What's a truly disturbing book? I don't mean like some gore fest...

what's a truly disturbing book? I don't mean like some gore fest, or just saying things in a way that's designed to evoke disgust. I mean like kafka, a book that makes you face a reality you may not enjoy, except I am looking for a book that says things that are so difficult to handle, it may leave you feeling very depressed.

Any self-published book, especially ones spammed here like gasautist's and that other guy's. In that it's disgusting that they're "books".

lol

The Painted Bird

bump

De Sade's 120 Days Of Sodom, especially the ending.

Gotta work on those burns man.

King Lear and Naked Lunch come to mind.

>unfinished work
>especially the ending
no shit, it really picks up after all those chapter sketches
Willard and His Bowling Trophies

Frankenstein

I'll just say that the monster is an amazing character.

delete this

Best recommendations in this thread. The Beats got disturbing down pat, they don't act like it, but they're the generation that lived through WWII and it shows in their writing.

>kafka
> book that makes you face a reality

I'm guessing I didn't get it right in your opinion.

Thomas Ligotti's "The Conspiracy Against the Human Race".

The monster was an emotionally unstable faggot. I'm surprised it wanted a woman monster considering how much estrogen already resonated from his gay ass.

kek'd and check'd

What is this image?

>King Lear

my nigga

Wise Blood by Flannery O'connor for The overwhelming sense of confusion and loneliness from Hazel Motes' character. (O'connor's Short Stories are pretty disturbing too)
The Room by Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn and Requiem for a dream as well.)'
Anything by Houllebecq

requiem for a dream

Blood Meridian.

Not an ounce of joy in that book, just a crushing reminder of human savagery.

definitely
drags you out, much more so than the movie

watch out for the prose tho, all 70's slang and it all runs together, no punctuation

You mean just a tortillic example of YeCarthy's Corncobbery.

S.: A Novel About the Balkans by Slavenka Draculić

how does suttree compare to blood meridian?

They're both shit, like everything else by YeCarthy.

I swear to god I want to break your fucking face

Nothing you do now or ever in your entire lifetime will be remembered 200 years after your death, and by that point you will be a stain on some family tree or some blip in a census. I hope you recognize how sad and insignificant you are a human being and how low you are as a person.

Take your own life now, I am not trying to offend you. This is a genuine plea and a sincere piece of advice: you need to find a quick and painless way of putting your animation to an end and you need to do it very soon.

For everyone's sake.

t. inserts corncob into prostate, jerks off with greased tortilla

Do these posts come with a free katana?

*teleports into your mind*
>you think this is a joke?
*gives the back of your eyelids butterfly kisses*

Blasted and 4.48 Psychosis by Sarah Kane are both pretty fucked up.

I remember a scene from Walter Kirn's Thumbsucker that always stuck with me, too. The narrator visits the home of a young stoner couple. They're all smoking pot in the living room when the narrator hears a baby crying. The parents pull a shoebox down from the bedroom closet and open the box to reveal a small, gray, emaciated infant. The parents breathe pot smoke over the baby until it falls back to sleep, then put it back in the closet.

Really fucked me up, that scene.

>Blasted and 4.48 Psychosis by Sarah Kane are both pretty fucked up.
I saw that one thread about her a few months back. I have no idea how anyone would be disturbed by Blasted rather than laughing at how tryhard and retarded it is with all its rape and dead baby eating bullshit.

In traditional Catholic mass, the priest administers the Eucharist directly to a person. You can still see old people getting it this way if you go to any roman catholic church today.

In this picture some edgy artist sexualized these girls as a suave political commentary

The violence served an allegorical purpose, you vulgar shit.

If you're not going to even bother researching In-Yer-Face or experimental contemporary British plays, keep your puerile opinions to yourself.

My cock served an allegorical purpose when I thrust it into your mum's anus.

Pleb coming through

I found The Road upsetting. The Island of Dr. Moreau also.

In the nonfiction category, King Leopold's Ghost and Under the Banner of Heaven

Fucking epic meme post

I love that reaction image, and the meme arrows are worth a thousand words. You're number one

Really? Brautigan wrote something disturbing? I was just thinking to pick that up for my next 'comfy' read.

Forgot to ask: disturbing in what way?

Hogg.

Infinite Jest and the Bible

Literally 1984