Are people becoming more and more conscious? This question has been bothering me

Are people becoming more and more conscious? This question has been bothering me

We are woke

No but I'm becoming more and more depressed

I define consciousness as being intelligence, so yes.

was this bait?

nope

kek
You get that impression because everyone has their Tumblr and other internet outlets to spew their mind garbage that humans in past millennia had to bottle up inside of them for lack of broadcasting method and attention whore doctrine.

Don't you meant "having intelligence"? Isn't it kind of ironic that you made a grammar mistake in a statement about people being more intelligent, and therefor more conscious?

No, that wasn't a grammatical error I literally meant; consciousness is intelligence.

We don't become more or less intelligent
Only our collective knowledge increases
And fuck your fortune cookie philosophy shit

>collective knowledge
>implying this doesn't increase the consciousness of humanity as a race

consciousness is merely being awake and aware. don't ascribe mythical importance to it. ancient people where far less knowledgeable but weren't any less aware of themselves.

Only this.

What I'm saying is that consciousness is in degrees, and through knowledge one can raise their consciousness.

For example, we're more "conscious" of the mechanisms of the universe, and in that way we are much more aware, not only of ourselves, but our existence.

humans only really understand medium objects moving at medium speeds
you can imagine a universe but you can't truly fathom one

>people
No, only men.

So dragonflies, cheetahs, etc creatures that are used to fast-moving things, are better suited to understand something like an aeroplane or a rocket? You must be joking

I've been wondering this too.
I don't think it's genetic/somatic, it's mostly because of the shared knowledge, which allows you to realize a number of things that would not be possible otherwise.

At least personally I made a huge leap in the amount of conscious understanding when I was 22.

there isn't a "collective" consciousness unless you're a buddhist or something. Consciousness is the awareness of a single intelligence, not some abstract metaphysical concept of overall awareness by a group, by that definition why would we not share consciousness with any other lifeforms that might exist in the universe?

I'm not that guy, but I'm pretty sure the order of cognition includes cognitive intelligence BEFORE consciousness. Not all intelligence is before, so some consciousness is intelligent.

Perhaps, if one considers consciousness as something one wakes up with, everyday. Every day our consciousness evolves with respect to society, internet, and anything experiential. Personality is becoming more obvious, so the subject of it is becoming more intelligent, which is an a posteriori cognition as some have discussed already.
that's my two cents.

by medium speed he is referring to not light speed you tool

well we are being more socialy progressive abd pro-multicultural and pro-racemixing nowadays so i have to say yes! :)

Get this pseudo intellect shit out of Veeky Forums