You just moved to a home on 12 acres of these. What do you make with them?

You just moved to a home on 12 acres of these. What do you make with them?

Laugh cuz they're called filberts. Then buy a slingshot. I'd give some to my grandpa but he just died

Don't know what the Fuck they are but look like acorns so after cracking my tooth trying to bite one open i would probably just leave them alone until one day while walking down my driveway I slip and fall on one and smack my noggin so hard I die. My last thought would be 'fuckin acorns'

>Don't know what the Fuck they are
you know what hazelnuts are right?

I would try to make homemade hazelnut spread and refine it.

Yeah but never actually seen one just had hazelnut flavored stuff before. Is that what they are?

grind them into meal
sell as organic

make millions

yeah they're just hazelnuts. Where Im from they're called filberts

Nut butter.

This. Keep 0.1% to yourself to make sweets and sucn and sell the rest as "Organic Hazelnut meal" to annoying hipsters for 10 bucks an ounce.

Shelled, roasted and salted they're great by themselves. They pair very well with chocolate, too. They also go "off" quicker than other nuts, so many people think they don't like them because they've only has semi-rancid examples.

If I had 12 acres of them I'd be thinking side business, for sure. If it's more than you want to bother with find someone who wants to run it and split profits with them. Sell to an upscale market, because really fresh hazelnuts can be hard to find, and people who want them are willing to pay high prices.

You are sitting on a gold mine.

Invest a bit into ensuring your product can be labelled as organic, check around if some manufacturer can use your product, but basically grind that shit at low expense intoe meal, and get rich.

sell premium nuts, hand picked, to restaurauants within your transport range.

i so fking wish i was in your position and had the opportunity you have.

>You are sitting on a gold mine.
Not locally. This area already produces 99% of the US domestic hazelnuts, you get them anywhere here. Most of the ones I pick for myself I give away because I have so many and never have a good use for them besides shortbread.

Though I'll give you a tip, if you ever go to an orchard ask if they have any nuts from the pollinators, they're much sweeter than regular ones.

Sounds like you need better marketing tactics bro.

I'd be all over the "organic locally raised without chemicals..." bandwagon and laugh all the way to the bank.

if you are in area that already produces 99%, you are utterly set.

sell your product ad a subcontractoe to the larger producers innyour area, this is efficient.

tey to cultivate and care for a few treesmpersonally, and sell the produce feom that to online as the finest hazenut of your ciuntry to retaurants and idiot vegans.

Legit, man, you landed in a gold mine.

Fellow Oregonian?

>A gold mine

Bullshit. It's much better than that.

If you treat your trees right you will never run out.
You don't need heavy equipament or hazardous chemical to get the product.
You can seel it directly to people with very little goverment intervention.
And you have to worry very little about fluctiating prices.

Between a gold mine and a Hazel nut farm, the farm wins 9 times out of 10.

yep

I lure Anna Kendrick slowly but surely ofc

Heh. Small world. There was an orchard by my old house, used to walk past it with my daughter to the park. Sometimes I'd snag a handful from around the trees closest to the road.

My dad has a lake cabin with several hazelnut trees on the property. He has recently declared war on the squirrels since they eat them all before he can harvest. Casualties were high last I heard.

Has he broken any of the Hague or Geneva rules yet?

it's not a goldmine, but this is the way to do it, you call around until you find a grower that will harvest your nuts, they'll give you about 1/5-1/4 the wholesale price but you don't have to lift a finger unless you want to do the tree maintenance yourself or something to save a few bucks. Its a source of income, you just need to have trusty growers to work with.

Slingshot ammunition.

feed'm t' pigs
then make delicious Spanish-style hams, dry-cured