment and win!' crap

Oh look it's this guy again the 'Oh man I'm finally getting of Veeky Forums you guys can do it too just follow your dreams and you can be as good as me who is getting of Veeky Forums, did I mention I'm leaving Veeky Forums?' Good to see you're back fucko

i'll play for keks

yatixakexi at mswork .ru

Winrar

still waiting for my email fampai

Driving. Hold on. Let me pull over

Shitpost and drive is illegal bud.

It's all yours my friend.

Got it. You don't mind me sharing here?

Do what you like.

If you end up reading it and liking it, throw me a review.

You shouldn't have self-published.

kk. well it's a bit too sci-fi for my taste but i guess having finished+published something is better than what 99% of the folks on this board have done, so good for you

heres the cover in case anyone is interested in reading

>fusion heart
>star epic
God, you must be the least creative SOB to ever post their self-published memebook here.

>Fusion Heart

Is that supposed to be Iron Man fan fiction or something?

J Cole.

Nice

Lol

My sentiments exactly.

Reminds me of Brian from Family Guy's book title "Faster than the Speed of Love"

Wow, surely you guys are speed readers.

>3 dollars
Nope. Should be free. You're probably not that good, but free books get lots of promotion and that might help you get a career turning out your pulp for some low brow publisher. But I'm not paying you until I know you're an established author.

>J
Either print the entire middle name or lose the J altogether.

>Fusion Heart: Star Epic ONE: Book 1
Yuck. Is this bait?

>either print the entire middle name or lose the J altogether
There is literally no reason to do this.

Ill buy it. At that price Ill help yeah out.

>Okie vidya nerd falls in love with Hatsune Miku
Is this an autobiography?

No but I saw a video of her in 2009 and thought it might be a good idea to run with. I had no idea she'd be around this long.

Also, thank you to those Anons who just purchased copies. As an added bonus, the first chapter of the second book is at the end.

Btw, not one person has offered a shred of advice about how to reach larger audiences faster.

Also, book 2 should be good to go in about 90-100 days. The others will follow suit at this predetermined interval

Just shamelessly share it everywhere. Maybe go to a artistic convention and set up a booth.

Lexcon isn't until March. Should release book 4 that weekend

Shill it to your Twitter followers. Make a contest for free copies on your blog. Post it on Facebook. Give us free copies in exchange for honest reviews. Just look it up, user, look it up on a search engine.

Selling it to a publisher would probably have been the best way.

Just curious, how long did it take you to write this, when exactly did you release it, and how much money have you made off it so far?

Book 1, 6 months.
Whole series, 8 years 11 months
Released on Sunday
232 copies sold, so whatever my share of that is. Pretty good considering my promotion has been nil. Outside of my social circles. It'll grow. Putting the price at zero may be the best policy to garner more interest. "The first taste is free" methodology to draw them in to buy the other ten.

Lel, one dude plays and gets it.

Good on you, Gaskun. Godspeed.

Doesn't that just make it the last chapter of the first book?

What are the fucking odds, right? 1/10?
Op delivers

I'm kinda busy right now but I'll come back later and give a FREE COPY of Fusion Heart to every user who gives me an email. I have mobi, ePub and word formats.

How's that?

a free copy? no fucking way!!

What's the catch?

If you like it you leave a decent review on Amazon.

If not, don't buy the second one

sign up on scribophile and look for the self-promotion thread or group, people there share each other's pubs so somebody will surely buy yours. Also, if you're active in the community people will check out your profile, and you can post a link to your book there.

Also congrats, man. I've been following your threads for a while, glad to see you finally got it pubbed.

[email protected]

mobi, please? tyvm

[email protected] for your epub file if you please
I've been watching you from the corner of my eye for a while, it's nice to see you got it where you want it.

Hey, this was the trash-writer who could only respond ´So show me your work!´ when critiqued, and wouldn´t even one exerpt of his work a month ago or so. Pathetic.

On phone at work and done have access to them at the moment. It's 3:35 now and I'm off at 5. I can send about an hour after that.

Have to go, boss is hovering

You're your own boss now.

Yeah, tell him to stuff it. Plebian non-authors will no longer keep your literary growth in chains.

You're the man now dog

are you the same Gaskun from the lit chat? either way, good luck wish you lots of success.

