Analytical chemistry > organic chemistry > inorganic chemistry > physical chemistry

analytical chemistry > organic chemistry > inorganic chemistry > physical chemistry

t. test tube washer

>2016
>not having an ultrasonic washer

Hahahaha no. Analytical chemistry barely produces any good research. Oh wow we detected incredibly small amounts of heavy metals in fish, it's so small it's nothing to worry about, but we did it. Literally an Anal. Chem paper. Most Anal. Chem research is just done to keep the field alive and train grads, it's just like why people still analyze shakespeare's work even though they've done so for like 200 years.

You'll never make cool molecules like pic related.

>analytical chemistry ⋘ organic chemistry ⋘ inorganic chemistry ⋘ physical chemistry

analytical chemistry > inorganic chemistry > physical chemistry > organic chemistry

>organic chem.
but where are your pretty colors, huh OP?

Biochemistry > organic chemistry > your mom > any other chemistry.

My opinion > your opinion.

So basically least to most money and easiest to hardest?

Shit, what a trigger-happy brainlet I am. I meant to respond to OP not you.

Chemistry < Real Science

go play with your shitty lasers somewhere else faggot

this is the truth, right here

>kcal/mol

Biochemfag here.
I think all areas of chemistry are great :3
We have to stand together

all you faggots are wrong
(organometallic chemistry > pure inorganic = materials chemistry >= physical chemistry = synth. method. and nat. prod. synth. > basic organic chemistry) analytical chemistry
analytical chemistry really can't be compared to the other branches of chemistry because it is fundamentally different

>completely arbitrary SI units are better than ones based on practical measurements

here, biochem is similar to analytical in that it is also fundamentally different and it can't really be compared to the other branches

Who you think you are? Trying to talk sense to these people?

Sorry, no one else is this autistic.

>"completely arbitrary SI units"
>"practical measurements"
Amurritard detected.

You mean no one else ITT has had chemistry beyond ochem 2

why don't you go read some chem journals, kcal/mol is the international standard

Awww, someone is still trying to go against SI.
Go fuck measurements some place else.

does the arrows pointing towards the name mean its not as good as the one to its right?

so analytical chemistry > physical chemistry means physical chemistyrs better?

>The cubit is an ancient unit based on the forearm length from the middle finger tip to the elbow bottom.
>The meter is the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.

Yuropoor detected.

ITT: Anal Chemists butthurt because their field is the lab-tech-tier subfield of chemists

> muh titrations
> muh machines (borrowed from the biomed department)
> muh spectrophotomers

who gives a shit since
>physics > chemistry

>who gives a shit

People who actually want a job in their field.

< JESUS
- REDNECK SCI GUY

Analytical chemistry as a field is lame as fuck. I love using mass spectrometry and I love getting fantastic separations, but these are things that many fields (within and outside of chemistry) use and master. Bioorganic/inorganic chemists do that stuff too. So do materials chemists, and physical chemists.

Being an "analytical chemist" therefore means more than just what I mentioned; it means fucking around with method development and error and other autistic shit. I'd like to point out that analytical chemists know very little actual chemistry, in the sense that they rarely think on a molecular level.

I pity my anal chem friend doing his PhD in it, he spends all his time repairing and optimising machines, and doesn't end up doing much interesting work.

I'm in favour of abolishing it as an undergraduate endeavour, because anything you learn from it at that level is also learned from other disciplines.

It also has the dumbest job prospects, nobody wants to willingly work in QC

this

this is the indisputable truth

Pchem > Inorganic > organic >>>>>analytical

we all knew this was a bait post as soon as "analytical" was somehow best. It's literally the most boring fucking aspect of chem.

This as well

>getting a PhD in shit lab work

L-O-fucking-L. Theres a reason there are so many jobs available for analytical chemists; nobody wants to do it. analytical is literally about doing all the work everyone else has to do anyway, only at a higher level.

what do physicists do anyway?

>phys chem being anywhere but top of the chemistry fields
Opinion disregarded

I wanna do Analytical Chem haha, have I lost it? I do spend a lot of the time in labs messing around with my machines and changing parts though. Great times

Are you serious? Biomedical research uses analytical chemists literally every publication. Who do you think does the triple rat micro dialysis and MS++ assays on the compounds I make? I sure as shit don't.

Tiering chemistry is dumb but there is one that all will agree with: computational chemistry produces shit research and they just eat pizza and watch Netflix while week-long jobs are running on the PC.

Literally useless mathematicians, go study physics and stop wasting lab space.

analytical chemistry > inorganic chemistry > organic chemistry > physical chemistry

Fixed

yeah, you have.

What are some good sources for organic chemistry?

>they just eat pizza and watch netflix
All the more reason to get into it

>> muh machines (borrowed from the biomed department)

THEY'RE INSTRUMENTS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Titration is very meditative.

In terms of being the most traditional (I.e. closer to the spirit of alchemy), organic chemistry (particularly synthesis) is the best, followed by inorganic chemistry, biochemistry, physical chemistry, and lastly analytical chemistry.

Anal chem is honestly more statistics than chemistry.

Sit around all day being inferior mathematicians

For undergrad employability, sure. Don't disagree with any part of this list.

But, really depends on how you rank them/

I'll take it any day over Phys Chem, thermo dynamics kill me now

not if you use these

theoretical chemistry > physical chemistry >inorganic chemistry >> organic chemistry >>>>> analytical chemistry

420 blaze it

>this stupid thread again

Naw, better analytic chemistry techniques can make all other aspects of chemistry wayyyy better.

Take catalysis. If you can make a GC that can detect stupidly small amounts of material (picograms), suddenly you can run thousands of reactions from one milligram of material. That makes things *much* easier on researchers and improves the capacity of high-throughput screening.