Have you ever eaten an animal you personally killed?

Have you ever eaten an animal you personally killed?

Would you have any objections to that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJEO3rmefmI
youtube.com/watch?v=jLWIO1vIIos
youtu.be/d6k9msTgMFI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a rainbow trout i caught on a fishing trip. it was cleaned and cooked by dad, but i was ultimately responsible for its death.

i'd probably have some apprehension towards killing and eating a mammal. but it'd power through the puss emotions and get over it.

I used to hunt deer, duck, and sometimes rabbit every year they were in season.

Made a bad shot on a deer one year because I had bumped my scope at some point out walking. The deer suffered for at least 30 minutes while I fallowed it thought the woods before shooting it up close when it couldn't stand anymore.

Stopped hunting after that, I kinda felt bad. For some reason that incident stuck with me

Does killing fish ive caught count?

Only killed fish and half dead rabbits/birds my cat brings home.

One time we caught a sailfish from my boat and we decided to keep it. We cut its bill off and snapped its spine to fit it in the cooler. felt bad about that, probably wouldn't keep one of those majestic fuckers again.

RIP sailbro, you were tasty.

No I haven't. That's what the abattoir is for.

That I've killed personally? Lots of fish and seafood , but that's it.

I used to date an old school Cajun chick, and I went to her family farm once for a boucherie (pig slaughter). All the guys got drunk, then we had to help kill that huge bastard, then string it up, drain it, and tear it down. Nothing like boudin from an animal that was alive 30 minutes ago.

>there are people in this board who eat meat daily and have never slaughtered an animal

This. WHAT THE FUCK? Everyone should personally kill their food at least once in their lives.

fish don't count really.

I caught a rabbit in a snare when I was a manly scout, gutted and skinned it myself then cooked up a fucking delicious stew on a camp fire.

>Have you ever eaten an animal you personally killed?
Jup, but only a rabbit with a .22. I wouldn't mind to have a go at something bigger with my SG 550 or K31.

>Would you have any objections to that?
No.

Yes
If I don't get a gun killing my own animal is Moronic because I have no idea how to and I will absolutely without dobut make a mess

Sorry, I don't exactly live near a farm

If you're not a vegan or at least vegetarian you should probably kill yourself.

i ate some ants when i was a kid

Yes. Lots and lots of chickens.

I went over to visit my paternal grandmother in Viet Nam when I was 9. It was sometime in the afternoon and she asked if I was hungry. I said yeah. She went out back to give me a huge butcher knife and then pointed out back to where her chickens roamed free. She said I needed to catch one and then cut off its head with the knife. Took me a while to catch one. Took me a few tries to cut off its head. It was a delicious dinner.

Anyway, I have more respect for the food now.

I remember catching my first fish that I cleaned myself, I was with a friend and I'd caught a fat 10" yellow perch and I was like what the fuck do I do with this thing? and he told me to give it a bonk to stun it and then cut between the gills. I ended up clocking it with a mini maglite so hard that it got knocked out and started bleeding out of its gills and seemed to die instantly

I'm not bothered by it, it's still kinder than factory farming and eating four chickens worth of chicken wings with potatoes fried in beef tallow and served with beef gravy when you go out for dinner. If anything it's somewhat respectful

Yes. Many times. Deer, rabbit, various gamebirds, fish, shrimp, crabs...

>killing chickens by decapitation
wat
My grandmother always taught me to do it by snapping their necks
Also shot a few sheep with bolt guns, grew up on a small farm

That's how they kill most animals in 3rd world countries that don't have firearms, stunners, or bolt guns.
I know a farmer who still kills his ducks with a hatchet. It's not THAT uncommon

>3rd world countries that don't have firearms
3rd world countries DO have firearms.

Yes, by acquiring illegally. But why waste a bullet on a chicken when you need to save it for an intruder or some orphan?

Also, sorry, just realized how silly it would be to shoot a chicken. Insert any medium sized livestock instead.

