I bought some American-style bacon. I've never had it before. What should I expect?

I bought some American-style bacon. I've never had it before. What should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IWIj703AA_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's much more of a garnish than a 'meat', in my opinion and not very substantial. That said, as a garnish, it works better than British bacon so goes well on soups, in salads, and so on.

Disappointment.

I'm planning to put some on a pizza

>sweet cured streaky breakfast rashers

Sounds like a wobbly wibble jolly good nibble in the morn

>rashers

hahahahaa ahahahahahahH

>American-style bacon
>What should I expect?
rotten teeth and diabetes.

wtf is a "American-style" rash?
If you wood have bought REAL American, thick cut, apple wood smoked, black pepper bacon, you could have expected an orgasm
Sorry about your life choices

>bacon on soups
explain, I'm a bit flabbergasted.

>rash
Retard.

>streaky breakfast rashers
nigga what the fuck

>rasher
It's a word older than the nation you live in.
The USA doesn't have history, just habits.

Fry the bacon until crispy, crumble, then garnish. Works best with thicker soups so that the bacon can rest on top and stay crispy.

a tasty treat.

t. reddit

>sweet cured streaky breakfast rashers

Oh look its bong o'clock

like this shit right here

Better than fat 'tard o'clock.

My first really good laugh today, and it's pretty late.

Looks like it's already that time in Bongistan

Aww you anglos are so cute when you're butthurt

>with added water
why is p*rk in this country so disgusting? even waitrose and the other supermarkets top brands seem to give off bacon spunk these days.

english > danish >>> dutch tho.

Some people like their bacon soft and soggy, some like it crispy
I like mine on the softer side, ymmv

that looks like bacon that's been in the fridge for a month

>americans seriously forgot the words bacon rashers existed despite using it up until the 90s
>probably call it bacon strips like the mental age of 5 year olds they are
the fuck
t. Aussie

Isn't is just short for rations?
Because europe was so poor and war torn that they had to ration meat and it just stuck because the most stereotypical parts of europe really haven't changed much

>be australian
>think your opinion matters on any topic other than devastating failure at the hands of an avian foe

you see, the problem you have is you assume emus are just birds.
in the wild they grow 20ft tall and are as fast as a leopard, bullets just bounce right off them unless you hit them in a weak spot.
these creatures aren't mere birds, they're hell raptors that were banished to a hell continent.

This and Petit Jean are the only bacon I buy

If it doesn't shatter into a million shards, then it's basically just bacon-flavored ham at that point.

It's much more flavorful than British bacon and is goat-tier when fried with onions. The trade-off is that there is less actual meat than british bacon.

Personally I prefer to cook with it and only eat it straight rarely.

Protip: if you really want to try true-blue american food get some real maple syrup and dip some crispy bacon in.

Go to your local independent butcher m8. No water, no bullshit. If you're buying bacon in a sealed plastic tray you only have yourself to blame.

>be australian
>get pecked

The word has been in use since the 16th century. Rationing didn't appear in English until the 18th century. Though "rasher" can be used to mean a portion as well as a single slice (though that usage is pretty archaic), so they might share a root.

Flavortown!

Much more flavorful than the ham you're used to.

Enjoy, my ugly brother.

you can buy proper bacon from any supermarket these days. look for dry cured

my local butcher adds shitloads of water to the bacon

>my local butcher adds shitloads of water to the bacon

I'm sorry for your loss.

Yeah, they're shit. I just go to the shop instead.

Yes.

So does yours.

>mfw Americans call sweet cured streaky breakfast rashers, "bacon".

WTF am i looking at OP? What the hell is the difference?

Streaky bacon wet cured with extra sugar, presumably meant for eating with American Pancakes per the illustration

I approve of this post

Bought the same one a few months ago. Its shit.

>streaky breakfast rashers

Why do you speak like fucking children?

>this is the bacon bongs have available to them
>this is the kind of garbage bongs have as a frame of reference when they have the audacity to consider their provincial island food in any way superior to the wealth of abundance they have over in freedom land

It's sad, really.

>american """"bacon""""
youtube.com/watch?v=IWIj703AA_g

But that's obviously taken from the exact same cut, just with that lean end bit trimmed off (which wouldn't fit in a normal pan anyway).

Pizza is one of the few dishes I dislike bacon in. Its too greasy for pizza

Bacon is par-cooked before being baked on pizza. It's far less greasy than most pepperoni or Italian sausage.

also tastier

Is that bitch smoking while pregnant?

shes jsut fat

>be american
>lose entire cities to a different kind of animal