So, since someone posted a picture of a mirror glaze donut in that stupid chinese food thread, my interest is piqued...

So, since someone posted a picture of a mirror glaze donut in that stupid chinese food thread, my interest is piqued. What's the verdict on mirror glazed pastries? Do they taste as good as they look?

Other urls found in this thread:

sugar.org/sugar-basics-2/food-labeling/labeling-terms/
exsugarholic.com/2013/06/30/using-dextrose-glucose-in-cooking-and-baking/
confectionperfection.co.uk/tutorials/tutorial/different-types-of-icing
instagram.com/p/BI2tgpbjwTF/
youtube.com/watch?v=pZhV63pkDBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anal sex

Yup. You can really taste the shine!

I don't know, but that's the sexiest donut I have ever seen.

It's like eating an apple store.

It does resemble a prolapse anus.

This.

i can't imagine the glaze takes any less than 8 months off your lifespan per bite

They taste as good as you let them
I'm sure there are garbage ones that taste like crap because all they wanted was a pretty donut
and I'm equally sure there are amazing ones because if they were to take the time to make it look visually appealing, they would have already had the taste down properly

all in all, taste isn't the main thing that makes those appealing, but even then, they probably taste pretty good
because donuts are generally pretty good

No. Pure sugar and glucose

Is it anything like the coating on candy apples? That's what it looks like, and that would be fucking disgusting.

Wow, sugar AND glucose?

Those bastards. It's like the greedy soda companies use carbonation and pressurized carbon dioxide.

>pure sugar and glucose

Do pretzels taste like pure salt and sodium chloride?

kek

>sodium chloride
No way. That's too scary sounding to put in pretzels.

The FDA defines "sugar", as an ingredient, as sucrose or a sucrose-based sweetener.

What is glucose then?

Lmao it has hemorrhoids.

Literally retarded

Obviously you're just a moron who still doesn't get it.

Glucose is a type of sugar. It's like saying, "god that meat was filled with fat and lipids!" Still too complicate for you? Would you insist your chocolate milk had too much chocolate and sweetened cocoa?

It's a sugar. Not disputing that.

But "sugar" as a listed ingredient is strictly sucrose. That's why HFCS is technically a sugar, but never listed as "sugar" on packaging.

>glucose isn't a sugar, I swear guys! Look I'll post twice but far enough apart that you'll think someone agrees with me

Your smug superiority is giving me an erection, please continue.

For the record, it's more like saying "This meatloaf contains pork and beef" and then some pedantic fuck like you comes along and screeches about how "IT'S ALL JUST MEAT, IT'S THE SAME THING".

>I swear, when I said "pure sugar and glucose" I meant from the perspective of the FDA

except it literally isn't you fucking retard, pork and beef taste completely different, glucose and sucrose do not

>"This meatloaf contains pork and beef"
You truly are a fucking idiot. Pork is swine. Beef is cattle.

Glucose is a type of sugar. I'll fix your analogy, what you said is like: "This meatloaf contains cow and ground beef!"

I never said that glucose wasn't a sugar lol. You redittors really want not to be confused.

Methanol and ethanol are both alcohol. Does that mean they're literally the same too?

LITERALLY retarded

then why in god's name would you go out of your way to say "glucose and sugar" you neanderthal

you wouldn't consume both methanol and ethanol at the same time (if you weren't being poisoned or aren't retarded), false equivalency
so glucose and sucrose have discernibly different flavors?

sugar.org/sugar-basics-2/food-labeling/labeling-terms/

FDA doesn't define sugars as sucrose so your lame ass excuse was a lie.

Also, nice false equivalency. We aren't comparing two types of sugar. We're laughing at you for implying glucose wasn't a sugar, like we'd laugh at someone who implied Voda wasn't an alcoholic beverage.

>FDA specifically defines the term sugar whenever it is listed in an ingredient statement. FDA restricts use of the term sugar to sucrose which is obtained from sugar cane or sugar beets. Sugar (sucrose) is included in the term “sugars” listed in the NFP.
did you even read your own link

Sugars vs. sugar.

What?

Of course the FDA doesn't define all sugars as sucrose. Nobody said that, you clown.

Look I'm getting tired of you, you're obviously an idiot so I'm just going to go back to your original complaint of sugar and glucose.

I'll assume you weren't being retarded and instead were being autistic and wanted to use the term sugar like an FDA pencil pusher as a way of saying sucrose. So too much sucrose and glucose.

Okay. Except you're still fucking wrong, retard. Glucose only exists in the blood of animals. It's commonly known as blood sugar. It doesn't exist in pastries.

Once again, kill yourself. And before you fucking try to bring up fructose, that sugar is reserved for fucking plants.

This triggers the redditor

>Glucose only exists in the blood of animals
My proof has superman on the box. Does your shitty-ass post have superman on it? I didn't think so. Checkmate, reddit.

>i-i meant glucose powder, serious!

And what's the main ingredient in glucose powder, superman-less faggot?

starch?

>Do they taste as good as they look?
Irony is that when food tastes so good you can't help but close your eyes and let yourself be consumed by your taste senses. Then you're not looking at the food.
Simple!

I'm afraid not, champ.

No, it is starch. I really don't understand why you can't just admit you're wrong on an anonymous mongolian fletching board.

What you mean to say, I think, is corn syrup. Which we all know is bad for you. Man uses a chemical reactions to isolate glucose then compound it into a powder which can then be made into a syrup.

But calling corn syrup "glucose" and sucrose "sugar" and losing your shit when people don't understand what you meant by terms only you're using is ridiculous. One moment you're using an FDA term, next moment you're not using the FDA term (corn syrup) but using your own term.