>when you need to save it for an intruder
This is the mentality you find in rural Iraq, Somalia, Sudan or USA.

They shoot bullets in the air to celebrate weddings, man.

Russia is not third world country

>They shoot bullets in the air to celebrate weddings
In the USA maybe, not sure about Somalia or Sudan.

Oh they definitely do it.

>because I have no idea how to and I will absolutely without dobut make a mess

...sooo why not research how to do it beforehand?

I cook and eat deer that I kill on a regular basis. I eat deer meat about twice a week. Also, fish during the Spring. I eat bass and bluegill bream weekly during the Spring months. Rabbits when the season is in and doves during late Summer/early Fall.

This is done in any culture where there are a lot of guns. Americas, Africa, Asia.

Braindead liberals are just afraid of tools so they want guns only in the hands of government employees who are the only trustworthy people because personal responsibility is an alien concept to them.

>dead animal
>fish don't count
Wat

It's nothing to do with Liberals.

But American gun laws are on parr with the lowest of 3rd world countries.

That's basically how I get all of my meat nowadays actually, eventhough I really don't eat meat but on weekends in the first place anymore.
I think that's certainly the more ethically justifiable option to eat meat when on the other end of the scale there's animal concentration camps.

fourth world?

Shut your whore mouth

Russia is second world country I think

A few fish but I don't think that really counts.

If I kill an animal properly, it's dead instantly. However, vegetables stay alive long after they are harvested, and even during the cooking and eating process. You are a monster if you think that's OK. Plants have been recorded as giving off chemical triggers and even electrical signals that are detected by other plants when they are damaged. Just because carrots don't have cute widdle eyes doesn't make you not a monster.

This. 1st, 2nd, 3rd world terminology is always used to describe MOST DEVELOPED -> LEAST DEVELOPED, but the terminology never referred to development. They're cold war terms used to refer capitalist aligned nations (first world), communist aligned nations (second world) and non-aligned nations (third world), like the phillipines.

Walleye, northern pike (lots of bones), 8 point buck. It tastes better when you have the reward of catching and killing, however killing an animal is quite an experience itself.

Not exactly killed, but I did help butcher a boar
>Dad finds half dead boar on the way back
>Some truck knocked it earlier
>Decide to finish off the job with his truck
>Bring it back home
>Cut it into portions
>Guts still warm
>Ticks all over
The difficult part was ensuring the stomach didn't burst. That and splitting it down to the pelvic, since it was a male.
Also shit coming out, blergh.
Made some pork chops with it, gave most of the meat to our Rottweilers.

i held a lamb down yesterday while my friend sliced its throat open. I still dont know how to feel about it. on the one hand its like...i eat meat all the time but i dont see the slaughter...so doing it this way seems appropriate. on the other hand it was fucked up to hold this animal down and look him in the eyes as we killed him. i took care of this lamb for 2 days before killing it. his arm is still in my fridge and his skin is salting on the stoop.

Chickens, turtles, goats, deer, pig. never did a cow, they're too damn big to deal with

two nails in a stump is how we did it in Missisissippi, which is technically a third world country so I guess you're on to something.

do ants count?

they taste like lemons

>Would you have any objections to that?

the only animal i would kill is a wild one, cause you know they are already doing the whole surival bit instead of depending on humans
and hell yeah i would eat it

kek

Lobster count? Stabbed it in the head and wiggled the knife till it stopped moving.

Some people say a small blessing before they kill an animal for food.

I am in no way makig this up, but the hungrier you are, the less you care. It's a deeply biological reaction to killing prey. If you feel squeamish, skip a few meals and you'll be tearing that leg of lamb up like it was ambrosia.

you can do this to, my aunt always would say grace and include any of the animals we had to slaughter for supper. Kosher and halal meat is all killed this way, you have to say a prayer and use a special knife so the animal suffers as little as possible

Fuck off faggot

I hunt grouse.
They're breddy gud.