Yup did you catch the live feeds to the liquer stores, sex shops, and discos?

[email protected]

Epub would be superb.

is this the real gaskun, the guy with like an 11 book spaceopera?
What's this about hatsune miku?

>Thanx :3
Faaaaaaaaggot

Yo I still haven't got that Buddha statue to promised me

Is that you? Holy shit I have that thing in my car to send to you. Email me back on the yahoo address I used to talk to you to remind me of your Texas address and I'll send it. My bad.

What is it your referencing? Is that a name of a book someone self-published?

Just emailed you.

[email protected]

Congrats dude, hopefully soon I can share my own work here.

Format?

I'll take mobi, thanks

Op delivers.

Free books sent. Anyone else want a copy? Leave an email with preference of ePub or mobi before this thread dies and I'll send it along.

gave u 5* on my troll goodreads good luck breh

[email protected]

mobi pls

Sorry Pumpanon, are you a carpenter now? The fuck is wrong with you, you were living the dream.

It's this one spammer here who shitposted this 8 page book called Tao Lin on a Tricycle.

I saw Andrew Cole in a grocery store in New York yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Gas-kun trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Didn't know john dorf was a meme though. I remember, like six months past the guy reluctantly linked it in a critique thread or something. Only occasionally saw it referenced in passing here. I read the first half, it's pretty alright, very relatable, but I hated the narrator so intensely that I couldn't finish the book

>gave u 5*
this is why gaskun is a shitty writer

gave joyce 5* on my goodreads now he is a bad writer
I AM A GOD

youre not funny

He didn't need your help.

Everyone who posts their actual shit here is a meme.

[email protected]

mobi. or epub

[email protected]

ePub

thanks pal, good luck

Sorry man, can't afford it right now. Saving up for a trip to Chicago with my family, but I honestly wish you the best of luck dude. You've gotten more done than half the fags on this board have, so congrats.

> 3$

>three dollars that can go to a deep dish pizza, ever had one? fucking fantastic.

[email protected]

epub or pdf please

>i guess having finished+published something is better than what 99% of the folks on this board have done
>You've gotten more done than half the fags on this board have
Why do you fags keep saying this? Literally none of the shit posted people who've "actually done" these sorts things here is good. Shut the fuck up with this bullshit.

give me an email and ill send you a copy. epub or mobi (kindle)?

You don't need to be a speed reader to see the title. And from what he's said about it before it's the most derivative thing ever. He made a bunch of really autistic posts about how it was breaking bad "meets" ____ "meets" like 5 other things.

youre describing the second series. "breaking bad meets moby dick meets intersteller with the armor of Dead Space. not the same thing

Whatever, fag.

>why do you fags keep saying this
Cause it's fucking true. A majority of the people on this board have not done jack shit, and then give other writers shit for actually trying to make something. At least this dude is trying to become a better writer wrather than writhe in his own ego and pretend that not contributing anything is better than contributing something mediocre.

So you're seriously going to sit there and tell me that even shit like pic related is "better than nothing"? Fuck off.

Yes I am. Do you know why? We can critique shit. We can look at a pile of dog shit and say "This isn't a novel, don't do this when making a novel". So maybe in a year we can bring up OP fucking up on a sci fi novel, and what not to do. You can't critique nothing.

No, S.E.Two is already underway.
These are the notes for the whole series.
I'm 50 pages into book 1: "I, Engineer"

>windows 10
>all those autistic papers
>Roberto Memehas's book as shitposted in this thread visible on your screen
kys, smhtbhfam.

what's the quickest way to turn prose into cold hard cash? im very hungry and very good at describing things

Sending it into your agent, of course.

Got the email, bro. thanks.

Write 20 page ebooks on Amazon about Trillionaire CIA agents rimming ordinary midwestern housewives. Also pay for someone to make you "professional" looking covers for those, since the cover is really what sells that sort of shit.

>pay
did you miss the part where im broke
surely I can conjure up some contrived bullshit and sell it to hipsters and idiots right?

No, unfortunately. Those people are followers and care more about how well known an author is than what they wrote. Beg for change if you have to for the cover fee, but it's the surest way to make money writing these days.

Hey dude, good for you- keep on writing, you can only get better