This is called autism, and, for one of the few times on this board, I can say without a doubt you have it. Look into it.

You know that's not even really superman, right?
That's some knock-off Indian shit with a fucked up logo.

No, it is not. It's powdered glucose. That's why it's called glucose powder, genius.

>powdered glucose
That's like saying powdered water. Glucose is a molecule. You can't simply just powder molecules.

exsugarholic.com/2013/06/30/using-dextrose-glucose-in-cooking-and-baking/
>The full name is dextrose monohydrate and it is a simple sugar generated from the hydrolysis of starch, most commonly corn. The corn starch is treated with naturally occurring enzymes (they same as in our mouths) or acid. There is no way around the fact that this is a processed product, but at least it simulates natural occurrences (when we eat starch, it’s hydrolyzed by enzymes and broken down further by stomach acids to for example dextrose).

Glucose powder is not powdered glucose no more than baking soda is baked soda.

>it is a simple sugar generated from the hydrolysis of starch, most commonly corn. The corn starch is treated with naturally occurring enzymes (they same as in our mouths) or acid
This is literally the process for refining starch into glucose. Powdered glucose is literally glucose. What the fuck is wrong with your brain? You think because it's refined from starch, it's still starch?

The problem is I can't seem to match your own definitions for words. Every time I think I understand how you process things you baffle me by rejecting reality and substituting it with your own.

Glucose powder isn't powdered glucose. Nobody calls corn syrup glucose. Nobody, when saying too much sugar! Means sucrose. Nobody, except you apparently. And all attempts to show you what normal people say or what reality is have failed.

Enjoy your autism. Enjoy your pretzels with too much salt and sodium chloride.

allow me to let you in on something here, user:

you've been arguing with at least 3 different people over the course of this, that's why you're going in circles arguing ever-shifting boundaries

welcome to anonymous posting, look forwards to more in the future

No, I been here for a decade. That's definitely one person.

alright if it helps you feel less confused

this geeks

y'all are fuckin stupid

Complete with the herpes pustules

not really. the glaze is gelatin and condensed milk. it's really not that great. the cake itself needs to be cold too.

Underrated post

I have no reason to believe mirror cakes and doughnuts taste as good as they appear. The glaze is mostly flavoring and agar. So unless the cake itself tastes good I can't imagine it being not so far off from something the majority of people have tasted before.
I just thought people liked this for the aesthetic, like japanese water cakes even though everyone knows these don't taste like much either but are pretty to look at.

I came here to learn about this donut.

I'm learning the difference between glucose, sucrose, and sugar all over again.

fuck you guys, what does this taste like!

Thanks mom

I was thinking this too, i don't like the idea of jello made with pig bones, so i dont like the jelly cakes thing, but this seems like it would be a different texture...or could be...i hope so

Mary Berry said blue mirror glazes never really work

Are these mirror glazed donuts, gang?

>everyone knows these don't taste like much either

I've never had water cake, but I have had other Japanese agar desserts that were delicious. I don't see why water cake wouldn't also be.

Agar has a different texture than bone gelatin. It''s firmer, and it sort of 'snaps' when you bite it. You might like it. I like both agar and gelatin!

all look

Lel

>h-haha I'll just laugh it off to smooth everything over
Kill yourself.

Can yall just post more sexy latex doughnut pics?

Obviously not. It's just a new technique everyone's excited about, like color changing food or sous vide.

Cake related(I have a big urge to learn dessert recipes). I'm having trouble finding this particular confectionery. It's a sugar/syrup that is often used as decoration. It goes hard so it's often used to make interesting shapes.
I have no idea what it's called.

Bump

post a picture of it

If I had a picture I'd probably be able to find it by now. All I can do is sorta describe it to the best of my ability.

I found it in the end. It was just caramelised sugar.

Royal icing?
confectionperfection.co.uk/tutorials/tutorial/different-types-of-icing

are those grapes? That's a massive fucking doughnut

This thread went downhill so fast, I thought this thread was for fucking donuts

Currants.

>Veeky Forums - chemistry

It's beautiful!
Is is vegan?

>Bones are icky
Please tell me this is just an aversion to it being in sweet, pastry sort of things, which is still fucking stupid, but ever so slightly more understandable.

>vegan
>trip

I mirror glazed your mothers donut in that stupid chinese food bed

>he doesn't know rosebot
newfag, plz

welcome back. how's our favourite honey-glazed hamplanet?

>You can't simply just powder molecules
You're fucking retarded.

:'-D t.thanks for remembering me
I'm less hammy, more squatty
vegan!

This is the baker of these shiny donuts
instagram.com/p/BI2tgpbjwTF/

Wut

why do they look so shit???

Mirror glaze should definitely not have condensed milk as an ingredient. MAYBE cream....

These aren't fucking donuts. Goddamn. These are cakes. Just because it has a whole in the middle doesn't make it a donut.

not because vegan
i am not vegan
however, i dont like the process nor do i feel like its in a form that is good for me at all. kind of like high fructose corn syrup. I understand they both came from organic things, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with their byproduct.

I'd bake her donut if you know what I mean

I donut know what you mean.

Got one from a kiosk in Tokyo Train Station back in april.

Was legitimately one of the best deserts/pastry I have ever had. I think that was more to do with the baker though to be honest. He had non mirror glaze.

Mine was blackberry rum basil. Was awesome. Wish I took a picture.

I also would have vaginal intercourse with her

>not in the butt
You're fucking up, son

youtube.com/watch?v=pZhV63pkDBw

WHY DOES SHE TALK LIKE THAT

I'll take a dozen.