What do you think of Stephen King?

What do you think of Stephen King?

Cool guy; bad author.

An intelligent and dedicated man who used his efforts in an overtly self serving fashion and helped start a really bad trend in literature, of which he is still the figurehead.

i don't think about him at all.

He makes popcorn, popcorn good enough to become part of pop culture while avoiding fading into irrelevancy like other popcorn makers such as Dan Brown

when he is bad, hes unreadable, but he has his gold nuggets, I really enjoyed The Gunslinger, and On Writing has pretty solid advice you should follow even if you dont like him

fite me maggots

The Long Walk is a fantastic read

Got me into reading when I was young tbqhwy familammajamma.

How does a man put so much ink to a page to tell such simple stories?

His only novella I like better is The Running Man.

Yeah, my uncle bought me The Shining when I was 8, got me pretty hooked. I have about twenty of his books on my shelf.

An even better question is, how does he keep you reading so easily? I can get through a thousand pages of King quicker and easier than five hundred of Herbert, Uris, or Eco. King and Crichton really have the pulp down.

The Dead Zone is one of the most unexpectedly emotional books I've ever read.

>Kids, fiction is the truth inside the lie, and the truth of this fiction is simple enough; the magic exists

Is Stephen King a Hegelian?

He doesn't. It's so fucking boring to read a guy take two pages to say what could be said in a half. He fills his books with shit. He can't stop himself. Does he even edit? I doubt it. The only book of his I ever managed to get through was The Talisman.

Greatest American novelist of the 20th century

He's a terrible writer but he's pretty good at making hooks.

Don't like very much from him. The Bachman books are decent and IT was really good. Haven't gotten to The Stand, but I plan to.

The first half of the Stand is amazing.

Dude really imagined how a virus could wipe out most humans and what would happen to civilization. The rest of the book is crap and the ending is fucking awful: the hand of god. REALLY!!! 1,200 pages and the fucking HAND OF GOD comes down!!!! Fuck you!.

But the first half is amazing.

Im still mad at The Stand for not having jojo Stands

Whew, you read The Library Policeman, didn't you? Sorry he reminded you of things you'd rather forget.

Better writer than anybody on this board

Summerfags have arrived

Thats not saying much, senpai

Uh, ok?