My baby hamster died and I was scared to get in trouble so I swallowed it

I have seen pigs getting killed twice. I never killed any, but mostly because I didnt have the opportunyty since I grew enough to be able to do it.

I remember being a little sorry for the pig, but it was because my uncle fucked up and had to stab it twice because he missed the heart.

I've got two squab pigeons in my fridge. Freshly plucked and smooth and pink and plump.
They weren't even old enough to fly when I picked them up and nestled them gently in my hands while I snapped their necks.
Any recipes for squab?

I love to cook them using a chinese method normally used for chicken or duck. Marinade them for a little while in rice wine with ginger, scallions, and a little star anise. Take out of the marinade then hang them from hooks--ideally in front of a fan--and let the skin get really dry. Then deep fry them in very hot oil, using a metal ladle to spoon the hot oil over the top of them. Keep them constantly moving with the oil poured over. You get a super crisp skin and tender flesh beneath.

No, nobody in my family hunts.

I've euthanized animals for research though.

My dad and I were starving on the appalachian trail. We were in "the wilderness," a 100+ mile stretch with no stores or roads or cell coverage nearby. So, we set up camp and started trapping squirrels. We got 3 in one day, thank god. We boiled one and fire roasted to other two. One of em on the fire didnt get gutted right because it was attrociously gamey, But the other 1, 10/10. Got us enough food to make it another 30 miles to the nearest store. Paired really well with the rice we seasoned with peppermint we found on the trail.

I bought a chicken just to kill it, and then we ate it.

plenty of chicken to make portuguese "arroz de cabidela" which requires the chicken blood

and some wild boar in the forested mountain ranges in portugal with a bow

You shoot a deer in the head with a gun? Why not just cut its throat if you already caught it?

I spearfish.

You're supposed to stab them in the head after you spear them to end their suffering quickly but I don't because they're flopping around and shit and I don't want to accidentally stab my hand. They take a while to stop, desu.

Do fish have feelings?

>This kills the goat

Yes. Goats, chickens, deer, rabbit, fish, and elk and pheasant (not fucking worth it for that shitty little bird).

Lol yes.

Yes, I fish. I usually unhook them and slit the head off if I am travelling with them. Otherwise I insert my thumb in through the gills and severe the spinal cord with my nail. It is easier to fillet them with the head still on, I find.

>deer

Gill grab them when you're doing it. If you're so spastic you can't dispatch your fish then you probably shouldn't be in the water.

They should make a movie about this.

I've killed and butchered much meat in my time, immeasurable and beyond my memory. I grew up on a farm and give my services to those around me on weekends in exchange for goods.

Fish don't count.

i grew up in a hood with a feral chicken problem. me and the kids from the block would run them down on bikes, chase them under houses, train dogs to catch them, catch them ourselves. chickens are fast as fuck. then we'd have to bleed and scald them, nothing smells worse than boiled feathers. then we'd cut off their feet, hang the feet out to dry, spray them with clear rustoleum and sell them to tourists as voodoo charms downtown. you could really make bank in the summer time killing chickens.

its very quick too and unlike neck snapping it really helps bleed them out quick. the arterial spray from a beating heart followed by a hang bleed is quicker than just a hang bleed.

>at high school
>lunch time
>walk out the backdoor
>school is right beside a forest
>see a fucking grouse just walking by the trail I usually walk during lunch
>look for a rock
>0 rocks
>have to run around the building
>come back with 4 nice sized rocks
>grouse is gone
>go back to where I last saw it
>see it off behind like 14 trees
don't even have a remotely clear line of sight
>decides to go for it anyways
>call down a blessing from Artemis to let my aim be true
>throw my rock
>most pinpoint perfect shot of my life
>hit that fucker square in the head
>not only that but the rock carried its head to the ground and pinned it
>dash through the trees and grab it
>rip its head off
>run home and throw my prize in the fridge
>have it with pasta later that night

Yes. A friend was moving out of his apartment and him and his girlfriend were also splitting up. They had kept rabbits and he wasn't going to keep his.
While I was drunk the girlfriend persuaded me into adopting it. I said, "I'm gonna eat it, you know." She said, "It's not my fucking rabbit, eat him if you want."

