What's a book that will make me stop wanting to die

what's a book that will make me stop wanting to die

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/06/how-walking-in-nature-prevents-depression/397172/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For me, it was the myth of Sisyphus

You mean the one that literally ends with "Just pretend your happy :D"

ummm yeah dude just find excitement in the grass around u.... pushing boulders up mountains for eternirty isnt that bad...

Yeah rather have it out there plain and in the open then obfuscated by some moral code

>the point of life is to pretend like you're happy

That's a pretty shit conclusion for a book that is supposed to explain why suicide is a bad choice

The one that you should be writing.

i gave up on writing a long time ago and if i did try to write some shit it'd make you want to kill yourself either from how shitty it is, how depressing it was, or both

did you even read the fucking book?
epictetus' discourses, unless your life is actually shit... willing to bet it isn't

Why? Because it doesn't contribute life to something greater then what it is? That there is no getting over the disconnect between existence and the search for meaning so if someone wants meaning its going to have to be arbitrarily created.

I'm just saying the thesis of the book is "Hey killing yourself is bad" and then it ends with a conclusion that is "So it doesn't matter if you kill yourself but it'd be nice if you didn't because you can just pretend to be happy"

>epictetus' discourses

imo the pure stoicism rather lacks the basis

it teaches that you should accept what happens to you because it's how this world works, this idea itself is pretty good, at least till you accept only those things which you objectively can't change, it can be dangerous too since it can lead to excessive fatalism

but unless you can find a good reason for that acceptance, that idea is not really fully satisfactory (unless you are a convinced materialist of course, but stoicism isn't materialism), and the attempts of stoicim to provide such a reason don't really seem that good, their idea of logos is not that fulfilling since their logos doesn't seem much better than the borges' blind camel of fate, they also teach that the moral virtue is itself a reward, and while it's likely true, is that reward truly enough?

when stoicism meets christianity the conception becomes more sound, but there appears the problem of evil...

TRIPWHORE IS SPEAKING, PEOPLE

Women are hedonists and their enemy is boredom, effort, risk, danger.
Fortunately, men are desperate enough to feel relevant, so they are pushy enough to try to be noticed by women (because they fail to be relevant beyond women). and sooner or later, they cracks the bf-shield

Women know that chads and other robots are willing to help them, to have an easy life. The natural problem of women is that they get bored sooner or later with whoever choose to try to entertain them.
So women change their partners to avoid the rut and to create drama. men do not like to be changed, since they loved to be relevant for once in their life, they whine and hate women when women find other providers.
Of course, changing partners constantly becomes a bore too, so they want some fixed men in their life to give them emotional and material support, Rarely sex because women know that, no matter how good the lover is, it gets boring sooner or later.
When they are replaced, men become resentful towards women, since they lose the validation of their existence. They pretend that they can live without women and that they even are better than women, smarter, stronger (in forgetting that women do not need to be so, because men want to be so in place of women)

Knowing that they are not able to stop loving to be supported by men, Women love also to think that they need no man and that they live to help others. This is part of the tactic to enhance their pleasures: women think that they are good people in society, only to feel even more raw, more animal, more of a little minx, typically in private, when they are fucked properly by some beta ready to serve them sexually.

I want to know how you measure the sincerity of happiness

>muh measure like a stem kids

can you go back to your stem nihilism

What the fuck does sincerity have to do with a book that claims to want to talk you out of killing yourself not living up to its promise

The relevance of sincerity is deciding what the distinction is from created meaning from inherent meaning. What I took from Camus is "not much"

Nature walks

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/06/how-walking-in-nature-prevents-depression/397172/

I haven't read Camus but understand the idea of "revolting"

I thought being hedonistic and accepting physical pleasure as an absolute would make more sense

I used to think Sisyphus was a myth but now it hurts when I pee

nice hippy bullshit

Me too. Also it does not just say pretend to be happy.

A Confederacy of Dunces

yes it does

Catch 22 made me stop wanting to kill myself
Unfortunately I read the stranger right after that