Helped a friend kill a lamb yesterday and got this. I have no idea what to do with it...

Helped a friend kill a lamb yesterday and got this. I have no idea what to do with it. Can you guys recommend a recipe please?

I'd do a basic roast. Trim off any remaining silverskin. Stab it all over with a long, narrow, knife and cram pieces of garlic into the holes. Rub all over with salt and pepper. Put in a roasting pan, slap that sucker in the oven. High heat at first to brown, then lower the heat to continue cooking through.

Bonus points for putting wine and herbs in the roasting pan.

rub it with some rosemary and put it on a barbecue for a few hours

thank you kind user. I only have a shallow (2.5 inches deep) pyrex dish. does the roasting pan need to be pretty deep? and while roasting i should cover the shoulder? thanks friend.

ive only got dry rosemary, should i also lightly oil it too? to aid in rosemary sticking?

bumpity bump if i can :D

Toss it into a pot with a load of other shit then boil it

wouldn't hurt
lamb stew is also always a good option

I prefer a shallow pan for roasting. If you use a pan that's too deep then the pan will block some of the radiant heat from the walls of the oven. 2.5 inch deep is ideal IMHO.

>>Cover
Only if you think the outside is browning faster than the inside is cooking. Cover prevents browning.

Here' s a tip for you: Don' t get shit if you don' t know what to do with it.

This user, keep it simple.

this has got to be the shittiest philosophy i have ever read. How is a person supposed to learn and experience new flavors along the journey of life if they restrict themselves to things they only know? you must live a sad existence my friend, i hope you find change soon. au revoir

By researching FIRST, and THEN following though.

I cook new stuff that I have no experience with often. But before I buy the first ingredient I study up on recipes and procedures.

Thats what im doing here senpai, im researching.

Yeah, but you already have the meat.

Then again, it's not as if it's going to go bad in a single day so you have some time to get things sorted.

This is the only way. I stab it all over with 1 inch deep holes and stuff them with fresh rosemary and garlic cloves and then roast it in my infrared cooker.

yeah dude we killed it yesterday and he took the rest of it with him so he gave me a shoulder before he left. i can cook meat, but i havent cooked lamb before, i thought it would be an interesting topic of conversation, you know me killing it and all. Also i really value the diversity of this community and hold their opinions in high esteem. Its better than reading some shit housewife post on some stay at home mom cooking blog, id like to know what my fellow neets/betas/ and creeps have to say about a lambs shoulder. I thought about just slapping it on the grill but i think ill go with the roasting method because this is going to be my lunch for the rest of the week and i think roasted lamb with brown rice will hold better on my bicyling commute to work and i think it will last longer in the fridge, stews are great but the weather is hot here in spain. i really like the grill idea but my grill runs hot even at its lowest settings, i have an electric oven and am going now to buy a bottle of red wine to cook it with. i will post pictures and critique of the end result. thank you for your input. i know i came off kind of cunty at the beginning but this is just a unique situation for me to be in. i have never killed an animal and skinned it before. it was really sobering and i have a new appreciation for life on earth (my own included) cheers friendo.

Heres what it looks like

Thanks for cheking my thread guise. Ill see you in flavortown

Remember, don't overcook it. I'd cook it to 140F/60C and then take it out and wrap it in foil, and carryover will take it to 145F/63C. Leave it in the foil for 15 minutes. Don't touch it during that time or it will instantly crumble to ashes.

what he said, except low at first, then high, otherwise the outside gets tough before the inside tenderizes, then blast it at 400 to get a nice brown outside

look up reverse searing, it's the same principle

What am I looking at here? Fur with salt?

>oven roasting

Total waste of meat. There should be fire involved, or you might as well go eat a handful of lawn clippings.

Make Venision with white rice