What's the deal with the kale smoothie fad? Or I guess the juice cleanse fad in general...

What's the deal with the kale smoothie fad? Or I guess the juice cleanse fad in general. Should I start juicing my meals?

Asian culture appropriation.

I'd give her a colon cleanse if you know what I mean.

Like any health fad, it's very stupid. Mastication helps with digestion, having a dense slurry go straight into your stomach is less healthy than eating normally.

Why does masturbation help with digestion? I'm not doubting you, I just don't understand.

When you twiddle your one-inch it makes your belly jiggle which helps stomach acid reach the nooks and crannies of the food you ate

man she went from cute to slut in a hot minute

i bet her gram is whore central

You're losing weight, which is healthy for overweight people but the rest is bullshit. You're not getting much fibre

For one it slows down the process, allowing your body time to process what you're putting (such as chemical signals telling you when you've had enough food), but also keeps the food in the mouth longer where enzymes start the digestion process.

It also just doesn't sound like a good idea to shotgun food, y'know.

It's a way of adding protein and other shit to a smoothie.

Really though, it's not wise to consume raw kale. Cook it first.

What's wrong with raw kale?

Kale actually came out as not being all that good for you

Except you're completely wrong
The only thing that really breaks down from our saliva is carbs.
The reason we chew is to make it easier on our stomach to break down food. If you blend it into a liquid, it makes it much easier for your stomach to digest.

I don't know about raw kale

I've read that raw kale is actually bad for you compared to cooked kale. cooking it brings out more of the nutrients, but eating it raw can give you kidney stones and gout n shit.

tastes like shit mang, and also waaaaay overpriced.

do not recommend to Veeky Forums

Raw kale is a goitrogenic vegetable , which is believed by some to interfere with iodine uptake and affect thyroid function. Raw kale is also high in oxalic acid, which binds with minerals such as calcium and magnesium in the body causing them to crystalize. These crystals can damage tissues, cause inflammation in the body and kidney stones.

Jesus christ, no. Chewing makes your stomach create more acid and alerts the whole digestive system that it's about to receive a meal, it helps the whole process. Your body is designed to digest food like that, trying to make it easier by emulating chewing with a blender is counter-productive, we're not built to live on fluids alone.

>Or I guess the juice cleanse fad in general.
Juice controls the media

So eat a cracker before drinking a smoothie?

Juicing is fine but you should use it as a supplement for a normal, healthy diet, not a replacement - which is what people treat it as.

Drink juiced vegetables with your meals, get extra nutrition and vitamins. But it can't replace eating real, solid food.

Your body isnt that fucking useless. What you're saying has been 100% completely disproven

Curly kale is high in oxalic acid, dino kale is not.

>not knowing Kale has loads of sulffluorphane and more than 5oz a day will supress your thyroid function.
I surely hope you guys don't do this.

Prove it.

Any time you see someone claiming that fruits and vegetables are unhealthy, you can safely write that person off as a complete moron.

Read a fucking book

put some vanilla whey protein in there son

tastes great. i eat one every other day and my poops always have a green tint

So you're just shitposting, then? Can't back up your claims? Get off of Veeky Forums until you're 18.

>tastes great.

It also makes them completely useless from a nutrition standpoint. Casein has been proven to block the absorption of phytonutrients so adding it to your smoothies just means you're making your whey taste nasty for no reason.

What a coincidence. You're a moron.