Well a few weeks later I concluded that adopting a rabbit was a really bad fucking idea and I butchered him, braised him, then made a stew. I shared it with a few people, including my friend, who said "Rest in peace, he was fucking delicious."

Just get a fish bat like everybody else uses.
Or smash the head with a big rock until they stop flopping if you wanna be all caveman about it.

I ate an ant once as a kid.

Indeed they do.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJEO3rmefmI

They do crazy tricks in Algeria: youtube.com/watch?v=jLWIO1vIIos

I've killed so many animals and enjoyed their bounty.

One of my favorite memories is the first deer I killed. My girlfriend's sister made spaghetti out of a mixture of beef fat and my venison. Ground meat balls.

Rural Michigan. My girlfriend's sister was perfect. I wish I could have had her.

fisherman are not proper hunters in my book.

A cow. Cut him at the jugular and let him jump around a bit. Took about 3 minutes to stop jumping and another 5 to stop twitching. Cooked the meat immediately and it was delicious.

They taste like shit, bro. Rip.
Had to brush my teeth because the taste got stuck in my shitty gapped gaps.

>Cutting off portions from a large animal
>It twitches
How often does this happen?

Not in the traditional way
But when I was at my very poorest (I am Russian and the economy was hard recently) I stole from the apartment living next door her cat, and throw it out the window. she found it when returning from the work and screamed. I run downstairs and pretend to calm her and offer to move the body so she doesn't have to see it. then I took and cooked it. i feel bad, but needed protein.

Just like their urban cloud watching laws.

I grew up in Morocco and moved to the states at 15. I've never bought pre packaged chicken. I buy a nice fat hen every week from a local farm 30 minutes away and kill it myself. Never had to worry about GMO's or anything. Whenever I cook for friends they say it's the juiciest, most flavorful chicken they've had.

You gotta eat when you gotta eat.

Had to slaughter a sheep so my pop pop could teach me the value of life. Just stabbed and punched out its throat. I was 12, didn't freak out or anything. My parents tried to raise me like a dang ol cityboy.

>things that didn't happen

I had a similar incident, I just got better at shooting.

I have killed and eaten both rabbits and Guinea pig. The rabbit was delicious and the Guinea pig was atrocious. The way they eat it in Ecuador is like a small fish or something, they just eat the bones.

The rabbit was cooked into a stew and was as good as you'd expect.

I have no objections, and in fact prefer it. I think if you couldn't stand to eat meat if you had to kill it yourself, you shouldn't be eating it just because someone else did. That's total cognitive dissonance and is intellectually and ethically dishonest.

Do people count?

Nothing except fish (plenty of fish tho).

I really wold like to kill an animal and planing to get a hunting license.

Yes. No exaggeration, but I have killed and eaten literally hundreds of animals.
Why do you ask?

A worm

Yum.
youtu.be/d6k9msTgMFI

I fell in love with Louisiana at age 6 witnessing something like that

Millions of years of adapting it's chitinous armor to ward off attackers.
Dies by a knife
Take that evolution

Many fish, many crawdads, one snake, several frogs and a chicken. I have no objections, except that I'd rather an expert killer take care of it for me, in most cases.

Christians believe fish aren't animal. Bible doesn't specify fish as animal, so during lent (meat-free days), they eat fish.

It makes sense if you've been taught your whole life that bible is the only source of information. This gets passed on for centuries and generation after generation. So fish aren't meat to them.

It's the same for Buddhists. There is a prohibition against the eating of land animals, but fish is not prohibited.