Stuff that this utterly patrician board would crucify you for reading but you enjoy anyway

Stuff that this utterly patrician board would crucify you for reading but you enjoy anyway.

>RLM mixed with Max Payne

Yes

More

I want to see Vinnie Goniti as Jack

wicked

The Meme Trilogy. They want you to read it, they don't want you to enjoy it, and they want you to understand it, they also want you to enjoy it, they want you to get prepared first, they tell you this. "Don't read them yet, get prepared, user." They say this over and over. Start with the Greeks.

toni morrison and alice munro

Vonnegut and Salinger

tim dorsey is really fun and funny and everyone should read his books

At least half of my bookshelf.

Read that when I was really young. I think having the image of a guy getting assfucked and possibly given AIDS by a tigerperson explains a lot about how I grew up.

These books get by solely by having the most likeable asshole ever written as the main character.

The Fountainhead
The Stand
Manga and Graphic Novels
Anything that isn't the most polarizing shit ever published, which is all anyone here talks about (see; Joyce, Wallace, Pynchon)

Why are people so fixated on that stuff? I just started coming here and feel completely out of sync with what seems to be the norm. I'm the "at least half my bookshelf" poster. Initially I thought it was just memery, but I get the feeling that somewhere along the line the memes became reality.

Anything by blacks, women, or both.

Dan Brown

Stephen King

Genre-fiction mystery novels

Pulp sci-fi

George Carlin

Indiana Jones

Doesn't sound like you have any idea what polarizing means.

I went to that place in OP's picture.
I was tripping balls on mushrooms trying to masturbate while listening to Gregorian Chants. Trying my damnedest to think about raping an Asian woman in a restroom.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to conjure visions of a terrified Japanese girl turtling as I bust into a college bathroom at 2am on a Saturday, wasted with my cock out, holding a rotary phone to bash her face in a few times before the rapening happens.

Instead, I'm laying there on my bedroom floor with a toilet brush in my ass, wearing my little sister's dirty panties, cock in hand with my cat laying on my chest purring. While I desperately try to cum, to sleezy thoughts, listening to horribly homoerotic chants about the bible or something.

Longstory short, I was viciously beating my dick for 3 hours. (gonna have scabs in the morning).
When all of the sudden, I'm in the glittery/gold nebula like whirlwind with pulsing stars and faggot angels playing the musicale instruments.
"Oh shit!", heading into the light. Meanwhile, disembodied floating heads of Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla are judging me for wasting my potential.

FINALLY came after 5 fucking hours after opening my bed room door to expose my self in the hall way. The thought of getting caught by my mom and sister's was what finally did me in.

Best nut in my life swear I laid in the opening listening to my sister's and talk over the Movie Lion King for about 30 minutes, while orgasmic juices slowly oozed out of my dick for the entirety of those 30mins.

I'll never forget that moment I saw the light and felt God. Nirvana

YA Audiobooks for dream time.

Ben Lerner.

Nobody masturbates while they trip on mushrooms though.

That reminds me of this really vivid sexual dream I once had. I was having a nap and as I drifted off to sleep I was fondly imagining having my way with this certain tomboyish classmate of mine. I fell into a half awake, half asleep sort of hypnagogic area. I had this vivid dream of finding tomboy girl in an isolated farmhouse and. . .raping her. I felt pretty guilty about what I did in the dream when I woke up. When I fap when I'm fully conscious I'm not usually that regressive.

>half awake, half asleep sort of hypnagogic area
The best part of waking up extremely tired.

House of leaves

Has something to do with every other thread being shit posts about Infinite Jest and self-proclaimed patricians getting into Reeeeee matches over whether it's good or bad. Apply to Gravity's Rainbow and Ulysses or Finnegan's Wake along the way.

pulp detective novels (hammett, carver, etc) are my shit

A favorite, though I realize it's pretty edgy/10

Yeah me too. Most people here aren't going to judge you for that though, guys like Hammet and Chandler were actually p good writers.

Stephen King

>Hard-boiled detective fiction
>Bret Easton Ellis
>Stephen King
>Michael Chabon
>Comic books both mainstream and indie
>Franzen
>Philip Roth

I love what I read and I couldnt care less about impressing strangers on the internet.

>utterly patrician

Well Shit, Sherlocke! Thanks for dissuading me from reading whatever it is you spew!

mein negro. seriously that shit makes me hard, i can totally get why wittgenstein loved people like norbert davis, there's a lot of beauty to a writer just having fun with their stuff.

I like you

Is George Carlin hated on Veeky Forums? I've never heard him mentioned on here.

Tell me yours so I can see if I like you too, bro

>there's a lot of beauty to a writer just having fun with their stuff.
jesus christ. this is so fucking uninformed and stuffed chock full of projection it makes me sick. Norbert Davis, who died after a state of prolonged poverty, was not just having fun with his stuff. Most of detective novelists were not doing so. Especially the ones in the magazines Wittgenstein read. You interpolate anything into what justifies you enjoying what is "pleb". Well check this shit out mate, having guilty pleasures makes you an insufferable cretin. You demean yourself and the creator. It's fine to have both Finnegans Wake and Garfield on your nightstand. You need no justification.

The Brontë sisters (Anne, Charlotte, Emily), Gertrude Stein, Wordsworth, Byron, Blake, Frankenstein (SciFi), Keats, Coleridge, Shelley, The Castle of Otranto, Poe, Finnegans Wake, The Cantos (Pound), Le Morte Darthur, Gene Wolfe, Tolkien, Lolita, erotic novels with underage girls, Aristotle (people here usually prefer Plato?), Apocrypha, Eckhart, the A Very Short Introduction series.

That's a pretty good list, user. Patrician even, if I dare say so.

such an ebin pose!

Harry Potter
LotR
Robert Langdon
The Millennium Trilogy probably

This board ships Munro she is our canadian gilf lord of lit

Michael Crichton

>erotic novels with underage girls

Such as? Other than the obvious.

Bernard Cromwell
Allan Mallinson
A few Steven Kings
"Low-lit" sci fi and fantasy

>(see;
Learn your grammar, loser. You won't get that novel published if you can't use punctuation correctly. You may have to settle for a short story instead, you vapid cunt.

Not to mention the pathetic "mein negro". He's probably a teenager, so I wouldn't worry about it.