ITT: Books that no on here has actually read

ITT: Books that no on here has actually read

I've read it twice.

I just purchased it today. I wonder how long it'll take me to get through.

If this is bait, decent. If serious go back to where ya came from guy

You won't get through it.

Loads of people here (inc. me) have read it. projecting much?

Why not?

Should I read it even if I don't understand a single sentence

He's memeing. It's hard, but not that hard.

your dick is hard

Yes, then go to people online who explain it. Then reread it. Then cry over how stupid the experience was. You won't even want to gloat about it to people afterwards.

>ITT: Books that OP hasn't actually read

FTFY

This is one of these books that is a waste of time. You could read several economics, history, politics books in the time it takes you to read this babble.

This fart sniffing lunatics book has no value beyond making people feel high and mighty.

Why lie on an anonymous imageboard? If you actually did sit through this whole book you'd be gloating to your friends about it.

Oh wait....

Thanks for demotivating me.

Kill yourself. I'm not even memeing.

what's the point of reading books full of thoughts when you can just sit and think for hours

if you really got demotivated by that memer you deserve what you get

>they just fucking have the last page right there on the front cover
Fuck this designer, seriously

You know what? I'm going to try this.

I read this book in the winter of 2012. The first 100 or so pages was the hardest to get through in my opinion; the Telemachus section with Kinch. Sure there were confusing bits later on, but by that point I was already committed and it was overall a really enjoyable book. I remember getting a few minor chubs in the Circe part. There's a lot of social/historical context that's not that apparent to readers a hundred years later so getting an annotated version always helps. The book in the OP has tiny, blurry type. Also read Dubliners and Portrait first for that immersive feel.

My favourite episode was the Sirens.

after you've been alone in your thoughts for long enough it's nice to read somebody else's mind.

I'm just getting in to Irish literature like the pleb I am, but by the time I'm done maybe I'll have had fun. I just ordered Graveyard Clay and I've already got the collection of Joyce and I'm looking into Flann O'Brien so I'm really excited.

Any /Irish/ here having read Cre Na Cille in Irish and English, by chance? It only recently got translated and what I've read about it has the translation as very good.

go blow up a car you drunkard potatofaggot

I'm from Alabama though

Why would gloat about reading a book

why read otherwise?

I'm not him, but it still applies desu. Maybe even more than it does in Ireland now.

It sure did with that national championship win for like 2 months.

It doesn't matter though...

its called meditating

It's not for everyone

I don't believe in magic.

I read it 2 times. AMA.

I'd argue that Finnegans Wake is a waste of time, but Ulysses is a great work of literature.

I actually mean this when I say it. I want you to kill yourself. Please do it soon.

There's an online Veeky Forums society of intellectuals that started with the intent of reading and discussing this book, and is still in the process of reading it.