Why were there so many "stupid humor" films like pic related from 2007-2015 or so?

Why were there so many "stupid humor" films like pic related from 2007-2015 or so?

It seems like they've kind of died out now, but does anyone here know what I'm talking about? There was a distinct kind of humor based on acting retarded that kept getting churned out.

Now its worked its way into ico's and blockchain solutions

I want to know if other people felt there was a definite culture switch towards and away from this kind of film too.

that was the shit end of it
braindead lighthearted humor of the 90s
ruined by the war on terrorism and almost a decade of brown "realistic" color schemes
Also shit like netflix tends to have a lower production budget per show, most scripts integrate a hotel room / one camera, obvious one take etc

Yes, i think you are right. New people must simply have shit humour :(

What do you mean?
I'm thinking almost entirely of shit like Will Ferrell's "Land of the Lost"
>Go back in time machine
>Prostitute strippers appear and start fucking everybody
>dude weed and modern day vodka in prehistoric times
It feels like 2007-2015 turned out literally hundreds of this exact same film.

Then it just kind of stopped. Why?

I liked wyan brothers shit was funny nothing like op tho

Opening up of the Multicultural global film market. Stupid shit s funny in other languages too.

I hate Netflix and it is mostly cheap garbage but that's still not exactly what I mean. Movies like Disaster Movie and a lot of Will Ferrell movies sum up exactly what I mean. They aren't low budget, usually, just humorlessly using the same stripper/prostitute/weed jokes over and over again.

Alright so why did it stop? These films were by and large garbage. Shit like "Sex Drive", etc. Just the same sex and weed jokes. Why'd they stop coming out?

Tech prices went low so brown people can make their own hahah funny pee pee movies and social media serves the same cheap laugh sector with Vine and instagram

Disaster movie is terrible and low quality rehashes of what started off as scary movie

wayan bros, some schnieder, most sandler was absolutely terrible but compared to most of whats on offer today can be held as a higher standard (depressing) is the vibe that really started that off from my perspective

will ferrel movies like the others guys, daddys home, old school, these are movies championing a traditional heterosexual perspective for the most part, perhaps it has something to do with the rise of feminism as the current fad, meaning "objectifying" material took a decade off
progressive restrictions like that have fizzled out though, trump and general fatigue etc

Also they didnt stop coming out. Will ferrel still makes movies,a nd there was that Road Trip movie, Growups, Paul Blart. Decidedly more "American" movies vcompared to the cosmopolitan flcik of the 90's/00's

I'm sorry.... have you been in a capsule since 2015?
>Social justice and liberal warriors begin pushing against free speech over feels
>Escalates to the point where someone like Anthony Cumia gets fired over a tweet
>Political correctness starts becoming mainstream
>A candidate for president speaks poorly of immigrants
>Heads explode

TLDR Jokes aren't allowed in mainstream anymore

forgot to thot

SNL washouts paid $20MM to film a movie that brought in $120MM because the average IQ of the world keeps falling.

>2018
>Watching movies

Not even trying to signal. It's rare I watch anything.I already get more entertainment and spend too much time online. I seriously don't have the patience for most movies.

Then there's the ethnic/political factor and I have zero desire to watch shit

Kind of, yeah. Things like Paul Blart feel more like the lighthearted and not very funny comedies of the 90s, though, as opposed to Will Ferrell's brand of humor, I guess.
Anyway thanks for the thread Veeky Forums.

What do you find funny in terms of tv / streaming?

It started with scream

you can't make jokes anymore user, haven't you heard? In America the SJW's and their butt buddy's in Hollywood completely got rid of jokes, ESPECIALLY at someone else's expense. Now every movie/tv show has to be everything all the time. Every race, every gender (if you believe in such a thing outside of the acceptable 2), sexuality, everyone needs to be represented so its fair...fucking sensitive morons ruining everyday life, thank god for DT

random xD humor died in the late 00s-early 10s

why not just watch 1920s german expressionism or old shit in general its waaaaaay better. and free. Theres a ton out there and that way you arent a victim to what (((they))) are feeding you.

this. golden era video games/movies. Don't settle for modernist crap.